Date of Incident
    September 29, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Cory Paulson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Minimike1220

Accused Character Name
    Marcellus

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    16:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule. 2 RPl Rule 15. ML

Description of the incident:
    I have met a lot of different types of Synthetic, but I have never met Synthetic who breaks into CL office to ask for some Research points. Pretty LRP and he broke ML.

Was writing fax and was sitting in my CL room near fax. When suddenly shutters are opened, door was hacked and Synthetic Marcellus comes into my room to ask some Research Grants. He had no permission, it wasn't emergency situation, I wasn't aware of him and he wasn't part of W-Y, I assume. So I threat him as a trespasser. I told him he went rogue and asked him to shut down himself until further notice. I also informed CIC and MPs. One of MP were standing near and saw how Synthetics were hacking the door, but done nothing because he didn't know how to behave in this situation. In the end Marcellus continue to work in the lab for some reason after breaking Marine Law, while not being part of W-Y or USCM crew. Captain didn't care about Synthetic at all, so I assume he was part of USCM.

Because not me or MPs didn't know how to threat this situation, they assume Sythetic would never break ML. That is why I makeing this post.

As for another notes. He never repaired door(CE was haveing hard time fixing it).

Read some guides and wiki on Synthetics behavior:
    1. Synthetics have 100% understanding and adherence to Marine Law, in short, they are unable to break marine law. https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Synthetic
    2. Do not break Marine Law in any way. //showthrea...and-Guidelines
    3. Survivor Synthetics are not forced to follow Marine Law, dependent on their chosen alignment (Colony/Survivors/USCM/WY etc.) https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules

What marine laws were broken:
    1. Trespassing.
    2. Damage to Government Property - Broken door.

If he was W-Y, I didn't order or allow him to come to my room.
    If he was USCM, he had no order from Captain to hack into my room. If he was part of USCM, then he should have followed ML.
    If he was neither, he had no solid reason to do it. Breaking into CL room to ask for Research Points is pretty LRP.

I also read about his gimmick and this behavior doesn't suit this Synthetic at all.
    "Marcellus would not wish to engage in conversation with the marines, unless necessary, or ordered, as he would feel himself to be an outcast, not one of the squad-mates, or shipside friends." - https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16800

If such behavior is allowed to Survivor Synthetic, then I would like to hear reasons why and some advice on how to better handle situation.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Check logs of him trespassing and hacking.

How you would punish the accused:
    Temp job-banned from Synthetics or de-whitelist if necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Paulson View Post
    Captain didn't care about Synthetic at all, so I assume he wasn't part of USCM.
    Some mistake.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the ship's synth during this round (map was CORSAT by the ways) and I saw constant calls to "deactivate the synth" "destroy the synth" "turn off the synth" over command comms and I believe it also spread over into squad channels. I saw marcellus speak about once over command channel, very late in the round.

This also led to a charlie marine attempting to gib me using ds1 while I was dead (I assume because the names Maxwell and Marcellus are similar and he got confused) but I was saved by a bravo and the field doc

I never saw marcellus in-person during this round nor did he ever seem to make his allegiance clear.

He had command comms so he must have had his ID fixed and got a synth headset, presumably by cic officer or an MP changing his id in either cic or briefing
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    I was the ship's synth during this round (map was CORSAT by the ways) and I saw constant calls to "deactivate the synth" "destroy the synth" "turn off the synth" over command comms and I believe it also spread over into squad channels. I saw marcellus speak about once over command channel, very late in the round.
    That is correct and I am sorry for that. I think he already had his headset when he was trespassing.

I don't know how or why he got command set, because when PMC came Captain agree that I have right to take Synth with me. I wanted to take him with me because he transmitted DNA drug for reason for me unknown. Again if he wasn't part of crew I don't know why he was in lab. And had accesses to it. If he was part of USCM then he shouldn't break ML, as this rule states 3. Survivor Synthetics are not forced to follow Marine Law, dependent on their chosen alignment (Colony/Survivors/USCM/WY etc.) https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules - or maybe I am understanding this law wrong, but it clearly says depends on alignment.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ignored me after calling for you over comms, I had thermals and saw you were faxing, however, you DID respond to an MP, so yes, I hacked your door so I could speak with you. You immediately called for me to be arrested and executed because something happened which you didn't like. I frankly do not see my actions as LRP, my synthetic had a task to fulfill (as stated in the next line,) and would do what is necessary to fulfill it.

As for my allegiance when I do my research gimmick and anyone expresses interest in roleplay I claim I'm following my "prime directive" from W-Y, so it would be a W-Y allegiance, however I do not typically act as my superior being the CL as my orders come from higher up in W-Y. (Since it has been ruled before that CLs don't know everything about W-Y experimenting with xenomorphs)

As for the door, if I remember correctly all I did was pulse the main wire and crowbar open. You literally could have closed it if you clicked it and it wasn't screwed open. (If I left it screwed open I apologize for that, but if the CE REALLY couldn't figure that out then they shouldn't be playing CE.)

If you bothered to actually READ the synth rules survivor synths have 3 rules;
    1.) Survival - Not relevant
    2.) Faction rule - You claim I broke it, but I explained my actions above
    3.) Combat rule - Not relevant

Synth survivors are not obligated to follow marine law, although, they shouldn't be breaking it willy-nilly, of which I was not. Also your office door belongs to W-Y as far as I'm aware, so that would NOT be damage to govt. property.

Although irrelevant, as far as I'm aware I did not receive additional access from CIC (This might be the round where I got custom-titled synthetic role but no access because CMP didn't do it right) and typically if I have comms it is from the ground/station/colony

Finally this report is literally just salt because you didn't get your way, please learn to take a chill pill. We all play this game for enjoyment, but you cannot always have your way.

P.S. If he was encouraging marines to kill me that's literally self-antaging and he should be punished for that fact, also I apologize if I mixed any of this up, I have been playing synth survivor a lot on continuous rounds so occasionally information from round-to-round gets jumbled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Synthetic reaches out to CL for assistance:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CL is busy writing faxes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Synth interupts the CL:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP talks to XO about charges:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CL struggles to get his door fixed:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Command Comms of the Situation:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synth is assisting with Research at Medbay:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CL threatens Synth with WY:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The PMC's arrive to secure the drug:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

These were all the relevant logs I could find for the report. If I missed anything please let me know. Otherwise, I apologize for the delay.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth Council is finishing up its decision on this report.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council has finalized a decision: Minimike, aka Marcellus, was following Synthetic Survivor rules properly; as Almayer Synth rules do not directly apply to Synthetic Survivors and are treated as more of a guideline for RP, we see no rulebreaks on behalf of Marcellus.

No action taken.

someone please close the report

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed, Resolved by council.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer