Hmm yes I totally play the game.
    Part time player head staff for the win
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been known since the beginning of time, literally every SS13 server allows their staff to play while still being able to see Dchat/use their powers. I'll do my best to address some of your concerns.

- "Staff have god mode"
    No we don't. If we were to try to abuse "god mode" (which I presume just means spam ahealing ourselves) other staff would notice quick as it creates a big fat log for all to see, and I expect it'd take at most 10 minutes for their perms to be removed.

- Do staff have access to Dchat while playing, if so why?
    Yep. This is to prevent just general dumbassery (spamming Dchat with copypastas, ERP, general rule breaks). As staff we're trusted not to use this to give ourselves an unfair advantage, and if you believe somebody's abusing that power you're free to contact their respective manager.

- Can staff see queen/marine announcements while not playing on that particular side, if so why?

This is a newer feature actually, remember when those guys were spamming the announcements with 18+ images and a copy pasta in regards to a now banned member of the community? When these events went down we received 0 logs in game, meaning that staff who were playing xeno had no idea what happened and those that were observing/playing marine didn't know who made the announcement and had to download the logs (which can take a while) to figure who did it. We have access to these logs to help deal with rule breaks and nothing else, as I said before if you believe a staff member is abusing this power feel free to contact their manager.

- "staff should play as NORMAL PLAYER, OR do staff duty: NERVER BOTH AT SAME TIME. staff should not have access to their staff mode WHILE PLAYING AS A PLAYER."

We'd have 0 staff if this was the case, observing is boring.

Apologies if I was a bit wordy, I also just realized how many replies this post has. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    snip
    Nerd

Summarise in 20 words

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Nerd

Summarise in 20 words
    Staff man is good and not a badmin confirmed

Now sign up for mod and spam aheal logs to win
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are treating this as a joke, but you have to remember some of us were around for Apop's usage of admin powers while playing. Fortunately he's long gone and current staff heads seem to try to keep a solid eye on things.

That said, there has been some misinformation spoken of here. God mode DOES exist and it's in the Vedit menu and last I checked on it, doesn't show up in logs. In fact MOST ways to cheat with Var-editing doesn't show up in logs. These were issues I personally had to deal with as staff on another server. The only way to catch it is to realize something is off and check the person's variables. OR have a developer code the server to log variable changes, which is hell to dig through.

Am I suggesting anyone on the current staff abuses the system? No, but if you see something that doesn't feel right it doesn't hurt to report it, Soldier isn't going punish you for trying to make the server safer
    Last edited by Driker; 10-14-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker;
    No, but if you see something that doesn't feel right it doesn't hurt to report it, Soldier isn't going punish you for trying to make the server safer
    Pretty much, myself and the managers can tell when someone reports something serious versus salty little cry baby who can’t comprehend they were punished for breaking rules and in a professional way needs to be told to fuck off.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you were accusing me of a permabannable offense in dchat with no form of substance and began seething when I responded

t
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    Some people are treating this as a joke, but you have to remember some of us were around for Apop's usage of admin powers while playing. Fortunately he's long gone and current staff heads seem to try to keep a solid eye on things.

That said, there has been some misinformation spoken of here. God mode DOES exist and it's in the Vedit menu and last I checked on it, doesn't show up in logs. In fact MOST ways to cheat with Var-editing doesn't show up in logs. These were issues I personally had to deal with as staff on another server. The only way to catch it is to realize something is off and check the person's variables. OR have a developer code the server to log variable changes, which is hell to dig through.

Am I suggesting anyone on the current staff abuses the system? No, but if you see something that doesn't feel right it doesn't hurt to report it, Soldier isn't going punish you for trying to make the server safer
    Fortunately too, many (tho admittedly not all) of the V-edit things are logged more effectively nowadays, and if memory serves godmode is logged now too. I'm not 100% sure if it makes a message, but it is definitely logged.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post

Godmode is logged and a message is shown to staff when someone turns it on via VV, and it also just doesn't even function at all half the time.

All changes made in VV is logged and displayed to all staff members, as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea changing to godmode is 100% logged and shown. I'm certain.