SolidFury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6:50 AM Central
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Enforcement of the rules

and protocols

1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    2. Investigate the situation
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    Shortly after marines landed and began pushing, queen ordered xenos to herself and flanked LZ on Kutjevo, moving from southeast caves all the way west (running into some marines that have already pushed thru west botany bridge, as we reached the southern one) till we reached the LZ, breached it and took over Alamo.
    I was fighting several marines inside the dropship when apparently we received a XOOC about getting sleeped in 10 seconds unless we leave the LZ. I kept on fighting because I didnt notice it (I literally have messages bigger than XOOC just from vanguard shield recharging and combat logs of the same size)
    I finally got low on health and as I was leaving the LZ via south, I've been sleeped. I immediately LOOC'd "what" then proceeded to scroll up my chat log to see if I missed something, explained the situation in LOOC and waited for the sleep to be lifted which sadly never happened and I was killed like 10 seconds after.

It'd be one thing if I was at least sleeped inside the dropship mid combat, but to do it when im already leaving? That's just plain malicious.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Preferably straight up demote from mod, this was a clean case of power abuse ruining a player's round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Xenomorphs rushed the LZ within two minutes of being dropped and barely any barricades were up, here I was, I logged on what I assumed would be 5 minutes to make a quick git-request, however I was rather quickly bombarded with messages that the Xenomorphs were rushing DS1.

Upon examination, the Xenomorphs had infact rushed the LZ, locked down the dropship and were proceeding to quite literally wipe the full marine force, as the full hive was present, and the remaining marines were dead, paincrit or routed and fleeing the DS, it was such an easy task the Queen had time to gib the Specs. This is all at first drop, around 12:20ish.

Xenos were told to vacate the area multiple times, or face being slept, as such nearly all Xenomorphs vacated the area, including the Queen.

You failed to leave the area despite multiple XOOCs, and continued to killing the more or less defenceless marines.

As such, you were slept along with a Ravager and a runner who were still actively killing people. As I continued my investigation in to the situation and the Queen, I heard your LOOC, where you admit you were still in the LZ fighting, I was in the process of unsleeping you (as I was instead going to give you a warning) when the routed marines re-rallied and killed you. The logs will show this.

While all this was occuring, I was communicating with staff in the discord regarding the situation, investigating the Queens actions, speaking with multiple witnesses and trying to minimise the damage, all while being the only moderator online. The situation on the Xenomorphs was so round-ruining, two senior staff members came along to do some damage control, and even the round was unfortunately beyond salvation.

TLDR - You decided to be part of the rush of LZ and the dropship at first drop, you then did not leave the DS or LZ, despite multiple XOOCs informing the Xenos to leave the area or risk being slept. You failed to leave the area, as instructed once again, multiple times and as such, you were slept.
    Xenomorphs, much like marines are expected to be aware of the rules, if a CO or Queen orders you to break the rules, you do not follow through with that behaviour, instead you should ahelp.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 10-01-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a marine, from my perspective, there was PLENTY of time given for me to scout around north, go to botany, break my leg, meet up with the APC, treat myself, and have the APC take me all the way back to the FOB.

There were several layers of barricades on the LZ, there was plenty of time given to the marines to prep for xenomorph attacks to begin. The PO being too stupid to optimise flight paths and actually go up and down doesn't mean the marines aren't prepared. If you want to enforce "first drop is off limits", surely it's fair for me to order only 1 drop, thus making the LZ immune from all attacks?

Marines had plenty of time to prepare, there were several layers of cades, and the FOB was pretty well-manned. Enough said.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These aren't the full logs, but the XOOC messages he sent

2020/10/01: [06:41:18]ADMIN: XOOC: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) : Xenos, why are you rushing DS on first drop?
    2020/10/01: [06:41:36]ADMIN: XOOC: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) : Any xenos at LZ will be slept
    2020/10/01: [06:41:40]ADMIN: XOOC: SolidFury7/(William 'Jester' Crimson) : In 10 seconds

Management+ is investigating if this was a metarush or just a lucky full on charge and in discussions.
    Let's just cut the bullshit out and say an entire side should not be decimated/wiped at 12:22 Operation time, and we want to find out why.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your claim that we were warned multiple times is outright bullshit as only one of the lines was an actual warning. There were 3 short, one-liner XOOCs, all in the middle of combat, that dont produce any noise in a situation where I didnt expect any staff intervention. You could have pm'd me or made a QM announcement that was actually noticeable, or at least revived me so I can continue the round.
    I have no way of knowing if its first drop or not, but it didnt feel like an actual rush, just walking past the main marine force like any FOB flank. They had barricades up on all sides and were beginning to set up a second layer south when we arrived. I also dont think the ENTIRE hive went for the LZ as a large chunk of xenos separated to fight the marines that ran into us along the way. Unsure if it was even half of our numbers.
    Goes to show how little the whole thing was investigated.

All of this is besides the point anyway, I dont care whether the queen rushed or not or what state the marines were. From my POV it wasnt a rush, so I didnt ahelp it.
    My only issue is getting sleeped as I was leaving the area, which was completely unneccessary aside from you wanting to flex the 10 second timer on a player, removing him from the round.

Once again: The report is about the poor choice of using short one liner XOOCs to break players in the middle of combat (theres a loud QM message for this or individual PMs) and subsequent sleeping that put me out of the round. I dont see how whether it was a metarush or not is relevant to this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDarkness View Post
    Your claim that we were warned multiple times is outright bullshit as only one of the lines was an actual warning. There were 3 short, one-liner XOOCs, all in the middle of combat, that dont produce any noise in a situation where I didnt expect any staff intervention. You could have pm'd me or made a QM announcement that was actually noticeable, or at least revived me so I can continue the round.
    I have no way of knowing if its first drop or not, but it didnt feel like an actual rush, just walking past the main marine force like any FOB flank. They had barricades up on all sides and were beginning to set up a second layer south when we arrived. I also dont think the ENTIRE hive went for the LZ as a large chunk of xenos separated to fight the marines that ran into us along the way. Unsure if it was even half of our numbers.
    Goes to show how little the whole thing was investigated.

All of this is besides the point anyway, I dont care whether the queen rushed or not or what state the marines were. From my POV it wasnt a rush, so I didnt ahelp it.
    My only issue is getting sleeped as I was leaving the area, which was completely unneccessary aside from you wanting to flex the 10 second timer on a player, removing him from the round.

Once again: The report is about the poor choice of using short one liner XOOCs to break players in the middle of combat (theres a loud QM message for this or individual PMs) and subsequent sleeping that put me out of the round. I dont see how whether it was a metarush or not is relevant to this.
    To address your points.

1) I mean, you're arguing semantics now, the fact that the Xenos immeditely began leaving the LZ after my first warning asking why they were present is obvious enough that they knew they shouldnt be there. So, three seperate messages, hell we could call it two warnings if we want to be super lenient and say the "10 seconds" lacked context. Regardless, splitting up the message worked, with nearly every single xenomorph on the ship vacating the area after the 1st message. This is because the battle was already won, the enemy defeated, I could see the "combat", as I previously said, this was not intense combat which one may forgive someone for missing messsages, this was more so the lines of "PO and 2/3 marines called down via hijack versus hive" level of combat. The screenshots itself show that, with the Hive on DS1, only two or so marines were in condition to fight. One with an SMG, who was killed before the hive left.

2) Claiming that you didnt know it was first drop. Lets unpackage this.

Its around 12:20ish.

The barricades left gaps, but let us just pretend for a moment that there were not, the FOB just finished setting up a barricade line, consisting of roughly 14 cades, which I believe most didn't have barb wire on yet. Assuming marines only had one engineer and each barricade takes...lets call it 4 seconds. It'd take the Engineer 56 seconds to construct the bare minimum for this to be done. So, the Engineer set up comms, but barely enough time finish the cades structure before the xenos hit the LZ and wiped most the marines.

3) "It didnt feel like a rush. We didn't attack marines head on, we flanked the LZ" - That my friend, is rushing the LZ, and why intervention was needed.

4) "You slept me because you wanted to flex the 10 second tiemr on a player, removing him from the round" - Considering I was only online during my lunch break to do a quick git-fix, and stayed behind for the next 20 or so minutes dealing with the situation, I think it's actually unfair and unbecoming of you, I can understand that you may feel frustrated or "salty" as the kids call it these days, however my actions were an attempt to salvage the round for the rest of the community. I would do the same for the Xenomorphs (and have) in the past.

5) "The report is about the XOOC, not the rest of the things which caused the XOOC" - Context is important, context is king, the fact you're trying to take away or minimise it as "unimportant" really does and unfortuantely, make me believe this is a report fueled by salt better suited for deadchat. If you want a report to be dealt with properly, you need to know all the facts. You don't get to sweep them under the rug because they undermine the result you want.

Could this have been handled better? Sure, without a doubt, hindsight is 20/20 and one realise I could have mass-slept people or maybe form a QM announcement. However, considering the Queen was gibbing people, the DS was about to be hijacked and mass aheals can be problematic at the best of time, I made a judgement call and I stick by my actions and intent.

I'll likely wait for questions, logs or otherwise for further response.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the wait on this one. I've been assigned tonight.

LOGS:
    Round begins at around 6:20 on Kutjevo Refinery.
    Queen decides their plan for the round.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Queen orders an attack on south FOB at 6:38.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alamo takes off at 6:35.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Command announces that the xenos have taken the dropship and flooded the LZ.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Initial ahelp comes in about the LZ rush.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

SolidFury7 intervenes, announcing in XOOC.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Solidfury7 begins to sleep xenos.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Initial LOOC reaction.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

GoldenDarkness55 and Solidfury7 in d-chat.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another slept xeno in d-chat.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The ahelp between Solidfury7 and the Queen.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

GOD returns, in hivemind,
    Spoiler Spoiler:

GOD ahelps.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

GOD ghosts.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

GOD and GoldenDarkness55 in d-chat.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Final exchange in d-chat between Solid and Golden.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The round ends around 7:32 in a Xeno Major.
    EXTRA LOGS:
    Entire transcript of the Alamo flight logs.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-12-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logs are quite clear, the Xenos went in to LZ1, within 5 minutes of first drop, hijacked the shuttle and killed more or less every marine aboard, other than the small force which routed.

Regarding supposive malicious behaviour, I unslept two of the three Xenos slept, after I believed they got the message. However the Prae died despite the unsleep as a few stragglers who were routed returned.

Ultimately, you performed a PLANNED meta-rush of LZ1, which is a breach of the rules and can result in punishment for all parties involved, not just the Queen. We have done similar things to the marines in the past for far less transgressions, such as crossing the river too early, where they were abombed or slept.

Some logs of the investigation are absent, as disccussion was also on the staff discord, which you can see mentioned briefly during the PMs, as the heads will attest to.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few that were onboard died in the initial fight, and then we got pushed back by the returning marines.

Queen's flank plans are not mine, nor did I know of them beforehand. Bold of you to assume xenos read random queen drivel while they afk waiting for evo/marines. If anyone performed a planned metarush it was solely the queen doing it. Hell, queen's orders dont even suggest a rush, she just ordered a murderball which is quite standard.
    I also have no way of knowing whether "5 minutes since landing" have passed, and from the logs it seems like we were around 30 seconds too early. Doesnt seem like too big a deal. It is not our fault either that the pilot took more than 4 minutes to launch.

Marines have always received proper, big, multiple warnings, often coupled with sound before they got slept or abombed. Hell, from what I've seen even once the abombs started, the first few were usually missed, and people that started running werent hurt too badly. Meanwhile I got slept as I was leaving the LZ.
    You wanted xenos to leave the LZ and then slept me as I was attempting to do so, because you wanted to flex ur "10 seconds" timer. In fact I even managed to get so far it took almost a minute for the marine to find and shoot me. This was absolutely unneccessary and a power abuse just because the player didnt react to your wrongly chosen means of communication (silent XOOC) fast enough.

I honestly cannot stress how little I care about this entire queen rushing issue, despite what seems to be you trying to spin this report into punishing me for queen's actions. Im sure multiple staff members can attest I've regularly ahelped what I believed to be rushes (from both sides) both recently and far in the past, so there's no reason I'd suddenly willingly go along with a planned LZ rush. Not to mention it seems to have taken quite some time for the staff team to come to a conclusion on this, so holding me - a single player with limited information - responsible would be exceedingly dumb.

Please drop the queen metarushing angle and focus on the actual subject of the report. "Context is king" only if it actually matters. The report is not about whether you were right or wrong to take action, it is about the kind of action you've taken. Sleeping me would be valid if I actually attempted to stay on the LZ, sleeping me as im leaving it is counterproductive to what you were trying to accomplish and an easily avoidable "punishment" that ruined a player's round.

If you see nothing wrong with resorting to asleep instead of making any actual sound producing announcement or PM'ing the few (3?) players that ignored you before resorting to this, then you should honestly be removed from staff. Hell you could even have ahealed the few marines that died, would have taken you several seconds longer than this sleeping mess, both salvaging the round for affected players and not ruining it for anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to address this, as you yourself have summed up quite well the way you look at this, and why you shouldnt be part of staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post

4) "You slept me because you wanted to flex the 10 second tiemr on a player, removing him from the round" - Considering I was only online during my lunch break to do a quick git-fix, and stayed behind for the next 20 or so minutes dealing with the situation, I think it's actually unfair and unbecoming of you, I can understand that you may feel frustrated or "salty" as the kids call it these days, however my actions were an attempt to salvage the round for the rest of the community. I would do the same for the Xenomorphs (and have) in the past.
    Considering both you and me have lost around 20 minutes due to this, I think it is actually unfair of you to whip out the "respect my time and commitment" card while you've certainly not respected mine. Your 20 minutes is not worth more than my 20 minutes. Especially since you have chosen to take care of this yourself - you could have left it to other staff considering how quickly they've shown up, and iirc there was one more mod online alongside you who could have dealt with this.
    You've lost 20 minutes because of your own choice to deal with this, and I've had my 20 minutes forcibly taken from me by your choice, not by mine.

It is also rather unbecoming of you to turn this into shit flinging by attempting to ridicule me, calling me a kid in a roundabout way.

I thought staff was meant to be players just like us, but I feel like you think of yourself as superior/above me somehow. Reminds me, werent you a CMP main?