Approximate time and date of the incident
    18:41
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation

3. Determine the seriousness of the
    issue

5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    Got banned for 1 Day for blowing up a wall in Nexus for the APC to go back to the FOB as a TC.

The ban is just senseless and the moderator in question just seem extremely biased at my point of view, I have just returned to CM and have 0 incidents past in this month besides an EORG ban.

On the scenario in question, our forces were encircled at the LZ and currently retreating as the landing pad defenses were at breaking point and our forces were in a rush to go back. Barricades on the west of Nexus had fallen and we in the APC were desperate.

I got the C4 from our locker within the vehicle to blow up a wall so we could retreat without making a longer manuever which would probably end up in failure.

Despite the time that the C4 has to be planted around 5 seconds + the 10 seconds (+ Time Dilation) that takes to a C4 to blow, marines had plenty of room to react, inumerous marines pointed at the explosive and fell back accordingly.

Griefing is a totally different matter, intentionally disrupting the flow of the game with awful intents, I consider that as an accident at best as mistakes over explosives often happen.

I.E Marines calling bad OBs and resulting in multiple deaths, badly threw grenades and so on.

In my case, I just planted a C4 in fast paced moment of urgency which led to a couple of marines being caught by the blast.

It is ridiculous to think that I left the APC, risking myself as xenos were tiles away and the barricades were already down, just with the intent of griefing marines.

It could have been a bad move but at the very best, punished ICly by the Captain or MPs, if we were to ban every bad move marines made which resulted in any number of casualties, the server wouldn't exist.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    A warning and the removal of my unlawful ban.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally recommended the ban. You placed the C4 in an area full of Marines, have a terrible note history, and the C4 still filled my entire log with FF logs from the blast.

This exceeds what we would allow for incompetence. If I throw a grenade into briefing and everyone doesn't get out of the way, I don't get to blame the people who didn't get out of the way.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are completly different cases, I don't know if you are able to understand but we were in a hurry and had to act fast, issues like that happen every day, Snipers flaking the whole marine push, tanks flaming 10 marines and over and so on and I highly doubt far worse situations like these gets punished, at best with a warning or note.

I do not have a good note history but my bans and notes happened 4 to 5 months ago which is not an excuse, it was an isolated case, if I were someone who constantly placed C4s, that would be a issue but it was a one time thing.

I didn't received any bans other than EORG in the almost 2 months I have been playing CM again. Using a past historic is simply unfair.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LynuahSororitas plants the C4.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Xperia15 dms LynuahSororitas.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under "Rule 4. No Griefing" its specifically stated and i quote from it: "If Staff believes that the player’s intent is to grief, then action will be taken whether or not it was the player’s intent."

It may not have been grief in your eyes but we cannot verify that claim ourselves on what a player thinks as they might be lying, here it was believed to be grief and action was taken. Certain rule violations, such as griefing are treated more harsh than other rules, for example lrp.

The moderator in question and Administrator ingame took action on what they found during the investigation which i believe is correct.

Resolved, Moderator and Administrator was in the right.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer