Byond ID?
    FortyPercent

CM Character?
    Bob Dangerzone Hale, most commonly

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-20, though I find myself playing less lately than I used to during summer.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Mod in some smaller discords and phpBB forums, usually RP-related and in German.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    CEV-Eris, some /tg/, though neither a lot lately.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No ss-13 servers

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check note history for past behaviour, then message them that shooting people goes a bit above normal round shenanigans and that it's not allowed. Beyond that, assuming they're not a repeat offender, it's being handled IC so leave a note and move on.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I already have first hand experience with that one. Unless it's something crazy that requires direct intervention, provide him with the ckey of the Predator, remind him to make sure to remember the time stamp of when it happened and point him at the report forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    See if there's a SEA around. If so, point him at the poor PVT. If not, and I have time one my hands, bwoink the baldie with the usual SEA spiel. if I have my hands full, see if any member of their squad or any other mentor is around to take them by the hand, likely over mhelp.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Check if notes if there's anything about behaviour like that previously, and act accordingly. If there's no previous notes, tell him that he's stuck with me, but that, if he thinks I'm breaking any staff rules, he can report me on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Bwoink with reminder about naming rules and that he might want to check the server rules again. Then asking him what he'd like to change his name into, and reminder to fix his preferences before next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Marine Law infractions aren't a mod-issue, unless they involve griefing. So I'd let him carry on his merry way.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Inform the marine that I'll have a chat with the survivor, then message the survivor and remind him that survivors aren't allowed to be hostile to marines unless they have a special antagonist role. Also, checking his notes to see if that's a theme with him.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Figure out who their arresting officer is, and then have a chat with 'em about why. If there's other reasons, that's fine. In that case I might have a chat with the prisoner about ahelping and leaving out information. If not, I remind the MP that there are maximum sentences and that he needs to read marine law again. And should let the marine go.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    QM message telling the xenos to stop faffing about and start attacking. Or, if the xenos have no queen to launch the DS, HC fax for the CO to order a deployment, possibly with some MOOC encouragement for the Marines to stop being cowards. And if that not works, I suppose I can abomb the xenos? Maybe. I'm unsure if mods can do that.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I'm personally involved, at least somewhat, I'll ahelp for another mod/admin to look into it. But if nobody else is around, and since it looks like it might be griefing, I'll message them myself and ask what's going on.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Unga on CLF isn't EORG, and hostilities don't need to end because the round ended. Which I'd tell the poor CLF guy.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Likely just an IC issue, so I inform the victim to tell MP. On lowpop, when there's unlikely to be MP, I might message the marine and tell 'em to cool it.

Depending on the severity and note history of the thief, though, I might choose sterner words and apply a warning or worse.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Sounds like classic disproportionate escalation of force. Which is against server rules. So a stern talking with the offender, and a check on the notes if they've done it before.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC reminder that there is no sanctioned mutiny. Possibly with some mass-sleeping, if that still doesn't quiet them down after a few warnings. Assuming mods can do that.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Alas, racism is no longer allowed in the USCM and on the server, so I'd have to follow up on that and remind the perpetrator of that fact.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    That's textbook griefing and a permaban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    message them, tell them that's absolutely not allowed and, depending on their response and note history, either issue a sternly worded formal warning or an outright faction ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Send 'em a message and tell 'em to cut it out. Depending on note history or severity, harsher measures might be in order as well.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelper that xeno-lingu is absolutely encourage-able, but that there are no actual rules against using marine-lingu.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Remind the command staff player that we have expected contact, but no knowledge of xenos before first contact. If it's a CO, possibly inform the council.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    It's not EORG yet, so no automatic ban. I'd probably check the logs and maybe shoot a message to the other two marines. If he roleplayed it, it's fine. That's something someone would reasonably do. If he just unloaded without a word and then immediately climbed into the freezer just to get into the ERT, I might note him for powerplay. Case by case differences.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Yelling at staff is against the rules. Mute him if mods can do that. Also tell him where he can report me if he thinks I broke code of conduct or rules, but if he continues giving me shit I might have to ask an Admin/Manager for help.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him that there's no rules against attacking SSD characters, so he'd better hurry to the nearest operating table.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Shoot them a private message to try and clear it up. Maybe escalate it to an Admin/Manager if that chat goes nowhere, just to clear up which one of us was in the right there so that same issue doesn't crop up again.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    My first instinct would be not to get involved at all, really. But if it seems like this'll just end in bad blood or a shouting match, remind them that they can always just bring it up to the Mod-Manager for a final call on who's right or not.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    CM is, for longer than any other server in the past, my favourite SS13 hangout. And I've seen the staff grumble about being shorthanded often enough that I figured I might try and give back a little for the hundreds of hours of fun by helping out myself.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Hrm. Tricky. I'd say calm professionalism. A willingness to look at any issue objectively, and to try and find a solution that ensures the least amount of disruption in enjoyment for everyone involved.

Anything else you
    I got a recent note for reckless tonking, but the staffer who gave me that note encouraged me to just try for the application anyway. So here I go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain't gonna go through your answers as Nanu and other staff will do so.

You're one hell of a guy, active as hell, and have a sense of honor when I try to machete.

No reason for you to not moderate the server unless you were dumb and got a note of course....

+1 from retired gang and I hope to the highest of ungas that you get on the team. ALSO READ GUIDES IF YOU DO.

- Doctor Compy, Retired Moderator/Maker of Guides

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were noted yesterday and the guidelines do require you to be note-free for a month with little exceptions but..
    I think you'd be a solid fit. I know you're a good guy and a good mentor.
    +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everything looks good to me i came out of my retirement hole to read this also to admit your active and a good standing person you have another +1 from retired gang
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted.

Check your DM's on discord and Forum PM's for more information.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer