User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abyss-UT - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abyss-UT - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Abyss-UT
    Character Name?
    Oswald 'Rhino' Langston
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Unknown, although the first to respond when I ahelped it was Grimreaperx15 so I presume them.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent.
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent.
    What other servers do you play on?
    Currently, only CM and sometimes the World Server. Used to play Paradise, took a pause and moved here.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope.
    Reason for Ban
    Disconnected in the Preparation Room at roundstart as Squad Smartgunner. Squad Smartgunner got subsequently jobbanned.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    None.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This appeal is specific to the Squad Smartgunner, (since I do have other jobbanned roles from years ago, back when I was an utter newbie, maybe I still am!), specifically I'd like to clear some things that'd probably look wrong on my part (mind you, I did make a mistake and I acknowledge it). I did not disconnect at roundstart, since I spawned later and I did went planetside. I got to ETA but a Lurker assaulted me along with a Burrower and I got rescued by the rest of Delta (the squad I was assigned to that round). After that, I was sent through medevac to Medbay, to heal up. It didn't took much thanks to the Autodoc, but I had lunch so I decided to rest in the Smartgunner's preparation room. The lunch (which I wanted to be as short as possible, but instead was longer than 10 minutes and so I got disconnected) lead to the inactivity timer to run out, I got disconnected and of course it looked very wrong. I got cryo'd I think, I returned to the game, I think 20 minutes later? Probably more, again my fault, and then I only realized the next round I got jobbanned. It can be verified that I did reconnect to the round and returned, (of course, ghosted since I cryo'd). My fault in this was probably that I chose the worst possible place to rest and that it was an important role as an SG, and I should've known that it would've took longer than 10 minutes and eventually I would've disconnected. If I were to be appealed, I'd definitely learn this (but even if I weren't, still wouldn't repeat the mistake), and next time I'll first choose an easy to access spot just in case even if I know it will last than less 10 minutes whatever affair I have so I can be cryo'd. And if I can't, I'll surely ahelp. I hope it's gotten through that I learned that I'll get off the habit. I'm unsure if this is too soon or I should wait, but I got myself some hours to think about it and find what course of action I should've taken for the better.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll +1 this as I was the person who job-banned you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah +1, if you're gonna go AFK for more than 5 minutes you should really cyro or ahelp us at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Yeah +1, if you're gonna go AFK for more than 5 minutes you should really cyro or ahelp us at least.
    Yeah, to easily fix it I'm already set on that a little ahelp to notify your absence can already fix everything without leaving up to fate that the time you'll spend inactive nothing bad will happen because of your absence or the inactivity timer runs out. I guess I'm just very careful with ahelps out of a natural spite, but I'll force myself to get used to it. No problem, really.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well done appeal. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the person who banned you is willing to give you another shot, I'm going to say yeah to unbanning you. However make sure you contact staff if you have to afk or just cryo to avoid problems like these arising.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to understand you should be ahelping if you can't make it to cryo at least, so I suppose the job ban could be lifted here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know you, and that you were actually not a bad player. You mmust have learned from your mistake from the looks of it, so +1.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll +1, it seems like you've learned from your mistake