October 9, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    BillyJean Bombamanski
    Their BYOND Key
    KingPhilipIII
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3:36
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    abuse of power. how is this not harrassment? everytime i spawn in i get attacked now. it got cleared in the last report.
    Description of the incident
    i spawn in after getting my name cleared TWICE now. and get harrassed by admins to change it.

AFTER I POINT THEM TO THE CLEARANCE THEN I GET "well im gonna petition it" clear harrassment. because i reported an admin.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    again just getting this out there for the forum to see. as it will just fall on deaf ears again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes because I thoroughly disagree with the assessment. I am unable to locate any examples of your name using google EXCEPT through our forums. Your name is so not real literally nobody else has used it before even as a username or anything else, which is quite an achievement.

The fact you went and filed this pointless report over me saying I intend to take action, not even action I've taken, is comical.

You're either a twelve year old, or a bad troll. Gonna be honest for a second.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 10-09-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, i would just like to be left alone to play and have the rules be applied fairly and accross the board. I would also like to not miss the first drop ship for 5 rounds because i get to talk to an admin after my name has been cleared TWICE now. My name is my name. i explained the etymology of it. there are people with names liek highlander and slaughter. are you going to go through and have them change all their names because they seem fake? or just wait til they make a report and harass them every round until they just go away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woooooow... double standards much?

Mcbalderson is ok?

//showthrea...=Fair+balanced

and someone else got a note for saying "boiler isfair and balanced" which is what i reported originally that started this whole debacle... but got told i was wrong to report that as "non-RP"

//showthrea...-Report-Bibiex

but yeah im not being harassed...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, think before you post because its starting to look like you post just to create trouble.

Secondly, that report was resolved, read the full report and the last reply made by the manager at the time which was for reference nearly a year ago. Parts of the announcements was LRP as stated by the manager, the part you specify was not part of that.

Thirdly, no, you are not being harassed but you seem to be creating trouble and crying foul the minute you get a slap on the wrist for it. Regardless of that, i will resolve this as soon as possible once logs have been posted and i have gotten a clarification from the Community Manager regarding your name.

Until then, do not post in this thread unless you have more information to bring forward.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    I am unable to locate any examples of your name using google EXCEPT through our forums. Your name is so not real literally nobody else has used it before even as a username or anything else, which is quite an achievement.
    I frequently do given and family name research for a side-gig.

"BillyJean" is a misspelling of the name "Billie-Jean," "Billiejean," or "Billie Jean." These are all real female names, with English origins and meaning "resolute protector." Notable examples of this name include Billie Jean King, a famous tennis player, and a fictional woman in Michael Jackson's song "Billie Jean."

"Bombamanski" appears to be a fictional surname heavily based on actual surnames from Eastern Europe. "Bomba" roughly translates to "bomb," "bombshell," or "eggshell" in several Slavic languages. "-ski" is a common variation of a suffix frequently seen in Slavic surnames. I am not familiar enough with Eastern European languages to discern what the penultimate syllable "-man-" is supposed to mean, and is the main reason I dub the surname to be fictional. Whether this actually makes the surname "real" or "fictional" is a matter of interpretation, but it does have a superficial basis in modern language.

I hope that this information will allow for a more informed decision, and that Nanu does not smite me for providing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Snip
    Alright for one that was actually very informative so thank you for that.

And two, it's not just the name on it's own. If he'd delivered an argument similar to that the first time he was questioned I can say I think he would have been let off the hook without issue, because defending your stance is key. He instead became supremely argumentative with the previous staff member handling his case, and is now declaring we are abusing our power and intentionally harassing him.

As is, I don't believe that was his basis for the creation of the name, it just got lucky in that capacity, and I think both his argument and this entire report are being delivered in bad faith. I'm not going to disclose much more until logs are posted for the sake of not crossing the line into territory I shouldn't be talking about but there's a bit more to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I have been accused of acting in bad faith. I feel I am allowed to defend myself.

1. It’s not in bad faith for back to back rounds I was accosted at the beginning of the round after my name was already cleared.

2. I was given a timed threat of “for now”. Not “ok carry on”. Or just “I see the post says it’s ok”. I got “you’re fine for now” meaning I get to have the potentiality of missing another round start at another undisclosed time.

3. I have a very similar parallel to the etymology of the name. But not the ACTUAL one because guess what that’s my PII not yours. And my name is indeed very similar to the described but again CHANGED. This is the internet after all.

4. If any ONE of these incidents happened by themselves I wouldn’t call it harassment either. But 3 straight rounds I dealt with “take it to the forum”, then I took it to the forum. Very next round “change your name”. My name gets cleared. Then VERY next round again. “Change your name” then I give cleared link. “You’re fine for now”. That for now is a threat and a timed one.

5. When I played my very first round of CM I had to change my name and then I asked the mentor if the new one was fine. They said it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additional evidence supporting an etymology following smith, baker, etc following naming conventions of work following a military tradition in my family:

here real life support from me:

https://imgur.com/a/3qTrbay

Secondly, real life support of SGT Slaughters or bakers having the last name of baker. coincidence their names are similar or the same as their occupation:

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/d...3de161123.html

so again no, not acting in bad faith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, 01:23 PM#2
    Community Manager

ThesoldierLLJK's AvatarJoin Date
    Dec 2018
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not a realistic surname and when I google it, I get no results and it’s a play on bomberman.

Admin did nothing wrong, it’s not an acceptable last name.
    Bombmanski is fine as that shows up on google. Our standards are simple if we google a surname and it’s listed it’s fine.

https://imgur.com/a/5tSeSS9