User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97

Thread: On the upcoming CO/XO merge and its effect on current shipside RP

  1. #11
    Member Decker100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    I am tired of these kinds of threads so I'll be doing some final statements about the topic, hopefully THIS time you get the point

    keep in mind its my own opinion and the dev team doesnt share the points i'm about to make.

    Regarding the CO/XO merge 'harming' shipside RP baffles me, shipside RP? You mean taking a seat with the CL who demands you to sign a paper every round? cool rp bro.

    Wanna know why RP is dead? Its because of playerbase.
    So you're blaming the playerbase for your own failure to acknowledge the interactions between the Ships crew and believe that justifies a reduction in playable roles which nobody asked for?
    Captain Decker Alsimia
    UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES
    4th Colonial Marine Brigade
    2nd Battalion "Falling Falcons"
    USS Almayer (REGISTRY NOT FOUND)

  2. #12
    Predator Council Member ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    So you're blaming the playerbase for your own failure to acknowledge the interactions between the Ships crew and believe that justifies a reduction in playable roles which nobody asked for?
    If RP isn't happening, devs can't make it happen. I don't know what's hard to understand about this.

    If anything, you should be blaming the lack of roleplay on idiotic and inconsistent standard enforcement. Synths, Predators, and COs are all expected to AT MINIMUM maintain MRP, and ideally maintain HRP. However this is completely impossible, because 95% of the server is enforced at an LRP standard, if not an NRP standard. You simply CANNOT have a HRP role interacting with an LRP role and expect there to be anything of substance in that interaction, because the HRP role can't acknowledge half the shit the LRP role is saying.

    All or nothing, NRP/LRP/MRP/HRP. I don't give a fuck which is chosen. It's all or nothing, you cannot inconsistently enforce roleplay standards just because 1 person has a quirky role and another doesn't.

    Don't even get me started on xenos, they are explicitly NRP and any player who unironically talks like a baby as xeno is only making that more obvious.

    "Mommy talls", "Mommy milk!", "Mommy the bird is coming!"

    Mommy go fuck yourself.

    Edit - In case it's not obvious, that last part is not directed at anybody in particular.
    Last edited by ChainsawMullet; 10-01-2020 at 10:05 PM.


    Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.



    Who the fuck does this guy play????

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Wanna know why RP is dead? Its because of playerbase.
    Most of the players are self entitled to the point of toxicity (yes i'm using the word toxic on a serious way) or robustos who have played this game for so long that they'll probably give you one or two conversations before first drop if they know you.
    my statement doesnt represent the view of rp of the dev team
    This is just decisively false and a systematic problem within the Dev team. You as a developer are supposed to create a world filled with lore, mechanics and features that promotes a player to roleplay.
    Every system, feature, content and mechanic adding to the game should be looked at in two perspective.

    1. Does this improve the game?
    2. What is the social impact on this? (RP)

    For the last few years, the second check for content hasn't been done. In fact CM Dev over the past few years have spent so long shoving arcade mechanics into the game that it has degraded RP so excessively it's caused an ethic change in the playerbase.

    So you're right, the playerbase itself as of today is very anti-RP and just wants to shoot shit.

    But this is the Dev Team's fault as they for the last few years have been promoting the game to be a shooter, arcade and "moba". During this time, existing RP features/mechanics have been removed, neglected and simply nothing added to compensate.

    So your argument that the player base is to blame for the level of RP on the server is honestly fucking stupid.
    I don't know how else to say this, but the Dev/Staff Team have PUSHED to the playerbase to be anti-rp and memey.


    Every RP game in existence (DnD, Tabletops, Cardgames, RP Online Games) has heavy moderation to keep players focused towards proper behavior and actions. This is backed up by the game mechanics that encourage and ACTIVELY PROMOTE Roleplay features and actions. The constant argument from Devs that "Players" must make the RP is so fucking deluded and stupid that it pains me that I spent 4years working on this game only to see morons spew that shit.

    The problem is very clear as to why RP is the way it is in present day and this post from a current Dev is exact evidence. Little concept to how RP works, how to implement and the complete acceptance of "RP" doesn't work so fuck it attitude.

    But hey, don't take my word for it?
    Read Hunks post above to state similar things I'm parroting
    How about a senior Dev who is openly anti-RP? rp.PNG
    Or let's check our Soldiers comments about how theres a lack of cohesion? https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...good-job/page5


    To summarize, the Dev team spent the last 3 years forcing arcade mechanics into a game that was roleplay while failing to nurture any RP mechanics. This caused the player-base to shift towards anti-rp as the game they're playing is largely an action shooter with low-rp now.

    You're right, this is an exhausting conversation and a horse I've beaten dead at this point. I just want you to understand where the blame is to be pointed at and you trying to turn it around and blame the very playerbase that you caused to be anti-RP/Toxic is so fucking deluded.

    This isn't even touching-base with the Staff/Moderation side of things either, but to be honest I find it irrelevant to enforce RP in a game where the Dev team actively works against any measures of RP and just shits on the Staff teams moderation ability. Trust me, I have a huge fucking complaint with the whitelisting and it's arguably awful given the whitelisted players actively stating shit like "lol fuk RP".
    Last edited by Fewher; 10-01-2020 at 10:15 PM.

  4. #14
    Predator Council Member ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Every RP game in existence (DnD, Tabletops, Cardgames, RP Online Games) has heavy moderation to keep players focused towards proper behavior and actions. This is backed up by the game mechanics that encourage and ACTIVELY PROMOTE Roleplay features and actions. The constant argument from Devs that "Players" must make the RP is so fucking deluded and stupid that it pains me that I spent 4years working on this game only to see morons spew that shit.
    All of those games have progressive, handcrafted, constantly evolving stories, except for cardgames (which I don't even know why you brought up, who the fuck roleplays in Uno or fucking Hearthstone?). CM is not a constantly evolving story with shifting perspectives, it's the same loop, the same scenario, the same setting. Every. Single. Round. Whether or not devs "catered" to RP or not, anyone would get sick of the same inane loop after even a year. Saying "DnD has ways to encourage and soft-force RP, that means CM should be able to do it too!" is a completely inept statement comparing two games that are basically galaxies apart, and pretending they're in the same street.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    This isn't even touching-base with the Staff/Moderation side of things either, but to be honest I find it irrelevant to enforce RP in a game where the Dev team actively works against any measures of RP and just shits on the Staff teams moderation ability. Trust me, I have a huge fucking complaint with the whitelisting and it's arguably awful given the whitelisted players actively stating shit like "lol fuk RP".
    As politely as I can say this:

    Your opinion on whitelists doesn't really matter to me, and I'd be surprised if anyone else in council or even overall staff felt differently, you and Apop were notoriously shitty with whitelists. The fact that you see a whitelisted player not enjoying roleplay as a "problem" in the first place is telling of how bad your standards were. CM is truly blessed to have moved on from the Feweh/Apop whitelist regime era onto a more controlled and civilised era of group councils and actual player involvement in their respective whitelists.


    Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.



    Who the fuck does this guy play????

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    The fact that you see a whitelisted player not enjoying roleplay as a "problem" in the first place is telling of how bad your standards were.
    I'm confused, are you saying that Whitelisted players shouldn't roleplay or that Whitelisted players also see current RP as a problem?
    Last edited by Fewher; 10-01-2020 at 10:39 PM.

  6. #16
    Predator Council Member ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I'm confused, are you saying that Whitelisted players shouldn't roleplay or that Whitelisted players also see current RP as a problem?
    I'm saying that whitelisted players can have any opinion they like on roleplay, and them being whitelisted is irrelevant to that opinion.

    Roleplay standards are still enforced amongst the whitelists, the issue comes from those whitelists on being able to interact with roles that have severly lacking standards.


    Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.



    Who the fuck does this guy play????

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    I'm saying that whitelisted players can have any opinion they like on roleplay, and them being whitelisted is irrelevant to that opinion.

    Roleplay standards are still enforced amongst the whitelists, the issue comes from those whitelists on being able to interact with roles that have severly lacking standards.
    I think you're misunderstanding my original comment then, as I was pointing more towards some whitelisted players who have openly stated they don't RP while being whitelisted for an RP position.

  8. #18
    Predator Council Member ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding my original comment then, as I was pointing more towards some whitelisted players who have openly stated they don't RP while being whitelisted for an RP position.
    Then I'm not sure where you're getting that. I've seen plenty of whitelisted players openly state they dislike roleplaying, but none who say "I don't roleplay as my whitelisted role."


    Gigabeast ChainsawMullet seen dodging discord bans that would result in whitelist suspensions.



    Who the fuck does this guy play????

  9. #19
    Moderator & CO Council Member Snooper44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't put any blame on most of the devs. In fact, people such as bignail, frans, vampire, walter have been big supporters of giving us agents and new beautiful sprites which I am grateful for. In the end it falls on the playerbase to make the most of what we have been given. I certainly want to, i've been trying as i've always been a big supporter of roleplay. It is what it is when it comes to squads and the playerbase. You have groups of people that just want to PVP which is fine but when it comes to more important roles such as officers and NCOS, they should be at least trying to make an atmosphere.

    I do understand the point Fewher is trying to make. It has become very apparent whitelist roles have become plagued with specific players who actively promote 'fuck rp'. It is an issue because whitelisted roles specifically state they are meant to be HRP and held to a higher standard. Predators I do not think have as much of a problem because they are if anything an isolated PVP antagonist role with standards and not part of either faction. CO and Synth on the other hand are not. CO and Synth suffer from specific players who want to frontline and ignore roleplay, who want to make use of the mechanical benefits their role is given in order to be a greater benefit on the field. For COs it is their ability to give strong orders and the CO rifle which has IFF and incendiary rounds. For synth it is their anti-stun abilities which makes them excellent at melee and body blocking.


    Captain Greg Lauffer

  10. #20
    Whitelisted Captain Fortelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok but how come we're fusing CO and XO? I still haven't been given a clear answer to that, and if I have, then I forgot it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.

    "The world is quiet here." -- Salvador Kepplinger

    Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •