Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: On the upcoming CO/XO merge and its effect on current shipside RP

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slc97 View Post
    So you saw something that other people spent hours of their lives building and making enjoyable for a community of people and decided that you didn't like it, so instead of making something that you could enjoy with your own community, you took what those people made, and fucked it up beyond recognition? But the people complaining you did that are the entitled ones? Fucking brilliant, man.
    did we fucked it up tho?
    how this is being measured?
    what is the stick that measures the thing?

Also like, can we stop attacking devs? If you have any fucking issues with what dev team did - speak to the headdev. Do you even know if that was Fourkhan that fucked up things?

Also devs need to transfer the plans to the next headdev instead of going "Hurr durr muh roleplay". The amount of staffers that just said "fuck this shit I'm out" and left is insane. I know you _personally_ is not the one, but BMC? What information he gave to spooky? Spooky? what he left to Dean in terms of gameplan? What Dean left to me in terms of gameplan?

I guess best way was just leave server as is, right?

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I'm not sure what's more entitled.

Joining a staff team for an RP game, being opposed to RP and then actively/intentionally degrading RP to fit your own desire for a pre-established game.

How you can admit to intentionally degrading the RP element of a game for years and then state the player-base wants an Arcade TDM after years of intentional degradation is mind-numbing.
    This is gas-lighting, you intentionally set out to remove/degrade RP and now you're acting like the player-base is in large (or always was) for TDM.
    The current player-base is for TDM because people like you, have pushed the playerbase towards that edge for years. Don't act like this is something that was always desired, but rather a product of your own doing.

This is despicable, how people like you are on the staff team, let alone the Dev team is the catalyst to poor Leadership within CM as you would've instantly been removed years ago for this post alone.
    Attachment 1537

And your right, the game doesn't belong to anyone, not me nor apop. But it's fucking sad to see a product of creation, passion and hardwork ruined by selfish staff members like you who only develop what "they want" and not what the playerbase wants.

Fucking despicable and inexcusable.
    If you're so keen to remove people just for having an opinion, I am glad you're no longer a head of anything on CM. Sounds like you just want to foster a toxic environment where it's only acceptable to do what YOU want. I don't think you speak on the behalf of playerbase either, if you're so ready to remove anyone that doesn't agree with your vision of CM. Coders are part of the playerbase and are free to express their opinions as well.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m all for RP and the developers can make an awesome medical system for example. But it’s still up to the player to act and talk like a doctor.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Do you even know if that was Fourkhan that fucked up things?
    He did admit to intentionally ignoring an element of a game to push his own desires because he doesnt like it.
    So yes he was a cog in the wheel degrading RP on CM.

I think where losing sight of what the purpose and original argument of all this was.

Numerous staff have stated that its the players who wanted TDM/Arcade and the reason Roleplay on CM has been lowered is due to the playerbase.

We now have a Lead Dev openly admitting to what I and others have stated in this thread numerous times.

That the development team have INTENTIONALLY and potentially ACCIDENTALLY degraded RP on CM.
    Lets not shift the goal post beyond that as where now entering excuse territory and "GO MAKE YOUR OWN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT".

Let's be honest here, I made my own CM, SLC made his own CM so telling us to make our own is really silly as your working off our foundations while tearing down the building.
    Last edited by Fewher; 10-09-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never intentionally lowered RP on CM, and I wouldn't have allowed any changes intentionally lowering RP being made in my time here as developer. I quite like RP and I think it has a place for CM, cause honestly, being a competitive TDM in BYOND is like smashing your groin in with a sledgehammer, and nobody wants that. I think the old CM suffered a lot of unfun mechanics to create rare "fun" stories. Being captured in a nest, escaping, it could create a fun story for 2-5 people, but 9/10 times it was a unfun experience for everyone evolved. Removing it wasn't intended to remove any "RP" from it, it was to create a more fun game. Repeat for a few other things, like maturity, so on.

Removing badly rooted game mechanics has caused some upstirs, like metarushing, fast rounds and so on, which are hard to fix and can be harmful for people wishing to create anything meaninful RP, but its not like we aren't trying to solve them. It's just a hard problem to solve, without adding new unfun mechanics back in.

There is a place for CM for both people wishing to RP and for people wishing to shoot aliens. You shouldn't come here to expect your average HRP, but you can expect to RP out your time as a marine grunt killing aliens. The dev team has always done their best to keep up the atmosphere.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    did we fucked it up tho?
    how this is being measured?
    what is the stick that measures the thing?
    How as any of this improved the game? What major changes exactly have been introduced that greatly improved the gameplay to a degree that it justifies doing away with RP and leaving the game with the depth of a puddle?.

In other words? What exactly did you guys kill and neglect RP for ?

What is there to show for it ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a list of RP changes

*Addictions, now marines can be addicted to things such as violence or nicotine, if you dont fulfill your addiction you get stat drawback if you are a PFC and you havent done your quirky addiction you're going to be as useless as a civilian

*Marines now can use spec weapons but they're inaccurate and at times they wont fire as properly, at times they may misfire.

*Autodoc considered to be too unrealistic for the time, self surgery machines yet no self repairing generators? Troublesome for our aesthetic

*Trigger discipline applies to all marines, no longer you are gonna fire your gun during shoves

*Now your arteries can break, torniquets are introduced, but are single use.

*Bone breaks take longer to be splinted, now you can break your spine, fingers and tendons, each individual part needs surgery.

*You cant splint yourself anymore, you need a squad medic to splint them for you

*Now you can open pill bottles, but the doses are at random and you dont know exactly which are which, non-trained personnel may spill their pills

*When entering surgery you have to be naked its phisically impossible to do surgery with armor on

*Due to complexity of surgery we're introducing Ship physician, its the only one allowed to do surgeries, doctors and researchers cant do surgery, however surgery can be done
    on monkeys by researchers instead for whatever.

*Ship physicians now need to do minigames to mimic the process of realistic surgeries, these can take up to 20 minutes.

*Broken bones that undergo surgery now need time to heal up from the body, no longer you get instantly healed from them

*Geneva convention applies to CM now, those who break the convention may be expelled from the game for 1 day for being considered 'war criminals' (I.E killing surrendering UPP, CLF)

*Pain is now amplified, your bones can break as often, bicardine kelotane are now slower, dylovine will make you puke to realistically showcase how your body takes out the toxins from your body, dexalin+ is unrealistic, as such is removed from the game

*You cant check your webbing anymore unless you take your armor off, as it makes no sense to check your webbing with armor in the way

*Bullets now are lethal for both marines and xenos, 1 or two shots on humans is lethal if aimed to the head.

*Xenomorphs now can crawl the roofs and walls as seen in the movies

*Xenomorph acid now melts away marine equipment, naked marines will see their skin melt away to a carcass

*Queen screeches are no longer a stun instead its a war cry, as its unrealistic that combat hardened marines are afraid of loud noises when surrounded with all kinds of guns that make a lot of noise

*Acid runner explosions now damage xenos aswell

*Lurkers no longer go cloaked as an hability instead they 'blend in' in bushes and fauna, its unrealistic suddendly lurkers go 'invisible'

*Xenomorphs now bleed out like marines do, resting is no longer viable and xenomorphs will have the drawback 'limping' they'll need specialized drones to heal back.

*Xenomorphs now take more damage from specific damage areas, but in certain castes it'll be hard to hit their weak spots

*Xenomorphs may now drag corpses to their hive, its nonsensical they can drag crit marines but not dead ones

*Huggers now have their own AI, they no longer need to be near a marine, they move on their own

*Cave ins are now a thing, CAS can be called to create cave ins, as its logical.

*CAS now does not need lazes to perform firemissions anymore

*Main transport ship now needs maintenance every single time, status like: Very good, good, medium, bad, low, at point of breaking apart.

*Main transport ship status now affect the time it takes to fly from A to B

*Corporate Liason may now 'sue' the Almayer by taking away DEFCON if marines dont keep the colony in a good state

*It takes a windup to grab your guns now, firing one handed may break your arm

*Now marine guns can jam, they're trash anyways

*Marines now start with explosive rounds, just like in the movies

*Predators do not have a honor code anymore, they hunt whoever they please, just like in the movies (except pregnant women)

*Females now get worse stats in combat sided stats like endurance, gun handling, and better stats in support related stats like medical engineering

*Females may not wear heavy armor or a backpack full of rockets, as its quite heavy.

*Humans now have needs like pissing and taking dumps, the need of driking is also added, to piss or take a dump you have to take off your clothes

*being covered in blood now makes you vomit as you stink

*xeno blood does a lot of damage and by a lot i mean A LOT, just like in the movies.

*Mercenaries can be contracted by the CIC now, however mercenaries are unreliable and may turn coat the ship

*Survivors may be hostile to marines, RP as CLF is allowed now

*CLF is now more present in the colony, the background will be that the mishandling of xenos in the colony was made by rogue scientists who sympatized with the CLF and set free the xenos, CLF members may appear at random

*Now fire does a lot more of damage, and fire delay is removed, as its unrealistic.

*Fire burns away the clothes and items you are wearing like backpacks or belt items

*Shades now turn your screen in black and white, to reflect that style choices are not always convenient

*Now you can climb buildings with ladders

*Tank can move in all 8 directions, it can drift aswell.

listen i can go on and on about this
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    listen i can go on and on about this
    Dude a majority of those are gameplay/balance changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    snip
    kinda based ngl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotta keep up the realism though! its for the atmosphere !
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart