Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    1A. That is sedition clearly and I would (considering his access to MP communications) I would order the MPs to their brig to handle a problem. Tell them of the true nature of the arrest, setup a proper cordon around CIC and then arrest him.Of course the more easy answer would be to BE him but that'd be improper (probably would though if that plan fell through) and let me remind you my character doesn't like inglorious death.
    What would be improper about BEing an XO committing sedition?

2A. Damage to government property and Trespass (DTGP if he did any damage to the doors or otherwise) since Jones is just a cat and not a person. The appeal will be conducted by an MP who wasn't involved in the arrest, and
    they'd follow the appeal section of ML. (I don't need to repeat this surely, it's a nightmare to even answer questions on a phone)
    1. You got the charges completely wrong. One of the most basic stumps in ML is that Jones has the same rights as a marine and killing them would be murder 2. I ASKED you the question to know how you would handle the appeal because appeals are something most people fuck up. Pissing off the question because you're on your phone makes no sense for a WHITELIST application.

4A. Considering he has just committed several accounts of manslaughter and disobeyed orders and is posing an incredible threat to the operation, a battle field execution would be in order.
    You would BE an SO who could've done this on accident and is also possibly a bald new player, but make a stringent and complicated plan to get rid of the XO? You didn't even try to talk to them. Your standards for what justifies BE are out of whack. This contradicts your "last resort" answer as well.

5A They have broken marine law so I'd Ahelp about it. No need to take time out of my IC operational duty.
    Just because they're getting punished OOCly doesn't mean IC things don't have to be handled. You also don't really tell me what's WRONG with what they did so I don't really know if you know what's wrong.

I have very little confidence in your knowledge of marine law and your answers show a certain lack of tact or standard. There's a common problem with applicants and is that while even if they would make a good XO, that doesn't always translate into CO. You don't have the experience, the knowledge, the vindication. You definitely need to work on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    What would be improper about BEing an XO committing sedition?

1. You got the charges completely wrong. One of the most basic stumps in ML is that Jones has the same rights as a marine and killing them would be murder 2. I ASKED you the question to know how you would handle the appeal because appeals are something most people fuck up. Pissing off the question because you're on your phone makes no sense for a WHITELIST application.

You would BE an SO who could've done this on accident and is also possibly a bald new player, but make a stringent and complicated plan to get rid of the XO? You didn't even try to talk to them. Your standards for what justifies BE are out of whack. This contradicts your "last resort" answer as well.

Just because they're getting punished OOCly doesn't mean IC things don't have to be handled. You also don't really tell me what's WRONG with what they did so I don't really know if you know what's wrong.

I have very little confidence in your knowledge of marine law and your answers show a certain lack of tact or standard. There's a common problem with applicants and is that while even if they would make a good XO, that doesn't always translate into CO. You don't have the experience, the knowledge, the vindication. You definitely need to work on this.

Jesus christ did I murder your dog? Your downright "Aha but what about this! go fuck yourself" never before have I seen someone reply to answers so fraudly stringent with "got you!" Almost like you wish a hundred pounds of malice and caractuerised sherlock wit.

I'm dammed if I Battlefield execute and dammed if I don't, I'm dammed if I express my character's morals and dammed if I don't. Might aswell not had answered to save myself from a "but you're subjectively an idiot, -1" I think in light of recent answers to -1 your criticism for inexperience (i myself have no evidence of but an eye for an eye) it's awful support to applicants and a sense of smugness. Would be wonderful if they whitelisted questioners.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've taken my entire post the wrong way. There is no smugness or gotchas. I gave you questions and you didn't answer them to the standard I found acceptable after answering the app's questions wrong. Other people have seen your answers to my questions and come to the same consensus. Read Marine Law and come back in a month.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ did I murder your dog? Your downright "Aha but what about this! go fuck yourself" never before have I seen someone reply to answers so fraudly stringent with "got you!" Almost like you wish a hundred pounds of malice and caractuerised sherlock wit.

I'm dammed if I Battlefield execute and dammed if I don't, I'm dammed if I express my character's morals and dammed if I don't. Might aswell not had answered to save myself from a "but you're subjectively an idiot, -1" I think in light of recent answers to -1 your criticism for inexperience (i myself have no evidence of but an eye for an eye) it's awful support to applicants and a sense of smugness. Would be wonderful if they whitelisted questioners.
    Lashing out at people in such a childish manner on your own application is a perfect way to demonstrate your unwillingness to listen to criticism and an inability to communicate issues and problems in an effective manner, and has no place in a demanding role such as CO, where your actions and words will be scrutinized constantly by the entire marine server population.

Come back in a month when you've matured enough to analyze your own words and next time think before angrily responding like this to appropriate questions and points about your application. Your character shows when do you react in such a way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzubishi View Post
    Lashing out at people in such a childish manner on your own application is a perfect way to demonstrate your unwillingness to listen to criticism and an inability to communicate issues and problems in an effective manner, and has no place in a demanding role such as CO, where your actions and words will be scrutinized constantly by the entire marine server population.

Come back in a month when you've matured enough to analyze your own words and next time think before angrily responding like this to appropriate questions and points about your application. Your character shows when do you react in such a way.

There is skeptical constructive criticism, and then there is that... not to be insulting but he was very condescending in his message and I just hate that, makes my blood boil, on top of his well... stating of the obvious as if I don't understand, taking heed is certainly something I should do due (and in fact have) I have severe respect for prompt and (most importantly) polite people who take time out of their days to question and construct, but when a person shows such awful display of capitalising THEIR entire word and acting as though I'm some sort of dementia ridden grandparent who got all this tipsy turvy for the sake of not knowing Marine Law when I do, and the reasoning behind not filling out the whole appeal is because I'm on a fucking phone I don't bloody use often and its a simple bloody process that shouldn't have to be spelt out. I'm sorry my time isn't limitless on holiday to reinvent the wheel... I've gone angry again, sorry. But my point still stands, constructive criticism is fine and a great service, being condescending under the guise it helps me understand the things I already know (I'm a moderator for christ sake) and giving responses to my answers that aren't (for the most part) marine law saying under the guise that it is marine law and I am inexperienced is more of an insult then anything. Believe it or not under the angry 'flame' I have produced I'm rational and a learner, just don't act like everyone needs a kindergarten lesson or something.

God I've ranted far too long, see you chaps later when this ultimately gets rejected for trying to be my own person... I'm going to bed before any more of my holiday is ruined.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app is decent but doesn't stand out in any way, and the way you've answered questions posed by community members is very, very telling of both your relative inexperience with the ins-and-outs of the role as well as your inability to take constructive criticism or admit your mistakes.

Overall you've left a very poor impression. Even if you did excel in the rounds where you play a command role (which I can attest you haven't) I'd deny you simply on the basis of your vitriol. This behaviour is frankly unacceptable, even ignoring the higher bar set by command roles.

Take some time to cool off and learn from more experienced players before applying again.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be entirely honest this is my first time seeing the new Whitelist application, but from what I can see your original answers were acceptable enough. You claim to have good XO experience, and I have seen you once or twice, but never as my XO or as an SL. You would do well to take Compy's advice for that one, for me I played (and still play) far more SL then XO, and I was able to acquire the WL. Your quirk is certainly do-able, and not too overplayed (if this were a synth app I would say change it). For what its worth I enjoyed your story too, although I can't say that means much to the CO WL these days. I'm almost certain I have seen people submit apps with a fake story link, and get a few +1s. Frankly I think your call not to BE the XO was the right one, but that's just how I see it and I know others beg to differ. Your other responses though ranged from poorly thought out to just being a dick to people asking questions. So I'm going to go against the grain here and for now I will give the most tentative +1 I have given. I want to give you a chance, so let me just say this: I hope to see some more from you in the near future, although I admit I have been less active of late. Give another dickhead response or make some seriously shitty XO calls though and I will swap to a -1.
    Last edited by BatHoovyDood; 10-14-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you reacted so poorly to someone who left their opinion/feedback, negates any positives you may have had in your application.

It reads like a copy pasta.

If you can't handle feedback here, how am I to believe you won't do it when the salt goblins guarding dead chat try to collect their toll.

<::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much else to be said here, honestly.

Your application was given criticism, which, regardless of whether it can be interpreted as condescending or not, can at least be taken as criticism. The issues on your application were already pointed out and you reacted to it in a way that says you're not very capable of handling raw, un-sugarcoated criticism.

Here's the thing - as a CO you're gonna get a lot more criticism. And not all of it's constructive - you're gonna be salted at, blamed, called a bad captain by players and 9 times out of 10 they do it without saying what you did wrong. Even your own XOs and SOs can and will eventually attest to you lacking in one field or another, and it shows what kind of person you are by how you handle such negative responses.
    If you lash out at someone who does tell you what you did do wrong, who knows how much you're gonna lash out at someone who just calls you bald/bad/incompetent/idiotic and leave it at that?

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to go with my fellow councilors here and leave a -1 on this app. Feel free to try again next month.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're planning to be CO, you need to have a thick skin throughout your conduct.

When you break here, in the WL app, it shows you're going to be very upset when you play as CO.

In many occasions when you try your best to support your marines while dealing with marine law, requisition and even power (depending on server pop), someone will tell you that you're not good enough and that you shouldn't be a CO regardless of how you've tried your best. You will be insulted even for the smallest things despite your efforts. And this happens very often.

What you should have done for this particular incident is to fight through Basedoperator's questions and skeptism. With the feedback he has given you, you would have enough knowledge on how to tackle your next application because you will meet very peculiar marine law cases as CO. Lots.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler: