Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synthetic Dossier: Tara

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

NAME: Tara
    HAIR: Medium blond
    EYES: Cobalt blue
    SKIN: Light

COMMISSIONING DATE: 08-03-2185 (5 years, 3 months in service as of 10-11-2190 out of 60 yr. initial service life)
    AFFILIATION: United States Colonial Marine Corps, Synthetic Support Div. (fmr. Halladay Medical Center)
    TYPE: Medical Synthetic mdl. MD-130-T
    SERIAL NO: TR-1030-3000
    ASSIGNED HANDLER: Dr. Amanda Rosenstein
    PERMANENT ASSIGNMENT: USS Yukon, Third Fleet 2nd Battlegroup
    COMMANDING OFFICER: CDRE Samantha Maverick

Transcript 1: Taken from an interview with Dr. Amanda Rosenstein, known for her work in W-Y as a renowned synthetic researcher.

BACKGROUND: Dr. Rosenstein was asked to give a background about Tara, the synthetic she cares for as Handler. These are her thoughts.

Rosenstein:
    "You know how if a puppy or a kitten does something stupid, like bump their head into a mirror or chase their tail, we humans go 'aww' at it and call it cute? Tara does more or less the same thing to humans. She absolutely loves us, for some reason, especially if someone does something clumsy or otherwise demonstrates what she likes to call 'bonding'. Lately she hasn't been very vocal about it but she does genuinely - well, as 'genuine' as a synthetic can get - treat people with a really caring attitude. She wants them to be happy, just as a pet owner wants their pet to be happy.

And, honestly, it's not entirely unfounded. Her initial work was in the Halladay Medical Center on Earth, where she functioned as a nurse for both adults and children, often doing stuff like playing with the kids and telling the adults jokes and funny stories she picked up. They loved her for it, and I think it was pretty unfortunate that the hospital eventually had her enroll to the military. Like, you'd think, she cared for sick people for god's sake - she'd be the last person you'd expect to be working with soldiers, let alone Marines, these gruff, tough men and women who have guns in their hands and are constantly waiting to kick ass or something like that. Every part of logic would tell you that'd be a disastrous combination. But, somehow... it worked."

Transcript 2.

BACKGROUND: Taken July 2190. Tara was asked on her opinions of working in the USCM.

Tara:
    "I did hear stories, you know, from the folks I used to work with back then, stories about these Marines, and I pictured a cadre of gigantic dudes with rifles who constantly shouted to 'kill and maim'. I was hesitant at first to go, you know - these guys sounded like they'd have no room for someone like me! But I got convinced to play along, and look where it got me! They're actually really nice people if you get to know them a bit, and they do some stuff I find to be incredibly cute too.

Like when they do what they call 'war cries' and howl and yell like wolves, it's such a weird thing to see for me but I can see why they like doing it so much - team spiriiit! Right? And how they do some playful catfighting with each other and it all sometimes looks like a drunken brawl, and I have... I have seen it get messy, yeah, but most of the time it was just good fun! They all laughed about it afterward, too, something which I also find amazing, how they can be so fierce and aggressive one moment, and the next it's like - it's like they were always best friends!

You'd think your impression of Marines, especially one of someone like me - they'd be cold, battle-hardened killing machines, colder than I am. But, seeing them in action and just hanging out with them a bit - they aren't cold, they're cool! You get what I mean? Haha, you get to realize they're just human, just like the folks I saw at Halladay!"

During her conditioning when she 'joined' the USCM, Tara had received additional programming to teach her advanced combat medical duties as well as a comprehensive program of engineering allowing her to function as a combat medic, doctor, surgeon, and engineer in a singular package, as well as the rest of the plethora of programming and training given to USCM Synthetics as part of standard protocol. Her neural processor was upgraded to be capable of handling and executing the new instructions well, and she has taken a liking to her new abilities.

Her current commanding officer, CDRE Maverick, allows Tara plenty of downtime in between missions, allowing her to read up on the world. She has taken an interest in reading as a result, often asking for permission to tap from the Yukon's own library. She has taken a liking to biographies, and occasionally asks Marines for their own life stories, in order for her to experience, through storytelling, what it is like to grow up, develop and mature as a person.

Something she never had the chance to experience.

Favorites

Favorite...

Color: Cobalt blue - Her eye color.
    Creature: Human - She finds them cute.
    Animal: Goldfish - She frequently fed and played with goldfish during her stay at Halliday.
    Pastime: Reading biographies - She wants to know what growing up and having a life is like.
    Number: 1030 - Her serial number.

Trivia

• At one point she tried cooking, only for the food to be 'terrible' as she lacked a clear sense of taste and couldn't know what the food tasted like.
    • When asked if she would rather be a human or a Synthetic, she said she was content with being the latter. "I can take care of people without having to worry about myself too much," she said.
    Last edited by naut; 10-28-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this a brand new "Cassie"
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna comment earlier, so pretend that my comment is above Albert's. Aherm:

You should play synth more often, we never have one, and when you wake up, say something so I don't have to BE you when I hear "The synth just died" at 13:45, because I didn't even know we had a synth to begin with.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    is this a brand new "Cassie"
    no

she's not
    Synthetic Tara

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pleasure synf
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no tara is WHOLESOME!!!
    Synthetic Tara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wholesome story. Me likey.

Not sure if I've seen your Synth in-game yet, sadly, but I'll keep an eye out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benedict is still better
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im human

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's some really cool lore and subtle storytelling in this dossier, i'm very fond of it

this is so cool
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator