User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fellas, do you think playing Marine is still as fun as it was pre-MOBA and all that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    your opinion
    Well, I personally wasnt a big fan of it, most things you pointed out were discussed several times on discord, sure capture loop was okay for marines, but xenos felt babysitting marines or they would turn into only true faith and bomb themselves along with hive was kinda boring, imagine if we had masallah bombings with OT nades inside hive

and regarding long rounds being better, thats up to tastes, some didnt liked it because it was quite boring and felt tiring as it was, remember this is mid 2019 gameplay, you had mega FOBs that would cade up to ten lines of defenses, buggy DEFCON that wasnt as efficient and an overall uninteresting press one button to win horse with xenos, imagine if you were a doctor for 3/4 hours straight because marines werent good enough at finishing earlier and xenos are stuck struggling to break through thousands of cades, its mind numbing for shipside roles.

And combat hugging wasnt really great... hugger sniping was cursed
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah i like watching players adapt overtime and give me a challenge instead of them being too fishbrained to click an ability whilst i kill them in two shots with 2019 dated satanizer buckshot; it makes for a funner game when you actually have to work to outplay opponents that are good at the game. barring roleplay, which someone will bring up soon in a TDM discussion (nvm already happened)
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about keybinding in setup character tab? so setting up basic macros like xeno abilities is not so unplesant. Also changable basic keybinding would be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Can't remember if this came with moba, but giving every single T2+ the ability to slash walls has made engineer even less fun to play. Its come to the point where walls are a liability since they wont stop xenos, but they also provide cover for xenos. Cade every single wall, or the entire FOB defense instantly crumbles to a random lurker.
    ^^^^^^^
    Who the fuck thought giving Tier 2s the ability slash FUCKING WALLS APART was a good idea or even a needed addition. Like when were walls such a big deal for xenos or marines ? Xenos had both the Crusher and the Ravager for taking down walls and fortifications why do they need to also give such an ability to fucking Lurkers and Warriors ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Who the fuck thought giving Tier 2s the ability slash FUCKING WALLS APART was a good idea or even a needed addition. Like when were walls such a big deal for xenos or marines ? Xenos had both the Crusher and the Ravager for taking down walls and fortifications why do they need to also give such an ability to fucking Lurkers and Warriors ?
    Because they clearly want less fob usage and more Call of Duty.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    disabling macros breaks so many things like shotgun pumping outside of the IC tab or dedicated unique-action button

also fucks over preds who now have to do everything from yautja tab.

setting up a macro is super easy so you really have no reason for not doing it. I do agree that pick up macros are excessively aids and they should probably be disabled, but those are the only ones which are extremely problematic. being able to scope in, use an ability should not be locked to the super annoying context button that you have to move your mouse almost half a screen to get to.
    If something in the game requires a macro, it's usually due to poor game design, we should address the actual root of the problem, rather than allowing on the bandage which is macros.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God no, don't remove macros. You guys might think it seems smart now, but you won't think it's as fun when every bald xeno attacks at a rate of 1 attack every 3 seconds due to the workout of will that is moving your mouse across the entire screen. Most of the time, pick-up macros are necessary as well, as xenos and marines (if you're playing pred) will sit on your weapon, leaving you with no ability to pick it up. Furthermore, removing macros (like unique-action) will remove a lot of ability in the game, and likely turn every round into a xeno major and dwindle the server pop. Everyone will end up using pulse rifle or something, and proceed to get shredded by xenos who still just need one click to kill you regardless.

The removal of macros is inane. I get your thinking, but it's not a reflected opinion when you consider the consequences.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    If something in the game requires a macro, it's usually due to poor game design, we should address the actual root of the problem, rather than allowing on the bandage which is macros.
    We're playing ss13, it's literally the pinnacle of poor game design. Macros are a neccessary evil so that we can keep the complexity of current gameplay as well as the easy to use keybinds instead of context buttons. Macros also allow us to transmit basic information during combat where time is of the essence and we can't talk directly : for example, my "stop moving I need to heal you" macro, my "stop pushing me I need to make a cade here" macro, my "I need to repair a cade here, stop moving me" macro, etc, etc.

If I had to move my mouse half a screen to toggle my underbarrel flamer as pyro spec a fuck ton more of marines would die to blue fire

if I had to move my mouse to activate shield smartpack as synth i would be one very dead robit

Think of how bad it would be in these niche cases; now think of how absolutely AIDS it would be for xenos who have to use these context buttons constantly. Moving your mouse halfway across the screen is bad game design, macros are good game design

Improve don't remove!
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you people forget what we had before MOBA? Do you honestly think 2 hours of chokepoint gameplay with RG Praes and Dancers murdering the shit out of everybody was better than MOBA? Yellow boiler gas sleeping people for 99999 years? Old Hedgehog?

What a joke lmao. I'd say the community loves their rose-tinted glasses but we're in binoculars stage at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know, the game seems to get less and less fun every time i play it
    its hard to have solid moments when all the rounds are a loop, there is only so much you can do in thsi case.

real rare to have a lot of fun, the best round i can remember is from about 1+ month ago when i was CMP and managed to legally arrest xo and his 3 lts, leaving CO alone in cic.
    seems like all the good moments now are "wow i killed this xeno!"
    since this is not a thread discussing RP i will leave it at this.

xeno gameplay got more fun after moba, but i do miss sniping with my boiler or ramming shit with croosha