Byond ID?
    Superreallycoolguy

CM Character?
    Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -04:00

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-25ish more or less depending on college workload

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I used to be admin on a Gmod SCP server once upon a time ago

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really, I downloaded for CM, stay for CM. I play IS12 once and a while though

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope, not staff anywhere anymore

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope, not anything

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Haven't

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely, staying in constant loop with what others are doing and what I am doing is REALLY important

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would first start by PMing the shooter, the MP that was shot, possibly anyone else involved in the incident to figure out the situation from all sides. After hopefully figuring out what happened, check if the player has any notes. If nothing can explain away the actions of the player, then the player will be given a note or ban depending

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell them to make a player report as breach of the honor code revolves around the Predator whitelist and it would be a violation of their WL.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM the player and check if they were just lost or they are completely new to SS13 as a whole, if possible request a SEA to come assist, if not able then would link them the marine quick start from the wiki

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell him that I am the member of staff working with him, if he believes I am being unfair or unhelpful with his problem he can report me via staff reports. But I am still going to be the one handling his case

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Tell him his name needs to be changed as it violates rule 12 of the server.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is more so of an in-character issue. If it can be resolved IC, then it should. The MPs should deal with it or the CE

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Tell the survivor that they can not be hostile to marines anymore, in the sense of actually causing damage to them in any way. Tell them this is a formal rule that

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the player in the cell and the jailer, as well as any other players involved. Figure out what happened fully, if the MP is wrong PM them as that's a breach of ML and MPs are not allowed to breach it. For some reason if the MP was right I would tell the prisoner to appeal

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would subtle message the XO/CO

"You feel a sudden spike of confidence, you know that the Xenos are at a breaking point, you are ready order the final push".

Hopefully the CO/XO would understand the point I am getting across. I would do the same possibly in Queen Mother.

Overall, if It can be done in character I will do it in character, if sadly I can't using the things at my disposal, I will use OOC possibly

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As I am directly involved with the incident at hand, I would ask another mod or staff member to deal with my issue as staff can't involve themselves in issues they are directly involved in

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I could tell the CLF member that EORG only applies to same faction as it generates FF logs. There was nothing wrong with the marine killing the CLF player

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would immediately PM the marine punching, disarming, and stealing:

I would tell him it's a breach of sever rule 4 and 2.

Tell him to quit immedi
    lately and link him the rules to the server.

Warn and apply a note, if he has a note already or a history of them, then give an according ban

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would PM the killer and tell them that he is in violation of rule 14, which covers escalation. Just because he was punched, no sane marine would pull out his full rifle and kill another marine, the marine would also need a legitimate roleyplay reason

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    1st I would MOOC that the mutiny is not staff confirmed therefore not valid, the mutineers must stop immediately

2nd if they continue I will warn again in MOOC and will start to sleep people who continue

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    No racism of any sorts is allowed on the server, no longer allowed in the marines and would message the "funny" guy, if the jokes would continue, I would MOOC to have it stopped

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal the dead if USCM medics are not on it already, note the offender and ban him, it is classic griefing

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check note history of the player, message them to find out if was an accident, tell them to be careful. If it wasn't I would warn or give a job ban if this isn't the first time

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn them of our rules against LRP on the server, remind them that chat is more so to represent the communication of information between the Xeno hivemind. I would warn and make a note

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that the player can use the word dropship, though it is not reccomended, the xeno player can use any word to describe what they are thinking as long as it isn't considered actual LRP shitpost names

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would tell the player that the USCM does have knowledge of the aliens (enough knowledge to pass that is) but they do not know xenos are on the planet (unless something overrides that: ex. an event). I would make note of it as well

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is in itself an acceptable reason but I would actually look back in the chat and see if the marine was displaying enough emotion or talking about how much they would do to save himself. Phrases like "I gotta get out of here!" and "I am going to get off this ship and I will not let anyone stop me". The marine's thinking has to line up with everything to the moment where they would go through will killing another marine. If this is false and they did it without any build up, I would give out punishment as needed

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would do everything in my power to de-escalate the situation before It gets worse. I would remind the player that LOOC/Dead/OOC is not the place to do this kind of things, if they have a problem they can make a staff report of what i've done, As abuse of staff is not tolerated

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would tell them basically that is IC, SSD is an IC and OOC thing, if the marine was asleep, the round doesn't stop. They have easy access to sort it out in IC and should do as such

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would contact them and try to check their ruling/information, otherwise contact management.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would stay out of it and would let management or a higher up take care of it after making note and telling them

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    CM Needs mentors right now, I want to help the server as much as I can (being a mentor is of course great, but if I can do more I will), also I think that timelocks are dumb

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I would say patience,

A moderator or staff member can't instinctively throw out judgement or arbitrate situations where they think hot headedly. A calm mind is needed to handle most situations a mod will come across

Anything else you
    Uhhhhh, I look foward to feedback

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Well. Somewhat bland if good application. Just a quick few questions before passing a decision.

1) A staff officer enters CIC, and says not a word even when people asks him things. He dials in the OB on recently confirmed FOB coordinates & fires the weapon. Moderators have the ability to cancel OBs. There is no other staff on the server, what are you going to do?
    i) Afterwards, you contact the SO and he is extremely apologetic saying he is new and mistook the coordinates, what will you do? (this question involves recent goings on)

2) A mutiny occurs, the mutiny follows the guidelines correctly, and finds out where the Commanding Officer (the person they wish to dethrone) is, this place is research. what do you do?

3) And finally, a Commanding Officer finds out that a certain marine has killed Jones, he presses for execution and he is executed. Moments later, he sends an ahelp. Stating that the MPs & CO broke marine law by executing me for a petty theft. What do you do?

Thanks for applying and excuse the grammar, a bit tired.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haham sorry about the blandness of my Application, thank you for the questions though! I don't mind people giving additional questions to test me!

1) Well first I would cancel the OB immediately as to not ruin the round for the rest of the players. I would sleep the SO so I can contact them and stop them from pressing more buttons (that is if the OB doesn't go on cooldown, I am unsure if a mod cancels it, that it goes on cooldown or not)
    i) I would tell him what I know:
    a SO woke up, He knew how to get straight to CIC, Walked up to an Overwatch console, saw the coordinates for the FOB in the comms, DIALS THE OB, then fires after not saying a single word. I would call him out on it (I am unsure if Mods can check player times). I will check his notes or check any way to confirm if the player was truly lying about being new. Regardless, I would tell him what he did was a textbook attempt at griefing give him a job ban for SO, as I am giving a benefit of the doubt, letting the player if he was knew figure out how important the OB is and the damage it can cause while helping them accomodate from the server. As for the rest of the current round, if a SEA was on I would ask them to try to assist the SO so he could be useful for the rest of the round

2) I would not intervene until the Muntineers start to kill uninvolved researchers or begin to generally make a mess of the mutiny. I would assume that the mutiny was already ahelped, I would watch the mutiny and make sure the marines don't violate the rules of the mutiny, by making sure they don't just shoot up research in the process. If the marines just break in and start gunning down the people in the room, I would MOOC warn to cease fire on non participants in the mutiny as it is against the rules, if it continues I would Aheal those who were wrongfully killed (Ex. doctors, researchers).

3) Jones is to be treated like any other member of the Almayer's crew, he is the captain's pet and has basically human rights. Killing jones can be charged with murder as Jones is part of the crew and the marine in question killed a member of the crew, with intent to kill him. I would tell the marine that Jones does in fact have human rights, it was not theft as theft is stealing an item, he didn't steal jones (which would be kidnapping), he instead shot jones

Sorry for the late reply, as well as I tried to figure out question 2 the best I could, maybe I just read it funky and just interpreted as the CO is just in research

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superreallycoolguy View Post
    Haham sorry about the blandness of my Application, thank you for the questions though! I don't mind people giving additional questions to test me!

1) Well first I would cancel the OB immediately as to not ruin the round for the rest of the players. I would sleep the SO so I can contact them and stop them from pressing more buttons (that is if the OB doesn't go on cooldown, I am unsure if a mod cancels it, that it goes on cooldown or not)
    i) I would tell him what I know:
    a SO woke up, He knew how to get straight to CIC, Walked up to an Overwatch console, saw the coordinates for the FOB in the comms, DIALS THE OB, then fires after not saying a single word. I would call him out on it (I am unsure if Mods can check player times). I will check his notes or check any way to confirm if the player was truly lying about being new. Regardless, I would tell him what he did was a textbook attempt at griefing give him a job ban for SO, as I am giving a benefit of the doubt, letting the player if he was knew figure out how important the OB is and the damage it can cause while helping them accommodate from the server. As for the rest of the current round, if a SEA was on I would ask them to try to assist the SO so he could be useful for the rest of the round

2) I would not intervene until the Mutineers start to kill uninvolved researchers or begin to generally make a mess of the mutiny. I would assume that the mutiny was already ahelped, I would watch the mutiny and make sure the marines don't violate the rules of the mutiny, by making sure they don't just shoot up research in the process. If the marines just break in and start gunning down the people in the room, I would MOOC warn to cease fire on non participants in the mutiny as it is against the rules, if it continues I would Aheal those who were wrongfully killed (Ex. doctors, researchers).

3) Jones is to be treated like any other member of the Almayer's crew, he is the captain's pet and has basically human rights. Killing jones can be charged with murder as Jones is part of the crew and the marine in question killed a member of the crew, with intent to kill him. I would tell the marine that Jones does in fact have human rights, it was not theft as theft is stealing an item, he didn't steal jones (which would be kidnapping), he instead shot jones

Sorry for the late reply, as well as I tried to figure out question 2 the best I could, maybe I just read it funky and just interpreted as the CO is just in research
    Good job, aside from 1i. Where (don't know if you know this) but since timelocks have been re-enabled they COULDN'T be new. I mean that's still entirely subjective though because you can still know how to play the timelock-required roles for SO's and still be awful. So yeah, meh.

I'm going to give you a +1 you seem to know how to moderate incredibly well!
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, I'd be happy to see this progress to a trial and you seem to know your stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted. Check your DM's shortly.

Welcome Aboard
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer