User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LynuahSororitas - Commanding Officer Application

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, just watched a few rounds of them playing SL. I can vouch for their competency of the role and the willingness to play SL to gain my faith (as well as others) for them to play CO.

You now have my solid +1 and my vouch that you're decent enough at SL to play CO.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen them a lot in CIC, and they’re doing very well. Good calls, good announcements, good handling of any craziness that crops up. Certainly deserves their +1

The bans are a bit of a red flag, but I don’t really see that this should affect the WL application. If they fuck up as CO, they get punished, but their performance and effort so far really makes me think that they deserve their shot.
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 10-21-2020 at 05:09 AM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to switch my -1 to a +1, I'm willing to throw a chance their way.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember having you by my side in CIC quite the while ago. You were very competent and keen to learning new strategies. I’ve had no issues with you and want to see you succeed.

I think everything else has been pretty much said. +1
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I wanted to comment on here since I have seen you as XO enough to share what I thought. I think most people will agree that you have a lot of experience as XO and understand the meta and know how to run an OP. I'd say you fall more on the gamer side of the CO approach to a round with how you run an OP. To be fair having time to RP as XO can be tough but I have seen you show enough for me to be happy (medium role play seems to be the standard for COs currently). You have in the past spiced up a brief with a little RP about what is going on and not just giving orders to dismiss. You also did a good job of playing various roles that help you understand the ship from multiple perspectives (CMO, MP). You also seem to be committed to the server from your multiple unsuccessful whitelist applications that has not discouraged you.

As for what I think you could improve on or I didn’t think was good. I have seen you make some LRP announcements typically with netspeak. I think you need to hold yourself to a higher standard in roleplay and be consistent with it. I honestly think you should take a step back and stop grinding yourself to death on XO. I really don’t think anyone is going to call you out for not playing enough XO. Although my vote will be based purely on what I've personally seen from you I do know that your biggest issue is your behavior from what others have said about your application.

I do have a question for you if you choose to answer it as I think it may help people understand your perspective. Regardless if you agree or disagree with the notes you have received for behavior, what do you believe is the reason you have taken things too far in the past (anger/frustration, genuine misunderstanding of the rules/ limits, your characters personality, fatigue or something else)? The question is meant to allow the applicant to address what I feel is an important discussion on this application, by no means do I feel they need to answer this question.

As I said my vote is purely based on my personal experience with the player and does not include rounds that I did not participate in. +1

Tyrus ''Shoeless'' Jackson
    This was my previous post on your last application. I think everything positive here stands true still and since I've seen you play lately you have addressed all my negative concerns. I'll still give you my +1 as I see that you are fit for CO and you are only getting better. Good luck

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you in command personally. We led the CIC together into a nice victory.

Plenty of others here can vouch for your experience and from the looks of it you've demonstrated your ability to command distinguishably. You persevered with all the applications for CO that you made before, and this is it.

I'm willing to overlook the past concerns to give you a +1. Good luck!
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

I end up playing a lot during the times that you're active, so I'm quite familiar with you being in the Commander position.
    Your app itself is decent and the feedback and answers you've given are also pretty good!

I can also attest to you being a competent Commander in both Roleplay and Capability, and you're quite often coming up with various non-meta or at least uncommon strategies to use and I think you get rather invested in commanding, which is good to see.

The only concern is your history of behaviour, but to my understanding that's improving and I'm not personally overly concerned with the most recent notes.

My only feedback to you, after a recent two rounds of supervising you as CO is that you need to remember to use the comms console for announcements and not solely rely on radio communications. Unfortunately, some marines don't pay attention to the radio and need the sound cue to pay attention.

Other than that, I think you'll be a fine CO, and it's good to see you still at it.

+1
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did good on the rounds I observed you and you've got great community support. App holds up, and are a marked improvement over previous attempts. Thus, I have no reason to doubt your competence as a CO.

+1

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Accepted.

Perms will be updated soon.