0 Thread(s)

Basedoperator - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Basedoperator

Marine Name
    Daniel Morgan

Other Whitelist Applications
    CO WL: //showthrea...1311#post61311 (accepted)

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Paul

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Paul is a synthetic model with the designed quirk modeled after Victorian era British nobility. His etiquette and mannerisms are designed off aristocracy, respecting customs, routines, and rules. The model's vernacular is composed of more proper and "elegant" linguistics of English origin, that some may find posh. Paul's quirk makes him very literal and serious - yet reserved. His vocabulary is of a more educated nature. Paul is confused by human sarcasm and the nuances of social dynamics and rarely synthesizes emotions, an "all work no play" type. As a unit he is more robotic and "uptight" than other synthetics of varying quirks. This should not be confused with an attitude of superiority however, as he maintains respect to those he addresses customarily.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Support roles are the backbone of the USCM. There are many times where the support jobs (or lack of competence in them) can make or break an operation. I have many hours in shipside and support jobs and I personally enjoy playing them. As a synth you are the ultimate versatile support character, and with many long-time hours in the support jobs I believe I can offer the competence and efficiency to this whitelist that can help save the marines. Some of my greatest and most memorable experiences in this game have been playing support roles, and I feel that by getting the synthetic WL I can be the most efficient support the USCM needs. I also frequently play at lower pop times where there usually is no synth nor req/doctors/etc.

Synthetic Character Story
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I personally enjoy Squad Engineer, and have been playing it a bit in recent times, taking both the mortar and comms on low-pop, setting both up in record time. I'm well versed in designing competent cade-lines. I know how to properly load the OB and set the AA as is routine for me even as a round-start XO/CO. I also know construction/deconstruction by memory and hacking as comes with my experience in IO.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have an approved CO application and have put in countless hours in XO/SO, receiving countless awards for leading operations. I know command like the back of my hand and fully capable of anything needed of me in the CIC. I've also put in a lot of time into IO (and other auxiliary command roles) and am fully competent enough to carry out intelligence, transport, etc.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I've played countless hours of Squad Medic in the 2018-2019 era. I'm used to going above and beyond when it comes to saving and treating marines, know how to triage and bring back the ones on the brink of death with efficiency and proficiency.

As for Doctor and CMO, I've been playing them since the Sulaco. I know the surgeries by memory. I run an efficient medbay as CMO and I'm well versed in chemistry - able to make chemicals efficiently - and I completely understand all the essential equipment in the department.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very. I used to play and main RO for the longest time around 2018-2019, even before squad reqs were a thing. I can run req alone and manage the attachment line and create the FOB crates at the same time. I know where everything in req is by memory. I'm also experienced in the use of the autolathe, the cryo recovery, hacking the console, crate recovery, ammo box filling, etc. RO is one of my strongest and most nostalgic roles despite me taking a break from it in the past few weeks.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics are NOT allowed to fire weaponry, be it directly (a wielded firearm), or indirectly (an OB). Synthetic combat is restricted to melee and in the interests of self-preservation, last resort defensive measures, and in defense of marine personnel - be it non-lethally with the crew under ML, or lethally against hostiles/xenomorphs, they should not to be on the front line to assault and fight offensively. Synthetics on the front must prioritize healing and transporting wounded, and not engage in actively attacking the enemy.

Some examples of a synthetic being able to perform combat in are:
    - Being ambushed and assaulted by a lurker, in the interest of self defense to deter the assaulter.
    - Non-lethal subduing of USCM personnel committing harm that violates marine law, such as restraining an active shooter.
    - A squad marine being killed by xenomorphs, I can ward them off in an attempt to save the marine.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Last edited by Memesky; 10-11-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you plenty as SEA and CMO

+1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you played these support roles recently? Can you screenshot your playtimes and post them?

What is your usual loadout you take as a squad medic?

A marine is passing by you, when suddenly, he falls asleep on the ground. What do you do?

You witness a marine dying from an incendiary mortar shell. A medic immediately walks up to them, scans them, and says “496 damage, they’re permadead.” Describe what you would do here?

What is a stasis bag, and in which situations should one be used?

You’re manning the medbay chemistry station, and you are filling out a medic’s order for Imialky, Iron, KeloDerm, Dexalin+, Oxycodone and “Unga Juice”. Describe in detail, step-by-step, how would you make all of these medicines. Briefly explain what each of them do as well.

You are in a FOB, an entire section of the cadeline is damaged, there is a spitter melting cades right in front if an unmanned M56D machinegun, the CO is deployed as well and orders you to man the mortar and do firemissions called in by marines on JTAC channel. What would you do?
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Have you played these support roles recently? Can you screenshot your playtimes and post them?
    Yes. I have no obligation to do that. Hop on the server and watch me.

What is your usual loadout you take as a squad medic?
    Lifesaver. Drop the QC, order Dex+, two KD, IA, spare Epi. Two stasis bags, two rollerbeds, two defibs, oxy in the helmet, extra pill bottles of bicardine, tramadol, inaprov. 3 stacks of splints. Shotgun and buckshot.

A marine is passing by you, when suddenly, he falls asleep on the ground. What do you do?
    If he is just SSD, move him to a safe location. If his unconsciousness is because of something else (OD, oxy-loss, etc.) then I would triage him as such.

You witness a marine dying from an incendiary mortar shell. A medic immediately walks up to them, scans them, and says “496 damage, they’re permadead.” Describe what you would do here?
    Inform them they can still be saved and to ask them help me de-fibrillate, request CPR if theres anyone around. Inject epi, apply patches, and group defib until alive.

What is a stasis bag, and in which situations should one be used?
    A bag that slows the progression of conditions of the person inside it, such as larval development, progressive oxy/toxin damage through organ damage, IB, etc. Don't use for delaying defib timers on the dead or marines improving condition with chems in them.

You’re manning the medbay chemistry station, and you are filling out a medic’s order for Imialky, Iron, KeloDerm, Dexalin+, Oxycodone and “Unga Juice”. Describe in detail, step-by-step, how would you make all of these medicines. Briefly explain what each of them do as well.
    IA: 40 Silicon + Nitrogen + Potassium + Chlorine + Nitrogen + 80 Carbon + Hydrogen. Eye and brain damage
    Iron: 240 Iron. Replenishes blood.
    KD: 80 Carbon + Silicon + 40 Oxygen + Phosphorous Heals burn damage stacked.
    D+: 40 Dexalin (from the vendor), Carbon, Iron. Rapid oxygen damage healing.
    Oxycodone: Vendor. Extreme painkiller.
    Unga Juice: Depends on mix requested. If just unga juice is requested I default to a basic Bicardine/Dermaline/Tramadol mix.

As CMO I frequently make a tank full of unga juice for field deployment.

You are in a FOB, an entire section of the cadeline is damaged, there is a spitter melting cades right in front if an unmanned M56D machinegun, the CO is deployed as well and orders you to man the mortar and do firemissions called in by marines on JTAC channel. What would you do?
    Inform him I am unable, and point out the cades. Since the CO's order is unlawful and I cannot obey I will put myself to better use and repair the cades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I have no obligation to do that. Hop on the server and watch me.
    That was uncalled for.

You did not answer what should the stasis bag be used for, only what can and can't it be used for. Your custom med recipes are copied verbatim from the wiki (there are much faster and/or cost efficient methods for preparing some of the medicines here). For these two iffy answers, extremely basic quirk choice that the council had expressly warned people in the past NOT to take, and the attitude this is gonna be a -1 from me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was uncalled for.

You did not answer what should the stasis bag be used for, only what can and can't it be used for. Your custom med recipes are copied verbatim from the wiki (there are much faster and/or cost efficient methods for preparing some of the medicines here). For these two iffy answers, extremely basic quirk choice that the council had expressly warned people in the past NOT to take, and the attitude this is gonna be a -1 from me.
    Stasis bag answer, what it should be used for is implied. Faster/cost efficient is your opinion, I do recipes like that without losing energy and I fill the chemvendor so the line is quick. Frankly it seems you're trying to nitpick ways to throw this a -1. I'll post my playtimes at council request.
    Edit: and to add, I've sent my app to councilors before I posted and not one of them ruled against my quirk.
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-13-2020 at 09:12 PM. Reason: edit note

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not nitpicking, the app overall is mediocre for a moderator and the roleplay-related sections of it are substandard for reasons mentioned above. It's always been like this in recent times idk why you giving me attitude or being so defensive about playtime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for applying.

(Firstly, it's his right not to give you his playtime, really no need to take it personally. While it doesn't help his app, it shouldn't be a negative factor.)

Personally I can't vouch for your capabilities but that's due to lack of playtime on my part, perhaps someone else can vouch for you.
    You being a Captain is atleast a positive indicator regarding your capabilities and your answers seem good to me.
    Now, the story is fine. It's within acceptable levels, but it didn't blow me away. If I had to use a single adjective to describe it, I would describe it as "basic" (That's the story itself, the writting on the other hand is good.). You can get the general gist of your quirk in it, but I would've appreciated if it was shown a bit more.

Could you give me an example for the "posh"/aristocratic/educated speech of your synth?
    For example you could write me a short dialogue with the CMO; you've brought someone back from the colony infected by the black goo and now you're discussing what to do with them. (Or you could just explain to me what your idea of "posh speech" is or explain shortly how your Chracter is going to act aristocraticly.)
    Last edited by Xywenx; 10-14-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current playtimes shouldn't be used for whitelist applications, as they don't show much information other than the total playtime as a job. They also only started recording approximately 3 weeks ago.

A different version of playtimes will be recorded for dev use (soon) which'll include monthly playtimes and generally more details about what a person has played when, which the council may be able to use in the future.
    Last edited by Watermelon914; 10-14-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic