User Tag List

Thread: BuxRagin - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BuxRagin - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    BuxRagin
    Character Name?
    N/a
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    solarmare
    Total Ban Duration
    seven days
    Remaining Duration
    seven days
    What other servers do you play on?
    I played on Yogstation for a long time, LLJK for a while too.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I was banned on this server previously - a jobban. I went afk as SO without ahelping or cryo. Appealed it and got it lifted.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned by host: Reason: Potential ban evasion and potential multikeying with ckey 0108072234a, appeal on forums to be handled. Expires: 7 days by: solarmare
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/a
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I don't really have much of an appeal, per se. I don't play on any other logins, which I guess are called keys, additionally I continued to play through the server on this account when I was jobbanned before, which may be evidence in my favor.

This is a shared PC, so it's entirely possible that someone played on this computer and was banned. I'm not quite sure how to prove that though, there doesn't seem to be any other account saved in the Byond launcher on this windows account but that doesn't really mean anything.

I'll also be honest and say I've had some contentious run ins with staff, that's for sure so I get why it might seem I would do this, but I wouldn't skirt a ban. I think I showed that with my jobban. I was really upset by that but I still just played on my key.

I hope this doesn't come off wrong - but I don't see how I was supposed to prevent some dick from using this computer and getting banned.

I can definitely stop using this computer or something if that is enough. I mean if I never log in from this computer again would show that I'm telling the truth?

I also just realized I messed up on the form - solarmare said the ban was 7 days for now and would later become permanent so I got confused inputting the information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to make use of a number of computers as well? We require other accounts to be disclosed on the multikey rule as unexplained ones can seem very questionable, or other connections as well.
    Notes for whatever use they are here:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Solarmare; 01-29-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the other day you were going off on Sleepy Retard claiming you were banned on the forums when we were trying to tell you how to file a player report. So part of me wonders if someone on that computer used an IP that was banned if you are claiming its not you.

When you say shared computer are you playing on a VPN/Public Gaming Cafe/School Library etc... If you could shed some light on this, it would make it easier to determine this case.

I see it�s not a sticky ban, and for the record I don't care about your past arguments with staff as it's irrelevant in this case in my opinion since this is an issue if you are multi keying or not multi keying.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-29-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm im not too keen to hear that you're argumentative with staff. But For now unless/until someone comes up with something that shows otherwise ill take your word that you werent ban evading, successfully appealing a jban helped with that. Ill remain Neutral for now and give a more defined answer later as the appeal goes on based on what is said.

------------------

^^^ That was before i was informed just now that you're still tryna get in around our systems. Changing my vote to -1.
    Last edited by 420M.Y.K; 01-29-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely argumentative player whom went out of their way during a round to ahelp names of players constantly. What makes you think we can believe you when you constantly have had arguments with staff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very argumentative, not a trait I like to see when it comes to appeals however I will stay my vote and remain neutral until you've replied at least.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - 1 on this due to evidence of ban skirting and multi-keying

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I did some digging for the past 30 minutes.

The CKEY 0108072234a plays from the one IP, but I've found other IPs he's played on the server attached to BuxRagin which appear to be home ISP.

And I see where you told Solarmare its a computer in the office everyone uses or so you claim.

Here's the deal, your attitude with staff/other players have given you a horrible reputation. Honestly when you went off on Sleepy Retard claiming you were banned from the forums, I looked into it. I saw no warnings, no nothing on both the new and old forums. I also saw the part where you went and rage quitted and said "FUCK THIS SERVER" I was ready just to file a permanent ban right then and there for your actions.

However, I decided "Ok he's mad at everything, let him go cool off" and let it go.

The issue at hand is did you or did you not multikey. I've gone through about 2 months of logs on both CKEYs and I'm actually going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Even though you always claim there's some mass conspiracy out against you.
    However 420MYK claims you may be trying to get around our systems, I suggest if that's the case you knock it off until a manager makes a decision here.

If you do get unbanned, I suggest you change the way you go about yourself and stop being so argumentative over everything, and thinking everything is a grand conspiracy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked at the evidence and I am willing to believe this was a mistake due to the shared PC, so I'm going to lift this. That said, you need to change your attitude ASAP or the bans will start coming in hard and those aren't going to be lifted easily.

Resolved.