VossAldrich - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    VossAldrich

Marine Name
    Voss 'V' Aldrich

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Zazin

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I was banned once I believe for ERG (end round grief) it was my first game and thought it was okay. After being banned I checked the rules and have not had an incident since.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    I am very familiar with it.

Yautja Character Story
    The hunting party had finished its hunt. Zazin would rip the finger of the serpent he had killed off with one swift jerk of his arm. He had already removed his bio-mask and would place the dripping acidic blood directly onto his forehead next to two others. Next came his bio-mask which was decorated teeth from the other two serpents he had hunted. Once marking his mask he would run his fingers over the front slowly his long nail scratching the metal of the mask before he'd turn it over. There was nothing more important than the hunt to him nothing more exhilarating than the thought of stalking his quarry and then confronting it with only his blades. He did not use the advanced weaponry of most his brethren. He preferred to be close to his prey he wanted to feel the pain and the bloodshed fill within him as he fought a worthy foe. This is why even though he was only a blooded his scars were deep and many in number.

He had already taken the trophy of his quarry it was not a drone as his last two this was a warrior and fought like one too. He had already proudly taken his trophy and had set it aside for the time being. He would attach the bio mask to his face attaching the airlines into the filtration system. Grabbing his trophy he would begin walking back to the ship which waited for the young Yautja to return. The hunt was a success for sure but it still left an itch to scratch one that will never be properly sated. He had heard of a new type of prey his hunt-brothers had begun to stalk. Human warriors which wielded weapons of death and are trained to be coordinated and tactical something that will provide an entire plethora of sport and challenge.

To Zazin there was a methodology to his hunts each one unique and different. He enjoyed the stalking and planning nearly as much as the combat itself. While his brothers enjoyed the use of their plethora of weapons Zazin preferred his wrist blades and combi-stick weapons of a true warrior and artifacts of a forgotten path it seemed. While the final step of his hunts was much more dangerous than his hunt brothers and Zazin typically only chooses one foe of worth the difference was the combat. Zazin selects prey that will offer him a great challenge to defeat. What Zazin lacks in trophies he makes up for in pride wearing minimal armor to best brandish his scars and his wounds. Every kill will be marked for each prey chosen to battle him, in the end, will be worthy to be remembered upon his skin for his lifetime.

Stepping up into the ship he would bow his head in respect to the elders waiting for his remaining hunt-brothers to materialize beside him at once they all kneeled revealing the trophies of their hunts. At once the elders noticed the vast number difference "Why one Zazin, not more?" The Elder asked harshly the clicking tone giving off a tone of arrogance and belittlement. "There was only one worthy of my skill" Zazin clicked in response to which the elder would finally give the blooded a once over noticing the thick gashes all over the Yautjas body. "So it would seem you chose a worthy battle" The elder clicked after a long pause. After the blooded were dismissed the other two hunt-brothers began to boast almost immediately. Displaying their numerous trophies to the others on the ship recalling the hunt while Zazin remained alone. If it weren't for the constant scars and gashes Zazin was sure he would be insulted as a coward but he ensured that all who saw him would witness the battle wounds he had received as he'd run his hand slowly over the skull of the worthy serpent his fingers almost caressing the white bone. It is true Zazin may not have many trophies like his hunt-brothers but he did not use the weapons of a coward either. He used blade, fist, and claw to fight not the ranged weapons of the others.

Zazin is disgusted at how his hunt-brothers disrespect their prey flaunting the trophies tossing them here and there. That is how Zazin knows that they had not chosen worthy prey for a hunter that spends his time observing, tracking, and watching takes pride in his trophies no matter how few in number they may be. He'd set the skull down slowly and began to admire it recalling the encounter in great detail. The Warrior was a prey worthy of a hundred hunts with its ferocity and its skill. Zazin had chosen his quarry well indeed as indicated by soft dripping chest wound that the warrior's claws had inflicted. Keep your many trophies Zazin thought quietly to himself as he'd grab his skull heading towards his quarters. "I shall keep my scars" He'd click quietly closing the door behind him as he would now begin to plan his next hunt the human warriors.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Zazin will act like you in will see in the story. He will be slow, methodical and stealthy. He enjoys the hunt and this is something I think is lost when I watch certain predators play. They seemed to uncloak and play with their quarry willy nilly. Zazin in-stead will observe from afar, picking and choosing his target wisely one that exhibits no fear and has much combat prowess. While Zazin normally only selects one particular TROPHY hunt as we see in the story he will also hunt normal prey as his other hunt-brothers do. Yet he still will not use a plasma caster or any other advanced weaponry relying on his gauntlets, stealth, and combi-stick. I have been roleplaying predators for years and I want Zazin to be the respectful honor bound predator that enjoys hunts with his fellow brethren and encourages them to find honor duels with worthy opponents. While Zazin will be slow and methodical he will have a trigger as he will often have much fewer trophies than his other brethren this often causing him to be more silent and distant from his brothers.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is different from a hunt in that it is a singular target rather than a large group of targets during a hunt. He is not the typical prey as he will often set himself ahead of the herd showing examples of battle skill, leadership, and prowess on the field. During an honor duel a predator will offer singular combat with the playing field equal and level with the predator often giving a weapon to the prey so that both may engage on a field of equal battle. Hunts test your ability to track, observe, and attack. While honor duels are tests of your skill, your prowess, the test of what makes a Yautja a true warrior.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I touched on this in one of the previous sections but I shall elaborate here. I plan to provide a very unique perspective on the hunt with Zazin being the honor-bound reserved type. This is a character I am used to roleplaying and one that I can bring across very well. I look forward to Zazin being on the hunt with his fellow brothers and commenting on the skill and prowess of their quarry while he helps his brothers single out worthy prey for duels of honor. I have been observing the predators whenever I die so I can get a sense of how people typically play their predators and I think I can add another level to that.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I want a predator whitelist because I love the Yautja. From their lore to their stories I have the comics, merch, and even my own cosplay of a Yautja. I have been roleplaying for many, many years now in form based roleplay and discovering this is like scratching an itch I did not know I had. I understand due to my careless ban which was my fault for not reading the rules before I started play ( I apologize for) and I am relatively new to the community and if I am rejected on both grounds I completely understand. I want the Predator whitelist because I know I can provide another level of roleplay and I think I can really fit in well. Once again I understand if I am rejected and I will be making another application if it is focused on the counterpoints provided. I apologize if the sections are long and a bore to read, I get carried away.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The applicant's chosen name is Zazin-Nai'juri, but he apparently botched it and forgot to include it.

Just for anyone who reviews this app later.

I'll edit in my verdict later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one big issue with this app and it's that you're completely unknown.

I've spoken to a few people regarding you who play on all timezones and none of them recognize you whatsoever. I told you to hold the app off until people actually know you as well.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled some stuff since he's one of these unknown players.

Log wise: he's been playing SL and other marine roles and he RPs just fine

Activity wise: 46 hours in Jan, and it appears he just started playing this month.

Note wise: One EORG note

Summary: Appears to be Newer player, not unknown player with about two weeks of play time.

Recommendation: Play more, become more known.

Neutral for now
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-31-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a few reconsiderations I'm going to stay neutral for now. I'll see what others think, but I'm still wary of allowing someone who's only played for 40 hours in.
    Last edited by MattAtlas; 01-31-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The application overall ain't bad but the thing that worries me is your playtime or more specifically the fact that you're a newer player. Not that being a newer player immediately means you're a bad player as you've only gotten one note but right now we have no way to properly judge how you'll act apart from a few rounds of playtime. I think you need to get more playtime under your belt simply put, you've tried to get one of the hardest whitelists to get in your month of playing the server.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely understand where all of you are coming from. The reason why I posted so soon is due to my impatience and my excitement. I will make another predator application when I get more hours under my belt and I apologize if this wasted everyones time. If there is anything else wrong with the application as in the story, or otherwise please inform me so the next application I make will be better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have a fine app my man, just give the community time to get to know you. There's a whitelist help channel if you want to make any revisions in between that time, I'm sure someone would be happy to help.

Edit: Vote changed, see page 3. +1
    Last edited by bobatnight; 02-05-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    I think you have a fine app my man, just give the community time to get to know you. There's a whitelist help channel if you want to make any revisions in between that time, I'm sure someone would be happy to help.
    Thank you for your kindness and I think I'll nail it next time I get some more hours under my belt. I'm going to play some more SL, found it fun so I'll do it a lot more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit: Changed my vote. See post on 2nd page.
    Last edited by TheMusician321; 02-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    my first non combat medal