User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fellas, do you think playing Marine is still as fun as it was pre-MOBA and all that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only *real* problem with moba is the fling abilities, crusher charge being removed in favour of a glorified pounce (I dunno if this was moba or not but I miss stompin) and maybe the cooldown speed of queen heal which isnt really a moba thing but fuck it.

M4A1 can actually kill and shoot compared to when I last played.
    Sentinel is actually fun to play and not a dice roll on whether your neuro actually does something.
    Perma nesting yea its shitty when it happens but it was always a pain in the ass trying to keep caps contained.
    Boilers fine, sure it can melt cades faster than you can repair but you can also just rush it and down it quick.
    Prea caste is having a midlife crisis with all its strains cant decide if it wants to cosplay as a rav or spitter.
    shaman carrier... yes
    Lurker having the crit hit that applies slow be separate from pounce makes them aids if you dont have a shotgun to PB.
    Defender needs a speed nerf, why is this T1 faster then me in light armor and a sent ??? ( i dunno if it actually is faster than a sent but it feels like it)
    Wall slashing is a bit shit but ehh
    Hivecore being able to be slashed and moved about is another thing I'm ehh about also pylons whole point of CAS was too help marines push or clear chokes from xenos now marines need too push those chokes before they can clear with CAS and mortars ???
    I know you can off-set and shit but like eww maffs no.

Honestly CM goes in and out of being fun too play, most people might think its shit because they're getting burnt out or because they understand the game a lot better now. But yea as don said it was pretty shit getting slashed once and losing all your limbs cause of some RNG shit then having to spend 15 minutes in medbay queuing cause a bunch of other ungas lost their limbs as well.

Also 6 out of 10 combat castes have a pounce or pounce like ability.
    And I dunno if the rules have changed or what not but it seems like the entire hive waits outside the LZ on most lowpop maps, I know this isnt moba but since its about comparing to gameplay before Im putting it in. It feels pretty shit especially as xeno when this happens cause your basically forcing a rush and then a bunch of xenos bitch about early evac despite them rushing LZ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the gameplay of everything is just a lot faster than it used to be, and the features in the game that got added along with MOBA and since are only encouraging of it. Even if it may have had its ups and downs (pain-crit, neurospam xeno MP on captures, etc), I liked the slower-paced gameplay prior to MOBA, it just felt more immersive and there was more room to make interesting things happen, as simple as taking injuries seriously, immersive xeno-talk or just have a story to tell besides 'OH YEA! I KILLED THE THIRD QUEEN AND MY KILL TALLY THIS ROUND IS AT 7 / OH YEA! I SLAUGHTERED ALL THE UNGAS ON HYDRO ROAD!'. I don't think it will ever get back to a way like that since the general player mentality and the direction, goal, and state of the game is ever so evolving and corresponds to how its developed up to this point, but I know I miss those moments last year (I first started playing a few weeks before the infamous ssethtide)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still enjoy playing as a regular marine before and after the MOBA update, M41A feels a lot better today and I find myself using it more compared to 2 years ago when I first played...If there's changes, I can just adapt on how I play as a marine, I'm always bravo anyways.

On the xeno's side, for the past 2 years, I rarely play other castes other than the sentinel's evolution line, I'm not a fan of the MOBA boiler though, I like the pre-MOBA boiler because of the spray that they have to stun marines and the 2 choices of Neuro and Acid boiler gas, but like I said in the first part, I can adapt to the new gameplay...And also, what happened to the xenos pretending they don't know the actual term of the marine equipment or some stuff? like calling the SADAR "Boomtuber" or HEDP's "Boomsticks" and such? like you know, the mini-rp the xenos have, I like that part of the xeno's side. But I'm just saying. :'D

My only complaint is that the game feels faster, especially being a marine, when we just landed the robust xeno players just bum rush and meta target players, and sometimes didn't get the chance to build FOB or get far in the MAP...*Ahem* prison station *Ahem*...And where is my Ice Colony Map? I liked that map. :'D

Anyways, that's all I can say.
    Last edited by Zaniah; 10-21-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaniah View Post
    ...And where is my Ice Colony Map? I liked that map.
    Ice colony got removed and now we got the new "Ice is Nice" map (AKA Sorokyne Strata). Kinda sad though, since the new players won't get to see the original "Ice is Nice".