User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: On the upcoming CO/XO merge and its effect on current shipside RP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    Has there ever been a definitive answer on why CM can't have multiple servers to accommodate the larger population it now has? If 200+ people is too many to have any semblance of RP and lags the server too much, is there a reason we don't split the server up and put population-locks on each one?

I still believe this to be the best solution to the lag issue and might help with the current RP one as well.
    Couple of issues with multiple servers.

1. People will in-large, always flock to the higher populated server.
    2. CM is refined for a large player-base (100ish min)

Concern I believe in-term of gameplay is the second server not maintaining a minimum of 100players in order to stabilize it effectively. Since the game has moved to a TDM, this would make balancing the game out almost impossible as you'd have two different servers experiencing balance issues primarily due to player count making it near impossible to balance correctly.

Additionally you'd run into a lot of "Server Hopping", where a marine player would leave the server and jump to the next one to continue playing as a Marine. This would once again, affect balance in terms of aliens as they'd lose players who will just fuck off for a "Fresh round".

Basically a lot of balance problems and thats not even getting into the tech issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Additionally you'd run into a lot of "Server Hopping", where a marine player would leave the server and jump to the next one to continue playing as a Marine. This would once again, affect balance in terms of aliens as they'd lose players who will just fuck off for a "Fresh round".
    I don't know much about cost or maintenance of the servers involved or how to address that issue, but could you IP lock a player to one server they join until the round ends so they can't hop between the servers?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Servers? Last I heard cheap asf. If I remember the forum costs the most actually.

Just issue of mod manpower. Any issue of player disbalance can be solved by pushing seeding events(ie going to discord and saying go seed this with maybe people opting in for that message)

Also got to love the millionth thread to collapse into RP is this or that, shit just go RP if you want no one is stopping you. Any issue with blatant LRP is a moderation issue rather then a dev issue, typically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact: I RPed a lot shipside & site side & some people tagged along. Everyone just too braindead to see this, including some baldmemes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    Kneejerk and namecalling is pretty telling

when I joined staff the server was already noRP TDM so I dont see how I have any responsibility to preserve your vision of the server as MRP

believe it or not my perspective actually is - and always has been - based on what players have asked me to change/improve about the game, its not like my perspective came from nowhere but rather evolved based on the people I interacted with while I was forming my opinions about CM. The majority of players during my entire tenure on staff have been asking for more TDM mechanics etc, not less
    I've played CM on and off since we used CR20s and sec armor, so I know what the server was like before da tide made it norp -- and it unequivocally fucking sucked. there was only 1 three month period in my entire tenure that actually had the feeling apop was trying to go for, and then he got mad the winrate wasn't skewed enough, buffed xenos into the stratosphere again, and it became boring again. CM will never capture that 3 months again, so instead it needs to look to the future and improve. Catering to people who looked at CM's shitty past with rose-colored glasses has held CM so far fucking back it's not even funny anymore.

Fourkhan your post is exactly in the right and this should've been the path CM took years ago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then just end this stupid fucking RP debate and get rid of the MRP server rule once and for all.

You're never going to be able to please both sides by sitting on the fence and not having a cohesive direction among the dev team and staff heads in regards to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a dev literally saying they are not trying to preserve MRP or build RP, just TDM, then yes - the rule should be dropped.

Disgusting though. Truly disgusting. The dev team are a disappointment if they all share Four's attitude. This has been enlightening.

Just rename it CMTDM and have a nice day.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every developer works on something different and their own projects that triiodine gives the final approval of. If fourkhan or another dev/coder says “I only do this” that’s their choice. Vampmare has always been the RP feature guy, and Jeser has always been the vehicle feature guy as an example. It’s not just ONE developer making the game it’s multiple.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine making a reddit alt just to repost this to the subreddit and shit on 4khan lmao.

17th time's the charm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM is norp tho,,,,
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell