User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basedoperator - Synthetic Application

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can Vouch for Daniel Morgan, seen em and he's heavily active as Moderator and CM Player. Can be quite knowledgeable and isn't some newbie to the game. Over the years has shown some promise by being highly competent but what I do like to look for is somebody with character. We aren't looking for generic sort, you have character though bit iffy on British act I noticed some Synthetics are doing that sort of route. The thing is I do believe you can pull it off, which I would like to see. Seen you as XO and at times CO highly effective while maintaining character. You got my +1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He makes dah big unga juice tanks and it make me happy

Also, I can vouch for his medicing. On one prison round I kept getting hurt and he'd keep healin' me and stuff while even dealing with other lads. So uh yeah. +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xywenx View Post
    Could you give me an example for the "posh"/aristocratic/educated speech of your synth?(Or you could just explain to me what your idea of "posh speech" is or explain shortly how your Chracter is going to act aristocraticly.)
    As a synthetic, my vernacular would be based in using literal and extensive, scientific terminology instead of slang. My dialect would be based in a quaint standard of the upper echelon with a spin from the 1800s, using very sparse slang and speaking from a very elevated position. Little sarcasm would be used and very little out-right emotion would be synthesized while preserving the personality. I would address officers and such with their respective titular ranks and issue a salute to whenever I would greet them, and would behave regarding to various Victorian customs regarding greetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong vouch for his medical knowledge. Have worked in medbay many times when he is CMO, and he always does a great job.

I have also seen him as an RO, and have never had issues with him in the role.

+1 from me, hope to see Pompous Paul in the near future.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post

+1
    awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APPLICATION:The application and quirk are passable. The story is a little short' though that's just my own personal preference and won't hold that against you.

KNOWLEDGE:I near constantly observe these days, and I've seen you around and have witnessed that you have the mechanical skill needed for the role.

OTHER: This is where things unfortunately falter. I feel like I often see too much combativeness from you. [Shitposting in discord and such not applying, it's SS13 and everyone does that and it has no bearing on this stuff anyway.] Just recently you received a whitelist warning, and regardless of your reasoning behind your actions there, this is absolutely the type of behavior we don't need translating over to synthetic play. Based on what I've seen said in the discord, I'm sure you're already tired of that being brought up and I don't do so maliciously, but please understand that restraint is a HUGE deal for synthetic players. It's that fine line between rushing into the hive to “defend” the marines and staying behind to revive the giant pile of dead marines, and that temptation is all too real.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give my disapproval FOR NOW. I will be continuing to pay attention to you in game and if I see you flying straight and true, I'll be switching my vote to a positive one.
    Best of fortunate and I hope to be changing my vote soon and welcoming you into the robot club.

-1 FOR NOW
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    I feel like I often see too much combativeness from you. Just recently you received a whitelist warning
    I understand your concerns and I appreciate you replying. Personally and from what I've seen the BE itself was declared justified if maybe hasty (but this is not a report discussion so I won't continue to justify anything). IIRC a verbal warning is not a recorded strike towards my de-whitelisting(?). I don't believe that my perhaps perceived aggressive in nature as a Commanding Officer would translate to me front-line combating as a synthetic. I believe that I am most definitely restrained enough and educated in support roles to do the job. I don't mean to come off as "combative" necessarily and I do try to be understanding of what people perceive me as and will definitely continue to be more perceptive of such things.
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-24-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The recent CO situation isn't enough of a problem for me to be concerned; you had synths vouch for your competency in mechanical skills, the application itself is fine, no worries.

+1, good luck.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    As a synthetic, my vernacular would be based in using literal and extensive, scientific terminology instead of slang. My dialect would be based in a quaint standard of the upper echelon with a spin from the 1800s, using very sparse slang and speaking from a very elevated position. Little sarcasm would be used and very little out-right emotion would be synthesized while preserving the personality. I would address officers and such with their respective titular ranks and issue a salute to whenever I would greet them, and would behave regarding to various Victorian customs regarding greetings.
    Hi. We've had a few synth apps with the same quirk recently which is a bit iffy imo, but your quirk seems quite alot more specific which is why I can pass it. Since I've seen people vouch for your abilities, even those that -1'ed you, I can finally give a verdict, continuing my commemt from earlier (page 1).

It'll be a +1 from me. I wish you good luck and hope to see you around. Im going to check in with the council regarding the supposed Warning, though.

Update: I'm dismissing the issue with the warning. It is CO specific and holds no value for Synth WL, it is also not formal.
    Last edited by Xywenx; 10-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.