Byond ID?
    WrongKeyo360

CM Character?
    Fabio 'Fab' Espinoza

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Eastern Daylight Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20+ hours or so. I have school and I plan to get a part-time job

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Nope, this would be my first time of being more than just a normal player. Although I do believe that I've played the game enough that I would know how to deal with problems.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I am trying to get unbanned from Paradise, but other than that nope.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    [N/A]

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes.

[permanent] Desert Rose: Being underaged. Two years ago.

[permanent] Paradise Station: Called things gay and ignored 2nd warning from admins. (Trying to resolve it.)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Firstly I would contact the person that got shot and why they have been shot, asking them how this escalated and the reason behind the shooting. I would also contact the shooter and also see how their perspective matches the victims. If their stories collide with each other I would try asking for witnesses. I would let the MPs do their job. IF the shooting was un-escalated, I would note them for shooting a Marine without proper escalation. Otherwise, I would leave it alone.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would say how exactly they violated the Honor Code, and depending on how much of a threat they are, I would talk to them or report them to a Council Member. I myself am not 100% familiar with the HC so I would probably leave the ahelp to someone more capable.

I would also suggest making a report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would try to ask if they need help with anything, of course you don't want to assume things until they are proven. IF the player is a baldie and doesn't know what they are doing, I would direct them to an SEA or Mentor. IF there are no mentors or SEAs, I would try at my best of capabilities to guide them through the Marine/Civilian role they are playing, and informing them that if this proves too hard to manage (Depending if they're playing Spec or something more complicated like SL) I would ask them to next time try Squad Marine and learn the game like such. Again, I would try to explain the role as best as I can so they can understand what they are supposed to do as said role, aswell as some tips and tricks I know as a Marine.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell them that talking to me like that wouldn't make the situation any different, aswell that they will have the same response that I did and continuing asking for higher authority will only make his situation worse.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would thank the reporter for calling it out, and then contact the Marine about their name and how it's not fit for CMs style. I then would change their name to a name they would like, aslong as it's CM-lore friendly and thank him for cooperating.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I personally would keep an eye on them, and send them a Subtle Message saying "Hm... Perhaps I shouldn't be using this on Green Alert..." And depending on their response or action, I will act or not act accordingly.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Sadly I would have need to aheal the Marine if they are perma/un-revivable. I would also contact the survivor and tell them that killing Marines as a survivor is not allowed as stated by the Server Rules. I would tell them to review the rules and note them. I will ban them if they do it again however. (If given permission too)

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would try getting more information about how they broke in, such as if they broke a window or if any CTs/ROs were there to see. With that info I would go to the arresting MP and ask them why did they put them in perma, and according to the charges, I would ignore the problem.

But let's say that the MP just wanted to perma someone for a minor crime. At that point I would inform them that perma is not a suitable punishment and aswell give them a warning for making an unlawful arrest as an MP. If the MP causes more problem, a note will be applied, and if they yet keep going, a jobban/ban/perma will be applied.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would try using the Queen Mother announcement and convince xenos to push onto the Ship and make her mother proud.

"My precious Daughter. You've done an incredible job as the Mother of your children. Spread the hive... Conquer the skies."

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would try bwoink them and ask what are they doing. If they are just new to the game I would tell them that pilling dead bodies without checking them is not allowed as it can be counted as griefing, if they keep going however I would need to sleep them, and most likely jobban them. However I cannot do anything to the bodies, so I would still try to save them and heal them.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would tell them that since lore-wise, Marines and CLF are not allies and technically enemies, it is allowed for Marines to shoot CLF and vice-versa.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would thank them for ahelping the problem, and then jump onto the suspect and tell them to stop making shenanigans and to return the stolen gear. If they continue I will warn them again and note them.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Firstly I would thank the victim for ahelping the situation, then I would jump onto the murderer and I would give them a warning, saying that they cannot just kill a Marine for punching them, because it's not a good enough of a reason ICly.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Firstly I would MOOC saying to stop the mutiny because it's not a valid one, then ask who was the 'Leader' and tell them to ahelp the mutiny with the reason behind it, IF the mutiny is indeed valid, I would give them the mutiny status and give the go-ahead. (Of course I would also overwatch the mutiny happen so no illegal deaths and kills happens.)

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would thank the ahelper for letting us know of the situation and try to dismiss the jokes with an OOC warning. I would also ahelp the person that made the joke and say that saying racists jokes is a breach of Rule 3. Don't be a dick. If they keep going with the jokes I will have them warned again and note them.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the Marine. I would also aheal all the Dead Marines and Marines that got shot depending if a Medic is nearby and how many there are.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I wouldn't do anything at firts, except to keep an eye on that Larvas CKEY and see if they do it again. There's a chance they wanted to evo on the frontlines and got shot by a stray bullet.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would ahelp them asking them to stop saying LRP things and especially not to insult the Queen as it will result on a note and possible Jobban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would say that it is fine to call the DS as a Dropship as a xeno since they are supposed to be talking in xeno language to English, so I would let it pass.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would thank the Marine for ahelping the problem and move to the Command Marine and ask them to "Please do not inform Marines that there are Aliens on the planet as it is not known for sure."

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would accept this IF it was escalated properly. Verbal warning, shoves, Punches, Melee, and finally guns. But if it wasn't escalated I would warn the murderer that he will be noted for killing a Marine unescalated.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would call them out for heating themselves up over a pixel game about shooting aliens, and redicule him more thinking he can talk back to me after I solved their issue and wasting my time for his petty self. I would also note and give them a warning before hand for behavior.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would tell them to have SSDd in a more secure spot onto the USS Almayer. I'd imagine the Xenos have landed on the ship and he was on cryo/prep SSD. I would also tell them that I sadly cannot do that as they have aquired you legally, and you were basically free meat on a hallway.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I wouldn't try to directly tell them to stop what they are doing, I would firsly notify the Staff Member privately and tell them what I think about how they handled the situation AFTER they've dealt with it. On Discord.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would try asking them what did the person do and depending on the charges and story I would agree with one side or the other.

IF one of the Staff Member still thinks otherwise, I would tell them to re-think it again and not argue on Msay especially when an Player is waiting an aswer.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator because I always have liked CM-13 and the other servers aswell. This game attracts me incredibly well and I always find myself back at it again no matter the situation. It cheers me up and it makes me happy when I'm not. So I thought I'd give Moderation a try. I do wish to become a good Moderator and do a good job to support the community anyway I can.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to critically think and have an open mind.

Anything else you
    I will most likely give 2-3 Strikes depending on the situation and apply a jobban/ban/permaban accordingly. I also love drama and honestly being a mod will also give me something else to do as a ghost.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregarding the application entirely, your permaban was less than a year ago. You've recently gotten 4 notes in 3 days this month (in a row mind you), you've got a job-ban, and you admit you want to do this for the "drama". I see you consistently shit-talk people in discord and even in ahelps and there's no doubt in my head you completely lack any maturity to handle situations reasonably and in an unbiased manner.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not even gonna bother to read the answers. You’ve had two notes in the past 30 days, showing that clearly you never even bothered to read the rules for the app. The times I’ve seen you in game and discord you have been causing trouble and if I’m being completely honest, I don’t think you are a good player who can be trusted with the perms you receive as mod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be a bit less scathing then the others, while you can be aggressive at times I've personally never had any negative experiences with you and as a whole I don't believe you to be a malicious person. You're not on our server in bad faith but your behavior could use some work nonetheless.

You've had too many notes too recently for this to really be considered properly but if you were to go a couple months without accruing anymore and you work on the public image a bit I personally wouldn't mind giving you a shot. Like I said I don't believe you're a bad person but as is I can't condone putting you on the mod team.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied.

Recent notes and bad attitude.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer