User Tag List

Thread: So you wanna blow shit up with JTAC, and it's not Marines?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you wanna blow shit up with JTAC, and it's not Marines?

So your JTAC just isn't good enough? You keep hitting those marines on accident? Unable to get shit together? I've got you.
    Loadout
    Who the fuck cares? Grab yourself some binos, thats all you'll need.
    JTAC Key, of course.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOIN??
    Right, so you're JTAC. You utilize JTAC comms (:j), to call in Mortar, OB, and CAS strikes upon enemy positions to blow them to high hell. But if you're looking at this, you've obviously not been doing it right!

Firstly, your best friends as a JTAC user are CAS PO's that maintain good communication, and load Fatties / Widowmakers for Direct-Bombardment. Fatties and Widow's are great for a big FUCK YOU! to whatever you're bombarding. But, let's go on.

So, I'm sittin on the frontline and got my laze.. how do good?
    Your laser's are your best friend, whether you're calling a broken arrow as the last man. Or clearing a pushing force.
    OBs: Best to use if you can flank behind the force, or use your binos and click on the farthest tiles. 1-2 off the outside of your window. It'll be very danger close, but you'll thwack shit.

Mortar: Good for general AOD, Sweeping up, or Sustained bombardment of a backline enforcement.
    Lasing behind xenos and dropping your lase after calling coords to the mortar. You now have a basic free reign of a xenos backline. You can freely offset north, west, east, south, NW, NE, SE, SW anywhere. And hit whatever the fuck you want. You can easily pop those pesky fucking boilers, or anything hiding in the back. And even just piss them off.
    Never leave your lase up, always drop it, and then re-zoom in to watch the fireworks. Mortar's are special. If req is keeping them supplied with shells, you can gratefully dump ordnance on the lase and offset when needbe. Use it right, you're going to prevent any xenos from running into cover, or escaping a marine's wrath.

Feeling like a GIGACHAD with it? Lase it at a tunnel entrance and inform mortar to keep HE/INCIN dropping on it until told to stop. Then you can lase CAS afront the tunnel (or fatty it) and watch as you stun the fuck out of any bugs trying to run, and chain them into death with others.

CAS
    My.. favorite..

A standard loadout is great, Mini, GAU and Rocketpods.
    If you wanna go memey, pull a Khellen. Run some laser's with rocketpods and fill up with Fatties/Widows.

Now, you're probably asking: WHY JAIO OMG LASERS R SO BAD SCREEE

You're wrong. Laser's are great for a weak AOD, and if directly landing on a xeno does decent damage. Its great for swiftly weakening T1's and T2's for further wipes and to prevent marine FF.

Now.. if you're a fucking GIGACHAD robusto JTAC god sreeee
    You don't give a fuck about FF, it's not your business they shouldn't have pushed!@!
    Your fatties and Widowmakers will turn the tide when you use them right. Xenos LOVE to sit under pylons. And these are your FUCK YOU to them.

Lasing on the direct outside of a pylon's range with either will salt a xeno so fuckin' bad, and that is what we're here for. The large AOE and Splashs of both is amazing and will expose the pylons for marine pushes. Great to counter with a full push, or calling mortar on your prior laze, and then pushing.
    Xeno's will swear its a bug omg! But, you're just playin' by the rules. You're squeezing rounds inbetween their defenses and slaughtering their asses. Act fast before that fucking third pylon goes up and cheeses you!

Always stay aware of your surroundings, and build a name for yourself. SO's and XO's love to say "CONFIRM COORDINATES" for an ob. if you build a decent name with JTAC they shouldn't, so more bugs dead!!

But now back to OB's.

OBs

Best used when you're a scout or within a retreat. If you hold a position long enough for the OB to reload and be ready to fire, lase and then start a full retreat. In this case, we'll be using CORSAT.

CORSAT Dorms by Theta, leading to FOB. You and two others are holding the 2x2 hallway. You lase further south dorms, and NO xeno sees it. You then retreat to the outside defenses of FOB and xenos push. You call your OB.

Xeno's overthink and think OB's are relatively close, so they'll run awhile. Hence why you lased before you retreated. Next thing you know, the hive's back and missing like eight things. God you're so robust. Follow up on it. Danger Close OB's that are in a chokepoint of xenos, are fucking godtier.

But yeah. Now you know some secrets. And it's time for you to make xeno's target you every game when they see you with binoculars or standing still!
    Last edited by JaioAcex; 10-03-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.
    Athein Bo'ytill Based Unrobust Pred

Mentor: 4-28-2020 - 9-9-2020
    TMOD: 9-9-2020 - 10-3-2020
    Retired: 10-3-2020 - Present

Shout out to Manezhinho, mans a chad.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide. I don't think there is a guide as practical as this one about JTAC on the forum, nice job.

Do you know the exact pylon radius?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibiex View Post
    Great guide. I don't think there is a guide as practical as this one about JTAC on the forum, nice job.

Do you know the exact pylon radius?
    I don't, I've reason to suspect it something like a 6x6, all I know is it's hella annoying. Just keep lasing further out, or up until you get it.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.

Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any thoughts on how to adjust fire with different weapon systems or maybe how to tell the PO where to ingress and egress (or start and end firemissions?) Or is this all just point and click with the red dot and hope for the best?

While I know how to OB and Mortar and adjust fire, I've mostly stayed away from CAS due to too many people calling on CAS and flooding JTAC, and seeing occasional bad POs that miscalculated so much that they end up losing the round for Marines. (Which to be fair has the same chance with bad OBs or Mortar.)
    Last edited by shogun-liquid; 10-10-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As most FM's have a set time and end, (length) and offsets. If you want them to go at a specific time, tell them to fire about I'd say 2-3 seconds beforehand. The FM's take a bit to fire, cams as a JTAC Po are great, especially for directs since theyre not instant, but are mostly silent.

Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not use laser for CAS. lasers are just bad for pilots. xenos run away from them and you are just gona get pushed and pilot looses the target. Just use tactical flares, they are way better and they stay for 1,5 minit (jeh try keeping laser on that long). Flares also give more targets, angels and lines to do theit firemission from. Competent pilot can do extreamly good job with tac flares, at least leave few of them behind when you are retreating so the CAS god can punish pushing xenos. (also if you do not want your flares to be melted just throw one on top of another).
    Also setting up firemissions takes way too long to do custom firemissions so jsut make some right going FM for NE BR FOB caves and then some tighter and wider firemission.
    My gear.
    Tree minipods loaded with incen minies ( all of them)
    rocket pod with widowmaker
    (no cooler or fuel I use them to bribe the transport PO)
    fire widow on 1x0 and then minies on lenghts 2, 7 and 12 and gimballs 5 0 -5
    covers 15x15 area with fire killing ANY xeno in the area ( queen has some chance of surviving it)
    Just do not let any other PO to touch the printing machine and get 6 incen minies ( you get the last pack 30 minits in)
    with this you get ammo for 4 firemissions some pilots think it is not enough runs. But in only 1 out of 20 operations pilot does more then 4 CAS runs anyway and this at least makes it worth the target)
    the you need 2100 points to do 2 more firemissions so DEFCON printer points give you two more runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also one tip for pilots KEEP TALKING like all the time. not just bullshit like CAS is ready ( but eaven it is more then being mute)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    Do not use laser for CAS. lasers are just bad for pilots. xenos run away from them and you are just gona get pushed and pilot looses the target. Just use tactical flares, they are way better and they stay for 1,5 minit (jeh try keeping laser on that long). Flares also give more targets, angels and lines to do theit firemission from. Competent pilot can do extreamly good job with tac flares, at least leave few of them behind when you are retreating so the CAS god can punish pushing xenos. (also if you do not want your flares to be melted just throw one on top of another).
    Also setting up firemissions takes way too long to do custom firemissions so jsut make some right going FM for NE BR FOB caves and then some tighter and wider firemission.
    My gear.
    Tree minipods loaded with incen minies ( all of them)
    rocket pod with widowmaker
    (no cooler or fuel I use them to bribe the transport PO)
    fire widow on 1x0 and then minies on lenghts 2, 7 and 12 and gimballs 5 0 -5
    covers 15x15 area with fire killing ANY xeno in the area ( queen has some chance of surviving it)
    Just do not let any other PO to touch the printing machine and get 6 incen minies ( you get the last pack 30 minits in)
    with this you get ammo for 4 firemissions some pilots think it is not enough runs. But in only 1 out of 20 operations pilot does more then 4 CAS runs anyway and this at least makes it worth the target)
    the you need 2100 points to do 2 more firemissions so DEFCON printer points give you two more runs.

Flares are good, I agree. I'm not one to make FM's either.

But your lase is your best friend, always will be. Your flare's good for retreats and the like for punishment. But your lase is your friend, follow above steps and I can gurantee you great results.

Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged