https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...ning_game_and/

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    to summarize, this is an incredibly entitled take

First off, CM is a game maintained by VOLUNTEER developers who dedicate our time to working on the game, not slaves to some bygone vision of what the game WAS in the past.
    I don't enjoy roleplay on CM as a player or as a developer. I don't think that just because CM was a game heavily focused on RP in the past means it has to be one in the future.
    The CM I have come to know has been from the start a TDM first and a roleplay game second, and I have gotten a ton of fun out of creating new and fun TDM mechanics for the game.
    The idea that the game is somehow "truly" an RP game that has been "corrupted" by Devs introducing "arcade" mechanics is founded on the idea that CM belongs to the people who originally created it, people who without exception have moved on from - or were forced out of - the community. CM does not belong to those people, it belongs to the people currently working on it and maintaining it, not to cynical spectators who want the server to stay trapped in its past.

If you want to blame me and the people who work with me for degrading RP, go ahead - I admit it. I have actively worked to create a game that is fun not because of RP, but on its own merits as a TDM game.
    Fact is, most players, myself included, want a TDM, and I am catering to them, not to boomers. Simple As.
    Death of RP pog

No but seriously if you polled the community of course they prefer combat to rp, because the RP we have now is dogshit, ask them if they'd rather have the tdm mechanics of today or the RP atmosphere/gimmicks from like 2018 and see what the answer is

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMASPACENINJA View Post
    The real question here is why you keep doin this kinda shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...ning_game_and/
    Good ol'Leafman and his schemes.

Time to look from far away, only whispering that altman is bad, then laugh when those dummies get fooled... Again.
    Fool them once, faweh's fault, fool them twice, their fault.
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-10-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    to summarize, this is an incredibly entitled take

First off, CM is a game maintained by VOLUNTEER developers who dedicate our time to working on the game, not slaves to some bygone vision of what the game WAS in the past.
    I don't enjoy roleplay on CM as a player or as a developer. I don't think that just because CM was a game heavily focused on RP in the past means it has to be one in the future.
    The CM I have come to know has been from the start a TDM first and a roleplay game second, and I have gotten a ton of fun out of creating new and fun TDM mechanics for the game.
    The idea that the game is somehow "truly" an RP game that has been "corrupted" by Devs introducing "arcade" mechanics is founded on the idea that CM belongs to the people who originally created it, people who without exception have moved on from - or were forced out of - the community. CM does not belong to those people, it belongs to the people currently working on it and maintaining it, not to cynical spectators who want the server to stay trapped in its past.

If you want to blame me and the people who work with me for degrading RP, go ahead - I admit it. I have actively worked to create a game that is fun not because of RP, but on its own merits as a TDM game.
    Fact is, most players, myself included, want a TDM, and I am catering to them, not to boomers. Simple As.
    wow.
    *slow clap.
    since that major permanest fuckup i allways knew the devs/staff watever you call em were not going in the right direction.
    but now Fourkhan you just blatently admit that you are working against RP and try to make CM a TDM.

Fourkhan, and probably neth too, your vision of CM is BULLSHIT. please leave cm alone and go ruin other games instead?
    if you truly think that tdm prime over rp on a byond game... you guys must be retarded or something...

i cant beleive that shit lol.

APOP and Feweh Vision of CM is what you guys should tend too. they had it right. you guys arent. is that so hard to admit? omg....

i cant beleive that shit, devs blatently saying they work against rp.

well FUCK YOU FOR RUINING MY GAME IM A BOOMER I GUESS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone should start their own CM RP server.

With HRP and good Devs.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread was supposed to be about CO and XO becoming one job (bad idea) now its about RP.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'm going to start my own CM server... With ERP, Blackjack and e-girls.

I'm just going to drop this thread right here: //showthrea...being-enforced

First it was admemes that doesn't enforce the rules, then it was the players who meme, now its devs. Who is else left to blame for bad RP? I wait for the moment in next month that Head Staff will be called out for being the reason why it isn't MRP.

Yes, we do need our own dictator, because it proved so good in the past right? All of those dictators wanted only good for the server, those abombings, those spawned incendiary mags for themselfs, those armor and IFF shenaningas made by dictators were for the well being of server and community.
    Who wants to be a dictator now? Maybe after pretty minor crimes, time for a psychotic murderer, or something like that? This seems like a perfect candidate. Or just pick good ol'trusted dictator, isn't that good ALTernative?