User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fellas, do you think playing Marine is still as fun as it was pre-MOBA and all that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellas, do you think playing Marine is still as fun as it was pre-MOBA and all that

In my opinion, its been more unfun to play Marine after they dropped the MOBA xenos update. What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, macro spamming xeno mains killed the fun tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skill ceiling went through the roof for xenos, but marine skill ceiling is still pretty low. Disparity in capability really shows itself when an Elder xeno solo's half a squad.

On another note, I find the ability of boilers to fire through clear resin and windows to be a major ??? moment. Reduces ability to counter them, and they easily shred cades alone instead of providing covering gas for xenos to approach and slash cades themselves (kind of kills the teamwork there).

Can't remember if this came with moba, but giving every single T2+ the ability to slash walls has made engineer even less fun to play. Its come to the point where walls are a liability since they wont stop xenos, but they also provide cover for xenos. Cade every single wall, or the entire FOB defense instantly crumbles to a random lurker.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, you can point at any serious change and say that x was the reason that marines are worse to play as. Back when MOBA dropped and bugs either got stomped for not understanding their abilities or wiped marines in half an hour, was it less fun? Yeah maybe, but at this point the difference between how it feels to play marine now and then seems fairly negligible. PB still stomps t1s and t2s, CAS still clears out hives, and the m41a still will be the backbone of the marine forces. Of all the things currently "killing" CM, MOBA is pretty low on the list for me.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck moba all my homies hate moba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I can add "boilers shooting through solid windows" to the moba list, next to "crushers now are lurkers but better", and "rav meta is walking into marines with shard shield active"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer MOBA, feels less cheesy and gives marines an opportunity on fighting back, before moba you had neuro from boiler, a shit ton of stuns, lots of decaps and abilities that could one shot you (dancer prae) with the press of a button

In fact good T3s can create serious xeno stomps which can be an issue, i think people misunderstand that MOBA takes skill to master, I am a marine main and whenever i play prae i get baby nae nae'd since i dont have macros nor a good understanding on how to play the caste
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    I prefer MOBA, feels less cheesy and gives marines an opportunity on fighting back, before moba you had neuro from boiler, a shit ton of stuns, lots of decaps and abilities that could one shot you (dancer prae) with the press of a button

In fact good T3s can create serious xeno stomps which can be an issue, i think people misunderstand that MOBA takes skill to master, I am a marine main and whenever i play prae i get baby nae nae'd since i dont have macros nor a good understanding on how to play the caste
    Before moba, xeno had neuro from boilers, stuns, decaps, ability that could oneshot you... and all that was overall more fun than current xeno gameplay!
    The capture loop was neat, and prepermanest guarded hive were also cool.
    Nowday the capture loop suck ass, most of xeno dont bother capturing, and if your a murheen getting captured mean you are forced into ghosting... i dont see the fun in that.

Nowdays t1 and t2 are mostly useless while t3 do all the work. and this suck...
    They also removed the xeno maturing, so now t3 can keep spawning fresh and keep stomping murheens even if the previous t3 died... it can be instantly replaced with its full strenght from the start... basicly remooving any reward for staying alive long as a xeno... while mega punishing murheens for no reason, and most importantly completly destroy any chance survivor had to survive.

The post moba game feel pretty dumbed down and streamlined... becaus it as been.
    the rounds went from good playtime (2-3 hour) where roleplayer had time to make interesting stuff happen, to SPEED RUN GOOO! (half of round end in less than 30 minute after deployement...) speed runs only make tdm kids happy... most of the player base dislike speed runs.

Basicly, most of the non-tdm player base HATE the new mecanics and streamlining that happened since the permanest fuckup. this mean permanest, moba, stuctures, combat hugger remooval, maturity remooval... all those bullshit changes are simply making the game WORST than it was.

-=-=-=-=-

Rune-Chat and the APC vehicule option are the ONLY REAL MAJOR IMPROOVEMENT CM have known since the permanest update.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think macros should be disabled.

It skewers the balance for new players, creates an ability gap between those who use them and those who don't.

People notice the seemingly OP, which results in nerfs which further damage the baseline strength of the average non macro player.

Its the same reason why I hated the manual shotgun pumping, it's just a needless thing which hurt new players and standard players due it's dated game design.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I think macros should be disabled.

It skewers the balance for new players, creates an ability gap between those who use them and those who don't.

People notice the seemingly OP, which results in nerfs which further damage the baseline strength of the average non macro player.

Its the same reason why I hated the manual shotgun pumping, it's just a needless thing which hurt new players and standard players due it's dated game design.
    disabling macros breaks so many things like shotgun pumping outside of the IC tab or dedicated unique-action button

also fucks over preds who now have to do everything from yautja tab.

setting up a macro is super easy so you really have no reason for not doing it. I do agree that pick up macros are excessively aids and they should probably be disabled, but those are the only ones which are extremely problematic. being able to scope in, use an ability should not be locked to the super annoying context button that you have to move your mouse almost half a screen to get to.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang