User Tag List

Thread: Aestell - CO Guidelines. Deployed early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aestell - CO Guidelines. Deployed early.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Zab1019

Date of Incident
    October 16, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Eugienia 'Nordica' Northey

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Aestell

Accused Character Name
    Aestell 'Rose' Wellick

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:37 pm Friday, Central Time

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Guidelines. Deployed early.

Description of the incident:
    Basically CO deployed early. I believe it was second drop. Seems like they thought the old CO rules were still in effect. Multiple people told them that it was early in command comms, they said nothing of the matter. the XO said their performance was slow, as they were the only one in CIC in command comms near the beginning of the OP. I *think* they had an SG kit with them, but its not highly likely, as I didnt see them use it later, mightve been my eyes playing tricks. I only saw them shooting their m46c. Might've missed their SG role and wanted to SG fun. But again, eyes might've played tricks.

At the start of the OP there was an east gap marines were trying to OB, I believe delta SL Lauren was. CO instead ordered the XO to OB tcomms with cluster payload, which was done. Delta SL then threatened mutiny and DASO'd, which the CO didn't care less about, maybe the council would consider that LRP if someone decides to overthrow you and you literally don't give a damn about the RP scenario that would entail. They didn't care about it and just wanted to unga instead of quelling an entire squad threatening mutiny. I bet the CO may justify their deployment to planet for the possible mutinying of delta SL. But CO deployed before any talk of mutiny even existed. So they can't really use that alibi.

Grim thought they mighta been getting co-ords from the command apc. But the APC was a transport, and they were getting co-ords standing outside it. I do not know if they were getting co-ords while being inside it and looking out a window, but I wasn't around them that much that round in total. They unga'd the frontline until we evacuated from the planet. I evac'ed successfully on the normandy, which the CO was also evac'd on, and I went to cyro after landing into hanger. No idea what happened after the immediate evac, perhaps the threat of mutiny was dealth with i don't know.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Unfortunately I couldn't get the screenshots before, as by the time I started this report they went away, as byond only lets you scroll up so far. But logs should do it just fine. My PM's with grim too I suppose.

How you would punish the accused:
    Honestly to me it just sounds like someone that hasn't heard of the new deployment rulings. But the lack of RP from someone threatening mutiny is concerning. Perhaps a probation/temporary ban? Big brain council can do their magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't actually expect someone to make a report~

Here's the jist. Our orders were to quote on quote scout the colony. So we proceed to hydro, and the usually spree of looking for gaps in our quote on quote scouting mission, up until we found one in the east gap. Mind you, the comms weren't even up yet. So I reinforced our position, and got coords for an OB when the comms would go on.

We were engagin multiple hostiles, and without a medic, I had to CPR them up until comms went on and I had to yell on my squad/command comms for a medic. At any point, I did not receive word on anything else besides what I was saying prior. No announcements of the arrival of the CO, no other orders, and not even that we were getting massively flanked from the south portion of the LZ.

So while engaging the xenos, and tending to the wounded, I called for an OB strike (since one of the squadmates was saying coords in the same vicinity of the coords I got). As soon as I called for an OB strike, the CO belays my order and requested an OB strike of their own; they actually repeated it multiple times. Without the lack of fire-support, and the lack of reinforcements, we eventually lost a good portion of our squad, and had to retreat.

So, as pissed as I was, I called for delta to rally on me so we can talk off comms, but I eventually died. CO, this whole round, didn't use announcements, barely any given commands on comms, and just glorified PFC++
    P.S. I did ahelp why they were down there so early and got a "being handled" response. Also this was an event round involving cultists~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Player Report
    At the start of the OP there was an east gap marines were trying to OB, I believe delta SL Lauren was. CO instead ordered the XO to OB tcomms with cluster payload, which was done. Delta SL then threatened mutiny and DASO'd, which the CO didn't care less about, maybe the council would consider that LRP if someone decides to overthrow you and you literally don't give a damn about the RP scenario that would entail. They didn't care about it and just wanted to unga instead of quelling an entire squad threatening mutiny. I bet the CO may justify their deployment to planet for the possible mutinying of delta SL. But CO deployed before any talk of mutiny even existed. So they can't really use that alibi.
    Delta PFC and aSL for a bit here.

Its true that east gap existed, me and a few others went there and got fucked up by a praetorian. The reason tcomms was OB'd was because a group of harassers had tore up charlie squad and fucked up a considerable amount of marines alongside that, they were a massive threat and OB'ing them was a good decision. Considering Delta SL was Lauren and the most she said was asking to meet up to speak in person, it can be inferred that CO didn't know a mutiny was being planned. CO spent most of their groundside time trying to call OBs and being active on comms trying to fend off the entire xeno team from the FOB, it was a really chaotic situation and it ended with marines losing.

IMO this is a petty thing to report since from my POV the CO deployed trying to do her best to help the marines, what any good deployment CO did before the council gut their playstyle. The CO didn't unga off and get killed or did some LRP shit. I think they just didn't know about the new rulings (The most recent announcement about the deployment rules in #whitelist-announcements is a month old) and tried their best to help marines.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong.. but when I say "I didn't expect someone to make a report" that's because I for one don't really actually see anything wrong~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what I mean about that (since I can't edit post, lmao; solider yells at me if I keep doing this addition after I post~), is that this report itself stupid and didn't actually break a server rule in terms of being qualified enough to file a report against the said CO.

To me, it was just lack of information all around, from the OOC perspective, and IC perspective.

TLR Bad report, pee pee poo poo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grim told me to file a report as it would be a possible CO guidelines. Not trying to throw shade/blame on him if its an incorrect report, but still. CO deploying on second drop is CO deploying on second drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May it be accounted for that this CO has been out for quite the time and just recently came back to playing so they missed a lot of changes and updates CM had.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The round begins 22:28.

Aestell proclaiming they plan to deploy on the Normandy.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Normandy is set to leave at 12:19.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aestell announces they will be deploying second drop.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Zab1019 ahelps. Grimreaperx15 responds.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Extra logs:
    All the announcements for this round made by Aestell.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting for Aestell since they forgot their forum account.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO council has updated the stuff, however there have been pings in discord about this. If a CO leaves the community or comes back and isn't up to date, it's still their responsibility. I've told the CO council to give Aestel a undocumented verbal warning. Techically the CO rulings pages were not updated.

Part of having a whitelist is if you do go inactive and start to play WL roles you should keep yourself refreshed on everything. It would be the same if someone stopped playing, came back, and the rules changed. The alternative is purging inactive players from the WL, which the CO council has been talking about doing, but it is still in the discussion phase.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids