Theodore 'Tio" Brown
    Their BYOND Key
    50RemAndCounting
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:00 am 10/17/2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    no. 2 Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    I was pinged by the mod in order to get him more info on what happened after a certain situation, the mod wanted me to tell them what happened.

The situation in question is this. (Keep in mind that there are NO MPs during this entire round, and when informed about the situation, command didn't care/didn't respond)

A PVT walks up to the Req window to ask me, the RO for metal. I say no, and it goes on and on till the PVT jumps through the Req window and starts dismantling a table in the Req room, claiming that if I won't give him metal, he'll take it. after that, I tried(and failed) to get the flash to work, and it broke, mostly because I've never used it before, and I have NO idea on how to use it.

After running around I corner the PVT and he pulls his gun out and uses the tageting mode to aim at me, saying that if I'm not going to give him the metal, he is going to take it from me, calling it a mugging. at that point, I pull out my revolver, and shoot him dead. after I do that, I drag him to a doctor who revives him, and me, thinking that the situation is resolved enough, and still being an RO with an important job, I return to req to continue doing my job.

5 or so minutes later the same PVT returns to req, this time tossing a req paper through the window to order 50 sheets of metal. I verbally deny this request, then I deny the request in the ASRS and then throw the req form in the trash.

After I do that, the PVT hops back into the req window and the same process happens again. this time the PVT kills me due to a bug not letting me reload my M44, thus not having a way to defend myself.

This proceeds to the mod asking me what happened, and me telling them what happened.

The mod decides that I should get a note for improper escalation, I do not agree, and contact them on discord. they tell me to make the report, and I make this report

I don't think the mod investigated enough, because I don't think Self defense after an enlisted points a gun at me as an officer shouldn't be something I get a note for.

I just want the note removed
    Evidence

-PVT asking for metal and me saying no

-Telling PVT to leave and giving him time

-Killing him and dragging him out towards medbay

-Finding a doctor outside of brief and her resurrecting him

-Him doing the same shit, but killing me this time

-What the mod sau
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't actually want the mod punished, I think that they misunderstood the situation, I just want my note taken off

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initial confrontation. Edmond tries to break in. Knuffles tries to force him to leave non-lethally, Edmond aims a gun. Knuffles shoots.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Doctor arrives.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Edmond returns. Kills Knuffles. Mia (50remandcounting) arrives.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

50rem ahelps Knuffles after witnessing the situation, heals him person while ahelping him and notes him.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

50remandcounting's ahelp with the other person involved. Notes them.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to protecting yourself to griefing by shooting back its a grey area and is handled on a case by case basis which then gets resolved depending on the context surounding the case.

Now for some key aspects in this report. "Warning Shots" are considered IE. aka Improper Escalation due to the nature of the other player being unable to confirm whetver that shot was meant for them and missed, or if they didnt intent to hit them.

The RO was aimed on, if someone does this, we consider it with the intent to shoot whetever its not meant to by the other player.

And finally, after a situation has been de-escalated whetever that is from one side dying or the other being unable to fight back or one escaping etc. basically "breaking up the fight" a new situation has to be re-escalated. One can not jump straight to guns immediatly the moment one spots the other involved party again.

The note will be removed due to the reason of the Private showing clear intent to shoot/kill you and skip escalation. 50RemAndCounting has already been spoken to about how to handle similar issues in the future, but i will also bring it up to management in regards to rule/clarify this in the rules better as well as Marine Law.

Resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer