Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Internal Dossier: Lance 'Apex' Gore

General Information

Name: Lance Gore
    Nickname: Apex
    Nationality: United Americas (United States)
    Birthplace: New Edinburgh, Pennsylvania
    D.O.B.: 07.12.2158
    Next of Kin: Unspecified

Physical Profile

Height: Average
    Weight: Schlubby
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Dark Brown
    Posture: Bad
    Walk: "Dinosaur" (Why do we even have this field?)

Prior Employment
    Excerpted from provided resume.

June 2174 - May 2177
    Westonmart, Inc.

Sales Associate
    • Assisted customers with the acquisition and exchange of various goods with an unfalteringly cheery demeanor.
    • Collaborated with management to remediate and maintain facilities.
    • Developed and implemented several innovative maintenance protocols.

August 2178 - May 2182
    Weston Memorial University

Teaching Assistant
    • Assisted students with the acquisition and exchange of various grades with an unfalteringly cheery demeanor.
    • Collaborated with professors to remediate and maintain student performance.
    • Developed and implemented several innovative study practices.

June 2182 - June 2187
    Weston Memorial University

Adjunct Professor, Professor
    • Assisted students with the acquisition and exchange of various grades with an unfalteringly cheery demeanor.
    • Collaborated with Deans to remediate and maintain student preformance.
    • Developed and implemented several innovative lectures.

July 2187 - Present
    United States Colonial Marines

Various
    • Assisted marines with the acquisition and exchange of various military victories with an unfalteringly cheery demeanor.
    • Collaborated with commanding officers to remediate and maintain martial success.
    • Developed and implemented several innovative ~~VARIABL5~~.

Performance/Personal Profile

Audio Log Transcript
    Retrieved by: [REDACTED]
    Reason: Wow. THAT'S where he got it?
    "GORE!"
    "YESSIR!?"
    "The same marks. Again."
    "I know, sir."
    "How much time did you spend with Masterson on the range this week?"
    "Seventy-two hours, sir."
    "What I don't understand --"
    "I don't either, sir, I qualified my fir--"
    "Gore, do not interrupt me. I didn't pass you because I expect better than literal par."
    "Sorry, sir."
    "But what I REALLY don't understand is that your grouping is the same. PRECISELY the same as last time. Down to the nanometer. ONCE AGAIN, you've met the exact threshold for a passing grade."
    "I saw, sir."
    "... are you fucking with me, Gore?"
    "No, sir! Honest! Just trying my best!"
    "Well, either you're some kind of savant put on this planet to torture me or ... [a very audible sigh] let's call it 'supernaturally consistent.' You are the Apex of the goddamn bell curve."
    "Thank you, sir!"
    "That's not ... know what? Never mind. Dismissed, Gore. You pass."

Lance has been pretty hush with us about his reasons for joining the USCM. And he's certainly a surprising addition to the corps -- a tenure-tracked, if exceedingly average, professor. When pressed into combat, you won't find much surprising about Gore; if given a gun, he'll use it to middling effect. He has been noted to brag about how good he is at dying. Considering the number of resuscitations in his medical records, there may be some truth to this.

Assessment Notes:

It should be noted that Lance loves robots. LOVES them. Patrol logs show an inordinate amount of time spent in mechanical bays and synth servicing facilities.

Which leads us to the matter of the cardboard suit. Look, we can't explain it, but when he wears this thing, his medical aptitude just skyrockets. Reaction time, mortality rate, patient recidivism -- the numbers are there, and they're significant. It's the opinion of this review board that, although certainly a manifestation of some aberrant psychiatric issue, this drastic increase of performance justifies an unprecedented waiver of our usual standards of dress and conduct for medical staff. And potentially a look into the composition of our cardboard stock.

There are some reports of Lance trying to convince staff that he's a "budget synthetic" or "cardboarg prototype." Obviously this is untrue, but said reports also cite some worrying reactions to being questioned about the authenticity of his, uhh, "artificial person"-ness. Might be best to let sleeping dogs lie here.
    Last edited by mesnomer; 10-20-2020 at 01:10 AM.