October 16, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Miles Robinson
    Their BYOND Key
    Bibiex
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:45ish
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    - Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
    Entire Protocols section
    Description of the incident
    CO had broken a rule and I'd ahelped it. Bibiex acknowledged it'd result in a warning, but didn't want to delay the round to investigate it, and said he'd look into the logs during next match.
    I gave him a bit more information during the next match, and he responded rather curtly that he wasn't investigating it, that it wasn't his job to look through logs, and then banned me for 3 hours after I got upset that now that i'd closed the prior client out and lost all the data, he was now saying that the issue wasn't worth his time and it wasn't his job to investigate the Ahelp.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Not sure.. but i'm sitting on a 3 hour ban for ahelping and talking too much with an admin. kinda bitter, but i more just want this to be documented than i want anyone to be punished

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calvindoyl's first a-help.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Calvindoyl's second a-help.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, re-reading my comments, my tone does come across as a bit confrontational - at the time I was being tazed/watching witnesseses getting tazed trying to stop the MP, and I let my frustration with that bleed into my conversation with admin. I apologize for coming across so bluntly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before explaining the situation I'll clear you on what a moderator does. My main task is to deal with in-game moderation. Log diving is something we do to deal with reports/appeals, such as this one, or to get additional information to deal with a situation. When you asked if log diving was my job and I answered no, I wasn't lying. In-game moderation takes priority over that. Log diving is a tool.

Starting with the first ahelp. I didn't tell you at any time that it'd result in a warning for the CO. The CO can order your arrest at any given time but MPs got to investigate it. You failed to properly explain what was happening. I only realized what you were complaining about when you sent me this message, " yeah, my issue is that I didn't say anything about the CO, to the CO, or do anything at all. Dude just ordered me arrested". So I asked if I could consider the situation handled (IC issue) or if you thought the MP failed to follow the Officer Requested Arrest procedure. The reason for asking you this question was to make things clear. You were sending a lot of unnecessary messages. After that, you kept complaining about the server and other things while I was trying to ask you questions to investigate the situation. The round ended at 21:38 so to finish the investigation I would have to delay the game. I deemed it unnecessary as the investigation wouldn't be quick. My decision was to take a look at the logs next round. I notified you that and then the server restarted to begin a new round.

Now going to your second ahelp. Check it in the logs posted by Basedoperator. It says "heard by 2 non-AFK staff.". The other staff member was an admin, thus making me the only moderator online at the time. I wouldn't leave the server without mods just to deal with an investigation which MIGHT result in a warning for an MP. Another factor was also the sheer size of your a-help. Keep it short and don't complain about stuff we don't have authority over. Even the admin told me to "cut off because it's too long". So my decision was to direct you to the forums. I wasn't rude and I didn't disrespect you at any time. I was CLEARLY done with the situation and you weren't following my instructions. Not only that, but you decided to insult me. Go check our Rule 0.2. "If a staff member gives you an instruction or makes a ruling, do not argue with the staff member and follow the instruction/accept the ruling"

This is what happened. Thank you for taking that to the forums.
    Last edited by Bibiex; 10-17-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt that providing me with the relevant information for me to take to the forums would have been helpful here (after filing report, a ckey, and direction to the forums instead of just 'player report' would have been helpful).
    None of the information from your side was explained to me. As far as I was aware by what you told me, you'd just decided not to investigate the logs. Saying 'there aren't enough mods for me to do this' instead of making it seem like you'd decided not to do it would have ended this immediately, as would literally asking the CO why i was being arrested.
    Additionally, I feel that I was as clear as could be that I was being arrested for what I felt was literally nothing- i was attempting to figure out IG what i was being tazed for, and also trying to save a delta's life (who had IB, multiple organ damage, multiple fracs, while MPs were bodyblocking me away (i thought accidentally, at the time)). in my role as a medic, so juggling all of that prevented me from spelling out in complete detail what was happening and why it wasn't just a normal arrest in anything but short, sequential messages. I was also trying to figure out more information about the arrest to provide to you, which was a lot for me to juggle.
    Granted, this issue came about because I was stupid and not paying close attention to chat, but there were multiple times here where you could have taken steps to immediately de-escalate it, provided information to immediately de-escalate it, or done anything but leave the narrative as 'i decided to not look at the logs, I told you i would but i'm not now because its just a minor warning if true. sucks you spent all last round dealing with it and closed your client and lost all your data, go talk to someone else'. The only actual help I got from a long Ahelp to resolve the situation was a link to the forums, given to me immediately before you banned me for talking to you too much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got told to file a player report on the CO as that is a whitelist issue at most. MP's were ordered to perform an arrest by an officer which they did, they then released you later from what i gather following their procedure. The CO could have been arrested should it be true the arrest on you was invalid for prevarication, but thats up to the MP's to follow up on.

On the talk about de-escalating the situation you could have done som yourelf, by asking where exactly or a link to the forum. And considering you found the staff report form, i fully believe you could have found the player report form as well.

The comment which got you the ban was:
    "2020/10/16: [21:57:10]ADMIN: PM: Calvindoyl/(Miles Robinson)->Bibiex/(Ana Morgan): you decided to not delay the round while you looked into this, then told me you'd look at the logs after, and then it turns out you didnt look at the logs and just tried to get me to fuck off. Good thing that's not your job.. because you're kind of shit at what you do"

Your ban was due to failing to follow instruction and trashtalking the Moderator in question. The ban itself, i believe is put fairly, we do not tolerate staff being targeted for doing their job.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer