0 Thread(s)

MayorofKenya - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Mayorofkenya

Marine Name
    Maxina 'Quill' Song

Other Whitelist Applications
    I submitted a Synth Application in 2017, but my account was deactivated around 2018 due to inactivity, but started playing again that same year- that or new forums switch.

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Lea

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Lea is an interesting take/quirk on Religion and how it can apply to Synths. Now, just to clarify before this app gets thrown to the wolves, Lea is NOT PROGRAMMED to have beliefs or morals about religion in any way- Her placement in Church (which will be explained in the story) has caused her to pick up some 'traits' or 'quirks' to make her seem more human, due to her position as a former church clerk.

She recites prayers and bows with a deadpan expression; although never really believing in a god, she does this to fit in with her churchgoers more, to make her seem more 'human', as W-Y comes to expect. She is known to be seen in Nun robes and carries a bible/Rosary often. In a way, Synths reflect 'purity-' they cannot reproduce, and follow orders/command to the T, ;her placement in a Cathedral is an experiment by W-Y to reflect whether or not Synths may also blend in with Religion.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Synths have always interested me because of their behavior and how they potentially may blend in with Humans.

In game terms, I am very willing to always RP and I enjoy it immensely. I've also been known to play nothing but Support roles. I have a bias towards Synths anyways, since the topic of Synths and reality aren't too farfetched these days- Robots are being made to do everything , and I thought, why not try to be a synth, to be in their shoes? The thought of it is pretty sweet.

I personally feel that what most players dont get about the strict guidelines is that it's a reflection of Synthetic programming itsself, and being able to hold myself to those standards to replicate a synth would make RP that much more enjoyable. I feel that Synths haven't been able to roleplay much due to the direction the game is going, but I do hope to help change it in the future. One step at a time.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://pastebin.com/syniCiNP

A visibly polished Cathedral shines bright in the middle of a lush, green, park. It's tinted multi-colored windows reflect a vibrant shade of rainbow on the lake, making the scene look something out of heaven- it is peaceful, and many citizens and wildlife are strolling through the park. Inside the Cathedral, the sight is spectacular- rows of evenly polished and well-crafted pews, a decorated marble altar, and of course, the center piece: A giant golden Cross. Two dim spotlights Illuminate the Cross. In front of the Cross and Altar, stands a lone female figure adorned in Nun robes, her golden hair slightly flowing at the back of her head. In her hands, she bears a golden rosary and a Bible. Her face bears an expressionless disposition while looking at the cross. With her bright blue eyes, she continues to give the cross a deadpan, wooden, almost enigmatic look. She does not blink, and she does not move, her eyes fixated on the cross.

In a private meeting room behind the cross, two gentlemen are seen sitting across each other at a table, both hands clasped, conversing.

The first man is seen wearing a tan suit, with an unlit cigar in his hand. His moustache perfectly trimmed and his bald head shining against the room light. He straightens his collar, and a brooch with the initals, 'W-Y' can be seen in all gold. He smiles crudely at the figure across from him.

"You mind if I smoke, Father?"

"I'd rather you not-" The other man dressed in priest robes replied. He is wearing glasses, his hair grey, clean shaven, and clearly of old age.

The man in W-Y lights his cigar with his zippo lighter and takes a puff. The Priest sighs and shakes his head.

"What do you want, Liaison?"

"You know why I am here." The Liaison points outside towards the woman looking at the cross.

"She has been performing her task admirably. She has kept the church in check with all it's balances and statements. She is an asset to this Church. She has done no wrong."

"Yeah, yeah I know, Father," the Liaison replies while waving his hand. "When we first stationed her here, she was... quirkless. Now she seems to have taken a liking to those robes and rosaries. Any reason why?"

"We dressed her in those robes to make her... fit in. At first, it was hard to comprehend having a Synthetic be at church since we know they aren't programmed to be able to 'believe' in a God. To many, it may seem odd to have an emotionless being attend and assist in mass so we... tried to make her as human as possible. We told her to recite and memorize prayers and hand symbols. Even to this day she still does not understand religion- I know she cannot, but I believe it helps her put her fellow churchmembers be at ease. She still performs her tasks and orders taken very well."

The W-Y Liaison shifts the cigar in his mouth and narrows his eyes. "Hm, I see. That's a unique take, I'll give it that. I'll cut to the point; Her time here is coming to a close. I am here because W-Y wants to try something new with this Synthetic. This 'experiment' here at this church is going quite well. I am being ordered to place Lea aboard a military vessel to assist with it's operations." The Liaison drops a folder in front of the Priest. "You will be given a new Synthetic once Lea departs."

The Priest opens the folder. "..USS Almayer. ....Church inside the Ship. Assist in Command and support roles- You are going to make her a military combatant? You shouldn't do that! Lea is a peaceful Catholic- she would never-"

The Liaison raises his hand. "I'm sorry Father, you seem to misunderstand. Lea is a Synthetic. No matter how hard you try to instill beliefs, she is still programmed to obey at the end of the day. It seems you've grown an attachment to Lea; I can understand that. She performs admirably well based on the reports you've given me. But it is time to place her in a new scenario with all the 'traits' she has acquired here. This was a part of the deal, Father."

The Father sighs and nods. "Yes... I knew this day would come eventually."

The Father and the entire Cathedral crew are outside with Lea and the Liaison standing across from them. The Father walks up to Lea. "Thank you for everything you have done. You have been a wonderful asset to the church. You've helped people a lot more than you know."

"Thank you Father." Lea replies, while having a deadpan expression on her face. "If all goes well, perhaps I may be stationed here again, once my work is finished aboard the Almayer." The Father then hands Lea a golden gilded Bible, and bows. The churchstaff also bows, and in response, Lea also bows.

The Liaison, now a distance away, whistles. "C'mon Lea. Lets go." Lea nods, takes one last look at the Cathedral, solemnly nods her head, and walks towards the liaison.

-ONE WEEK LATER, ABOARD THE ALMAYER-

"Sir-" A man in a finely dressed and wrinkle-free officer uniform salutes, towards the Captain of the Ship, who is dressed in a spotless and astonishing white suit with a Captains Cap; his golden Mateba hanging from his waist.

"The new Synthetic is here."

"Well? Bring 'em in."

Footsteps can be heard behind the Captain, and the Captain turns around. The Staff Officer slowly lowers his hand in amazement.

A single flash of bright gold can be seen in her hand; rosary and gilded book, dressed in regular synthetic uniform, her golden hair tied back and her bright blue eyes contrasting the gold perfectly; She bows. "I am Lea. Synthetic, at your service."

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very Familiar. I have access to CE, and have dabbled with it.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very familiar. I have not touched XO much, however I have played every other command role such as CMO, CMP, RO, SO- My play time MAY NOT reflect it, but I have been playing since 2017. For some reason my playtime doesn't have my old stats.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very familar. I have access to CMO- I have also mained Researcher back in 2017 when it was nothing but an RP role (mostly) and it din't have vials or defcon.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very. I have access to RO and I have dabbled in it.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Me personally, I feel that one scenario that the Synth can defend itsself in is when the Alamo/Normandy is in flight and it has been hijacked by a Xeno or two. In that case, if the Synth is cornered, it would be allowed to defend itself with a melee weapon to perserve itsself and life. "Synthetics will always follow a motto of �Seeking peace, but prepared for war�. A synthetic unit should attempt to avoid conflict, but if forced to defend one's self, they will fight back. This aggressive behavior, however, is suppressed in large-scale engagements."

On the ground, it is an entirely different case- It shouldn't attack anything at all, or be a "combat synth." Otherwise, it will risk decommissioning. The synths stats is a huge responsibility.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Yes

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I have played CM since 2017, though my forum date doesn't necessarily reflect this- it seems my old forum account was deactivated.

I've also somewhat based my story (Not entirely) from this article, and reading many other articles about Artifical Intellegence.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...m-christianity

Thank you so much! Please stay safe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Yes

This is actually incorrect- I was sure I hit no- I am currently not banned from the Discord, I apologize for this error.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, let's adress the elephant in the room first. You were perma-banned in 2017 for ERP, and had it only lifted after 4 appeals and almost a year.
    Seeing how long ago this was I would be willing to ignore it as you seemingly haven't got into trouble since then.
    But one of the first things that popped out to me when reading this was the specific sentence "In a way, Synths reflect 'purity-' they cannot reproduce"
    Having "reproduction" mentioned in your app, no matter the context, does not exactly make me ecstatic.

Your story does not show the quirk effectively at all. Your synth says two lines of dialogue and the story is half a description of a church.
    Also we already have a synth with a religious quirk. It's fine to have the same or a similar quirk to another synth in my opinion, but the said player has set a standard which you have failed to match.

Onto the competency parts. This section is, to say it bluntly, awful and doesn't show you have any competency in support roles at all. Simply having the head of department unlocked (which everyone has unlocked by the way since timelocks at the moment aren't enabled) and having "dabbled" in the role does not make you at synth level. You need EXTENSIVE experience in all of said departments. The really important roles are Squad engineer, CMO, Squad medic, RO, and SO.

Combat section shows you haven't read programming. "On the ground, it is an entirely different case- It shouldn't attack anything at all" - this statement is straight-up wrong. You are expected to defend yourself as a synth on the groundside to meet self-preservation clause, and you are also meant to defend marines when nothing else can. A synth sitting idly by while a marine is mauled by a runner is not meeting requirements.

Due to the short and inadequate answers and story I will have to -1 this. This goes in conjunction with the fact I can't recall seeing your name in-game ever.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    OK, let's adress the elephant in the room first. You were perma-banned in 2017 for ERP, and had it only lifted after 4 appeals and almost a year.
    Seeing how long ago this was I would be willing to ignore it as you seemingly haven't got into trouble since then.
    But one of the first things that popped out to me when reading this was the specific sentence "In a way, Synths reflect 'purity-' they cannot reproduce"
    Having "reproduction" mentioned in your app, no matter the context, does not exactly make me ecstatic.

Your story does not show the quirk effectively at all. Your synth says two lines of dialogue and the story is half a description of a church.
    Also we already have a synth with a religious quirk. It's fine to have the same or a similar quirk to another synth in my opinion, but the said player has set a standard which you have failed to match.

Onto the competency parts. This section is, to say it bluntly, awful and doesn't show you have any competency in support roles at all. Simply having the head of department unlocked (which everyone has unlocked by the way since timelocks at the moment aren't enabled) and having "dabbled" in the role does not make you at synth level. You need EXTENSIVE experience in all of said departments. The really important roles are Squad engineer, CMO, Squad medic, RO, and SO.

Combat section shows you haven't read programming. "On the ground, it is an entirely different case- It shouldn't attack anything at all" - this statement is straight-up wrong. You are expected to defend yourself as a synth on the groundside to meet self-preservation clause, and you are also meant to defend marines when nothing else can. A synth sitting idly by while a marine is mauled by a runner is not meeting requirements.

Due to the short and inadequate answers and story I will have to -1 this. This goes in conjunction with the fact I can't recall seeing your name in-game ever.

Thanks for the reply, I'll do the best I can to respond.

Yes, I was permabanned in '17 but that was literally three years ago, and i'm absolutely sure I haven't caused hell since then. I personally wouldn't see it -as- an elephant, It's something i've already come to terms with, and the staff before you are sure to recognize (I hope) that I have reformed. If you want to go and dig that old bone up, I guess thats an okay move/flex, but I will always continue to put my best foot forward with no bans since then. It's all I CAN do, and it's all I can promise you.

On to my quirk- I would hope to have the quirk more fleshed out and RP'd more IN GAME rather than just text walls and a story. I leave it semi-open ended because I want to avoid writing myself into a corner and thusly having to stick to one way of roleplaying in game. I can get incredibly more specific if necessary, and I can its not hard, (as I did in my previous app a long time ago) but I was given the advice not to write myself to where my back is against the wall. I also do this so that I have more RP avenues to pursue, which is favorable, because the last thing I wanna do is have to follow a synthetic story to the ends of the earth, which i'm ABSOLUTELY SURE not every Synthetic thus far has with my interactions with them. They seem to have differing personalities and ways of engaging and communicating every single round, from what i've noticed from one synthetic.

Having Lea be vague with her dialog means I can express myself in game and show players that there is a new story to be written every time I play synthetic; I story build, which means it gives me more motivation to role synth and, you know, actually RP instead of being a full-support bot.

I know of this religious quirk bot you speak of- In fact, it was one of my inspirations (and after reading the article I submitted) to make this app once again. In regards to 'reaching the standard' of this individual religious synthetic, my aim is to not duplicate his religious stance in it's entirety, rather, I realized the amount of potential the route has, and I want to further that even more. I cannot, right now, prove to you that I can be just as good of a religious as he is because frankly, there isn't ANY routes/jobs as a Marine right now that can match him and what he can work with. As marines, we do not have many opportunities to 'match' the level of that person you are describing.

Side note, In no way is my app attempting to duplicate the Synth, and the worst case, i'm sure as hell this synth can't be on 24/7 and play the same rounds as me, always, and thats even IF I decide to play synthetic.

As a synth enthusiast- The sentence "Synths reflect purity- they cannot reproduce" was meant to be more of a viewpoint in relation to how synths are created and how they would operate, and how strikingly similar they are in relation to someone in a Clergical position, like a Nun. This viewpoint also ties in to Lea and her position as a Former Church Clerk. It is honestly an interesting topic nowadays where you have many topics of "Can Synths ACTUALLY be human? Is Technology going too far? Where is the Grey Line?" I'm sorry if the word reproduced caused some sort of discomfort somehow, but in the process of writing a 'professional' application of which I leave my self open to criticism with all my flaws made on paper since I started playing this server, I mean for all my words to be of academic integrity, and I would never imply anything that is relatively even close to sexual content. I somewhat feel you are trying to connect that word with my previous ban, and I don't know if that feels fair, if I'm being honest. I ask that you reconsider your stance on that word.

By competency, I can absolutely with one hundred percent honesty say to you that I am competent in these roles, and then some. I have not been shown to disregard those roles and/or cause round distruption in-game in relation to said roles. I admit, I did look at the previous accepted Synthetic apps for the past few months, and in that section they only had roughly a sentence or two, so, honestly, I thought it would be okay to just say, yes- I am more than competent in these roles. I don't see HOW realistically I can claim myself to be "super god" in these roles other than i've never fucked up in game as these roles, I guess.

If i'm also being real, I could just copy and paste exactly what they are supposed to do on the Wikia, change some words, and paste it here, and no one would ever know the difference.

To be honest, I really have a support-main mindset, you shouldn't be thinking of yourself much anyways- you are there to help the ship on your goodwill and to RP along the way. I guess another way to put my competency response is Humility. But if you see that as incompetence, then that's fair.

"Simply having the head of department unlocked (which everyone has unlocked by the way since timelocks at the moment aren't enabled) "

I've been playing since '17. Proof is in my previous ban that you brought up.

""On the ground, it is an entirely different case- It shouldn't attack anything at all"

I tried to tie this wording up with my previous statement about the Alamo, in the same paragraph. IT CAN attack, in self defense, but generally speaking when on the floor, it shouldn't attack unless absolutely necessary. The last thing you want on your list to be decommissioned is to have the reason "tried to be a battle synth." I made my Alamo scenario pretty descriptive, and it should at least tell you that I am fully aware of the capabilities of what a Synth should and shouldn't do. I apologize again, for the confusion.

I do thank you for the response though, and I hope this helps clear up any future questions anyone might have about the application. If there are more ways that I can prove myself or if you have any advice, I am more than happy! But thank you again for the opportunity.
    Last edited by MayorofKenya; 10-09-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to say this, not just for you, but for any future potential applicant reading this.

This is NOT how you make a synthetic app.

The quirk is, for starters, just a very roundabout way of saying you want to play a spiritual/priest synthetic. This is something one should avoid picking as their quirk unless they're an outstandingly good and creative storywriter that is able to to make an unmistakably unique spin on this quirk template that is readily recongizable and interesting, because this is by far the most overused quirk idea that has been done to death and beyond. Players pick it because it's a no-brainer for an interesting quirk idea, yet this consistently fails to yield interesting roleplay situations - because players themselves do not put in enough effort to produce something interesting from the quirk's baseline, and it's unpopular amongst the playerbase due to it virtually always ending up being repetitive and unoriginal. Your quirk description is essentially a word salad that boils down to, again, that your synthetic is spiritual.

You say you wish to play synthetic for the roleplay potential it has, however your following answers tell me quite the opposite.

Your answers on support roles competence are extremely short and lack any substance to them whatsoever. This tells me that you've written these - and that your overall opinion on your gameplay performance - is an afterthought. To say that this is unacceptable would be an understatement. Synthetic, as a role, is somewhat unique amongst CM's myriad of jobs, roles, classes - being bad at what you do as a synthetic is explicitly a rulebreak. A synthetic failing at surgery, being ignorant of the basic aspects of medicine, being incompetent at managing requisitions -to name a few of the many possible examples - is a violation of the roleplay rule, both in the server and the general whitelist sense - and will net you a swift dewhitelist if it is ever found out.

I am not insinuating that you're necessarily incompetent at playing marine support roles, however your non-answers coupled with me rarely, if ever, seeing you play said support roles is a huge no. And it would be to anyone else reviewing this application.

Lastly, your answer on combat synthing is flat-out incorrect. The statement that you're not allowed to attack anything at all groundside, ever, is blatantly false. Please make sure that you study the combat synthing rule and its interpretations as seen in accepted synth applications in great detail.

You took a gamble, assuming that this whitelist is an easy fetch if you state how much you love to roleplay and that the actual gameplay aspects of the role are not as important, and you lost. To roleplay as a synth, to be and to create the best roleplay opportunities you could possibly offer, you need to be an absolute master at support roles. To be intimately familiar with obscure facts, trivia and "hacks" of every support department, and to be able to utilize such knowledge for the benefit of yourself and the marines, and even maybe be recognized for it - that is peak synthetic whitelist roleplay.

Your app would be more suited for a mannequin whitelist.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    I'm going to say this, not just for you, but for any future potential applicant reading this.

This is NOT how you make a synthetic app.

The quirk is, for starters, just a very roundabout way of saying you want to play a spiritual/priest synthetic. This is something one should avoid picking as their quirk unless they're an outstandingly good and creative storywriter that is able to to make an unmistakably unique spin on this quirk template that is readily recongizable and interesting, because this is by far the most overused quirk idea that has been done to death and beyond. Players pick it because it's a no-brainer for an interesting quirk idea, yet this consistently fails to yield interesting roleplay situations - because players themselves do not put in enough effort to produce something interesting from the quirk's baseline, and it's unpopular amongst the playerbase due to it virtually always ending up being repetitive and unoriginal. Your quirk description is essentially a word salad that boils down to, again, that your synthetic is spiritual.

You say you wish to play synthetic for the roleplay potential it has, however your following answers tell me quite the opposite.

Your answers on support roles competence are extremely short and lack any substance to them whatsoever. This tells me that you've written these - and that your overall opinion on your gameplay performance - is an afterthought. To say that this is unacceptable would be an understatement. Synthetic, as a role, is somewhat unique amongst CM's myriad of jobs, roles, classes - being bad at what you do as a synthetic is explicitly a rulebreak. A synthetic failing at surgery, being ignorant of the basic aspects of medicine, being incompetent at managing requisitions -to name a few of the many possible examples - is a violation of the roleplay rule, both in the server and the general whitelist sense - and will net you a swift dewhitelist if it is ever found out.

I am not insinuating that you're necessarily incompetent at playing marine support roles, however your non-answers coupled with me rarely, if ever, seeing you play said support roles is a huge no. And it would be to anyone else reviewing this application.

Lastly, your answer on combat synthing is flat-out incorrect. The statement that you're not allowed to attack anything at all groundside, ever, is blatantly false. Please make sure that you study the combat synthing rule and its interpretations as seen in accepted synth applications in great detail.

You took a gamble, assuming that this whitelist is an easy fetch if you state how much you love to roleplay and that the actual gameplay aspects of the role are not as important, and you lost. To roleplay as a synth, to be and to create the best roleplay opportunities you could possibly offer, you need to be an absolute master at support roles. To be intimately familiar with obscure facts, trivia and "hacks" of every support department, and to be able to utilize such knowledge for the benefit of yourself and the marines, and even maybe be recognized for it - that is peak synthetic whitelist roleplay.

Your app would be more suited for a mannequin whitelist.

I see that the application process is as stringent as ever, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, it just means adjustments need to be made, like any hypothesis. However, I'd like to correct a few points, since it appears you are coming out the gates swinging for me.

I, in any way shape or form, did not make this application as a 'gamble' that you imply it to be. It isn't an afterthought, it is a genuine application to attempt to be one of the few individuals to be held to a high standard. I simply made an attempt, and it seems I fell short. I understand now that maybe my answers are not concise enough, and I will have to revisit this in a month or so, and hopefully I will have gained you and everyone else's trust.

I had hoped for a spiritual synthetic to be an interesting viewpoint, (because in all honestly, it REALLY is, so many applicable real life scenarios) but I have not been told that from the people that I consulted that it wasn't an overblown idea. I will not blame them, but I also fail to see how necessarily I would know that it was overblown and overused as such- In fact there is only ONE other bot with this quirk that has played consistently and that I saw. I will not give up on this aspect for my potential future synthetic applications.

" actual gameplay aspects of the role are not as important"

I geniunely feel lost as to how you come to this conclusion- Becoming a Synthetic, when you apply; the gameplay for them is automatically held to an incredibly high standard assuming you are more than proficient. It literally says so in the README section before you apply. No one should ever apply for a whitelist, let alone a role that has been infamously known to accept only a few, with a few application rates, with terrible skills in ANY support role. Again, I made my answers the way they are because I took that agreement when I began writing my application; that and I read every (well, almost everything apparently) about making a synthetic application.

You want to make a REAL tip for future people looking at this and thinking about a Synth App about the competency section? For any future applicant, really, All they would have to do is to just claim what they would do in as that support role; all of that can be looked up at the wikia and I can just claim it as my own talent- it's such a massive flaw in the application process. and one that you council should probably look at. (Literally, it's just regurgitation of what is expected of you.) I merely only agreed and wrote what I wrote because I know I won't ever fuck up in it, and that i'm signing up for a role that literally has expectations higher than the British Queens Guard.

Seriously, take a look at the last 6 accepted synth apps. You said, "To be intimately familiar with obscure facts, trivia and "hacks" of every support department, and to be able to utilize such knowledge for the benefit of yourself and the marines, and even maybe be recognized for it - that is peak synthetic whitelist roleplay."

NONE of those 6 previous apps accepted have anything 'trailblazing' or 'innovative' in their competency section, or anything that implies being 'intimately familiar with obscure facts, trivia and "hacks"; dude what they all wrote is shit I can pull from the Wikia. This is bullshit and you know it. The only thing I can think of when I read this quote is, "Oh, he/she means powergame, lol" Don't hold me to that standard when the last 6 apps in their competency section haven't even come close to showcasing that. Thats unfair and bullshit, and I would at least make that more clear what is expected in the competency section in the application form. If you really ARE looking for unique answers and are looking for applicants to better showcase this, then re-write the question that would have to be answered with a knowledge of being ' intimately familiar with obscure facts, trivia and "hacks"' of that said department, instead of being completely open ended and able to have the answer quota be satisfied with regurgitated shit we already know you can do.

I feel that perhaps you may be taking this a tad too seriously, but given the level standards that have been implied and seen thus far, I have to be able to match that and, in return, be able and allowed to point out flaws. I don't mean my responses to be in a derogatory way; I just want to point out the feedback I feel have been unfairly stacked against me in a way that doesn't reflect the application form and being trashed by external (and somewhat biased) factors that shouldn't exist in determining the success of an application in a supposed fair and open field. Like for example, there being already a religious synth (is this HONESTLY a problem?) Or the literal whole idea of the quirk being a religious type because apparently 'its overdone and overblown.' I Just want to be able to roleplay that because its so interesting to me and I can relate to it more, then I can make more stories with it, what else do you want? This is CM SS13, for real

If I do mess up, then it most certainly will be found out, I don't disagree, but then thats where staff would come in.

I will, however, acknowledge my lack of presence to you. I realise maybe timezones are different, but if I do see you ingame, I'll be sure to put my best foot forward, and to show you my expertise. It's all I can do/say.

If anything, this response has given me insight to the workings of what to expect, so I appreciate that regardless of what was said. I appreciate any opportunity and feedback.
    Last edited by MayorofKenya; 10-09-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After consulting with individuals and analyzing feedback from both sides, I will be looking for a withdrawal to my application. I fully understand that perhaps my competency was not fleshed out significantly at all, and is not the best representation of my personal understanding and application of support departments. I will also continue to work on a new story that fits and dives into the personality of Lea more, as originally the intention of the story was to present Lea in a third person perspective to showcase understanding, of which was improperly applied. I will still aim to present Lea is a unique way that hasnt been done before, so there will be some experimenting in the future.

I still stand by my replies, however. I will still take every feedback into consideration and I will produce an application that is worthy to be whitelisted. Thank you for the opportunity.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorofKenya View Post
    After consulting with individuals and analyzing feedback from both sides, I will be looking for a withdrawal to my application. I fully understand that perhaps my competency was not fleshed out significantly at all, and is not the best representation of my personal understanding and application of support departments. I will also continue to work on a new story that fits and dives into the personality of Lea more, as originally the intention of the story was to present Lea in a third person perspective to showcase understanding, of which was improperly applied. I will still aim to present Lea is a unique way that hasnt been done before, so there will be some experimenting in the future.

I still stand by my replies, however. I will still take every feedback into consideration and I will produce an application that is worthy to be whitelisted. Thank you for the opportunity.
    thanks for listening to my advice on the discord

I believe you probably have what it takes to be whitelisted, but this app did not show that.

Good luck on your next app, DM me if you need any help.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn. You can reapply on 11/9/2020
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.