User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Basedoperator - Synthetic Application

  1. #11
    Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some vouchers for your support roles. Make sure they're synth whitelisted as well.
    Mortimer/Dale the synthetic and synthetic councilor once again. Feel free to DM me (or optimisticdude, Yukonsnow, AcuteCircle, Xywenx, and Vampmare) on Discord about synthetic-related questions.

    "Therefore, send not to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." - John Donne, For Whom the Bell Tolls

  2. #12
    Whitelisted Captain Griffith78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big +1.

    I've seen this guy in plenty of support roles recently such as CMO, squad medic, and OT. Each time they are doing their job and doing it well. I see no issues with them being a synth especially since they are a good role-player.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vouching for the man's skills in medical department : his chemistry skills are through the roof and he's a reliable and good CMO who doesn't NPC the autodoc. I like the story and quirk, let him be robit. +1
    Karl Karlsson, the man who is (probably) good at everything

    Maxwell the synth, the robot who wants your metal and always recycles
    11/9/20 : Synth WL, 13/9/20 : Mentor, 6/10/20 : Discord Volunteer (first one)


  4. #14
    CO Council Member naut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you a lot in the medical field as both CMO and doctor as well as doing a lot of work as an OT. Nice tanks of unga juice too.

    Good job on consulting people about the app and story, I found both to be pretty solid and Paul seems like he'd be a good synthetic to have on the field.

    +1 from me! Good luck and hope to see Paul soon!
    Medical and Command main.
    CO Councilor.

    I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

    im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

  5. #15
    Junior Member 5688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, a few hours/a day ago we were playing a prison round together and you were squad medic and I was a mini medic. Ehm, I am not saying you were a bad medic but I will say that if that round is representative for your skill as a medic then it's not good enough for a synth. You would sometimes prioritise treating patients that weren't all that wounded and I saw you walk away from dead and stripped marines that were dropped right next to you. You also gave me the impression, although this reminas just an impression, that you got really overwhelmed when you were tasked with defibing more than 2 patients at the same time. Furthermore, your medic playstyle seemed to be that of a combat medic rather than a more support one. There's nothing inherently wrong with that if you were to play a normal medic but when you play a synth you cant really do that.

    Maybe play medic for a few more rounds and try to be more support focused. You mentioned how you havent played medic for several months so a refresher cant really do any harm. The way things stand and knowing that synths tend to act as medics a lot I would give you a -1. However, play a few rounds as medic and I am sure your old skill will come back and I see no reason to not +1 this. Good luck, enjoy your day ^^
    Elly 'Lizard' Luckwing. Will one day become a moderator and ban dying.
    EL-XXX-Y. The alien that does the best of spins and has infallible aim.
    SSSSSSS
    If you want to talk without having to go through the cm discord you totally can: 5688#4849

  6. #16
    Moderator Basedoperator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    You would sometimes prioritise treating patients that weren't all that wounded and I saw you walk away from dead and stripped marines that were dropped right next to you. You also gave me the impression, although this reminas just an impression, that you got really overwhelmed when you were tasked with defibing more than 2 patients at the same time.
    If this was the research hangar hold this is simply untrue. I expended two defibrillators. Nobody went orange under my watch and nobody went permadead. Tossing someone a splint to splint themselves is not failing triage if I've already medicated and patched the defibbable body.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    Furthermore, your medic playstyle seemed to be that of a combat medic rather than a more support one. There's nothing inherently wrong with that if you were to play a normal medic but when you play a synth you cant really do that.
    Also untrue. I took only 4 webbings slots worth of buckshot so I could use my armor to store more medical equipment (I remember this because it was yesterday night). I fired my gun a total of three times that round (at least not enough to have to even reload five shells back in), all to save revivable bodies in hostile territory which I was successful in. Part of the synthetic job is saving people.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    Maybe play medic for a few more rounds and try to be more support focused. You mentioned how you havent played medic for several months so a refresher cant really do any harm. The way things stand and knowing that synths tend to act as medics a lot I would give you a -1. However, play a few rounds as medic and I am sure your old skill will come back and I see no reason to not +1 this. Good luck, enjoy your day ^^
    I've never said this. CMO is my second highest played role. You've also seemingly decided to base your vote on... one experience you had with me? I've played CMO and Squad Medic daily for the past week as you can see from what plenty of people have said above.
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-15-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    Daniel Morgan / DA-N
    CO Whitelist (9/15/20-)
    Trial Moderator (9/24/20-10/9/20) Moderator (10/9/20-)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  7. #17
    Moderator Basedoperator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xywenx View Post
    Hey, thanks for applying.

    (Firstly, it's his right not to give you his playtime, really no need to take it personally. While it doesn't help his app, it shouldn't be a negative factor.)

    Personally I can't vouch for your capabilities but that's due to lack of playtime on my part, perhaps someone else can vouch for you.
    You being a Captain is atleast a positive indicator regarding your capabilities and your answers seem good to me.
    Now, the story is fine. It's within acceptable levels, but it didn't blow me away. If I had to use a single adjective to describe it, I would describe it as "basic" (That's the story itself, the writting on the other hand is good.). You can get the general gist of your quirk in it, but I would've appreciated if it was shown a bit more.

    Could you give me an example for the "posh"/aristocratic/educated speech of your synth?
    For example you could write me a short dialogue with the CMO; you've brought someone back from the colony infected by the black goo and now you're discussing what to do with them. (Or you could just explain to me what your idea of "posh speech" is or explain shortly how your Chracter is going to act aristocraticly.)
    I'll be responding to this this afternoon.
    Daniel Morgan / DA-N
    CO Whitelist (9/15/20-)
    Trial Moderator (9/24/20-10/9/20) Moderator (10/9/20-)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  8. #18
    Community Manager ThesoldierLLJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I am here poking my red man tag to say that asking players for their hours in roles will NOT be a thing for whitelist applications nor will it have any bearing on getting a whitelist. The only requirements are of what each whitelist requires for forum registration date/no ban history/etc...

    Have nice day
    Head Shitposter in Charge and Community Manager
    Insert timeline of being staff here | Discord: Thesoldier#3107 - Open to DMs

  9. #19
    Junior Member 5688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you literally state that 'I've played countless hours of Squad Medic in the 2018-2019 era.' therefore giving me the idea that you haven't played (a lot of)medic in recent time. At the same time, at the start of my message I state that 'if that round is representative for your skill as a medic then it's not good enough for a synth'. So yes, IF that round was how you normally medic then I will -1 it since medic is the big thing for synths. Then you claim that you play a ton of CMO, which is great, however, my problem lies in how you behave as a field medic and how you tend to act aggressively there. I am not saying that you are a bad medic, I am saying that the way you play medic isn't good for synths since your play style is too aggressive for it. Besides, the only person so far that called you a good medic was Griffith78, everybody else merely called you a good doctor/cmo. Which, again, I am sure you're a great medic, it's just the play style I worry about.

    You applied for synth, you know peeps will pay more attention to what you do and how you act. Don't then say 'it was just once', tell me why that one round, that one incident shouldn't matter. You could've had a story about how medic you is more unga than synth you will be and I would've been happy. But that is not what you choose to do. If you were to act and play as a synth in the same way as you did that round you'd lose your whitelist. Saying that it 'was just one round' wouldn't save you then and it won’t save you now.
    Elly 'Lizard' Luckwing. Will one day become a moderator and ban dying.
    EL-XXX-Y. The alien that does the best of spins and has infallible aim.
    SSSSSSS
    If you want to talk without having to go through the cm discord you totally can: 5688#4849

  10. #20
    Moderator Basedoperator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    I mean, you literally state that 'I've played countless hours of Squad Medic in the 2018-2019 era.' therefore giving me the idea that you haven't played (a lot of)medic in recent time. At the same time, at the start of my message I state that 'if that round is representative for your skill as a medic then it's not good enough for a synth'. So yes, IF that round was how you normally medic then I will -1 it since medic is the big thing for synths. Then you claim that you play a ton of CMO, which is great, however, my problem lies in how you behave as a field medic and how you tend to act aggressively there. I am not saying that you are a bad medic, I am saying that the way you play medic isn't good for synths since your play style is too aggressive for it. Besides, the only person so far that called you a good medic was Griffith78, everybody else merely called you a good doctor/cmo. Which, again, I am sure you're a great medic, it's just the play style I worry about.

    You applied for synth, you know peeps will pay more attention to what you do and how you act. Don't then say 'it was just once', tell me why that one round, that one incident shouldn't matter. You could've had a story about how medic you is more unga than synth you will be and I would've been happy. But that is not what you choose to do. If you were to act and play as a synth in the same way as you did that round you'd lose your whitelist. Saying that it 'was just one round' wouldn't save you then and it won’t save you now.
    So you've conceded everything you've said about me except that I'm too aggressive as a medic? Once again I will tell you that I don't even take enough ammo to fully reload my shotgun three times. Only four handfuls of buckshot and the rest of all of my storage space is reserved for medical equipment. I don't play combat medic, I frontline to recover bodies and risk my round to save people, sometimes that involving discharging my firearm, that's why I have it. And in regards to that synthetic and medic are two different experiences so to say that I would "lose my whitelist" for playing like that simply doesn't make sense, especially since you neither hold nor judge this whitelist. Obviously I can't play synth like I play medic because I won't be having an M37 shotgun at my disposal, as well as being well... a marine. Also, why would I write a story about my medic? This is a synthetic app.
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-16-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Daniel Morgan / DA-N
    CO Whitelist (9/15/20-)
    Trial Moderator (9/24/20-10/9/20) Moderator (10/9/20-)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •