James 'NPC' Smith
    Their BYOND Key
    Ben11567
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:26 AM Central US October 18, 2020
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3 and (maybe) 5
    Description of the incident
    I was FF'd by a marine yada yada and I said something like "Nigga did you OD me you fuck" I dont see this as a demeaning way but just me calling him and venting out my frustration.

From what I remember from what nanu said about the use of the word "nigga" is that its fine as long its in the context of homie or bro. In my context I dont see how it is being used in a demeaning way, I did call him a "fucker" for ODing me.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Just removal of the note, up to staff what they want to do.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I saw you shouted at a medic “nigger did you just od me you fuck”. For me the context of how you used it deserves the note, it doesn’t seem like it was said in a friendly way but rather as an insult to the medic you were mad at.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kryth is ODed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Someone ahelps.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ben11567 pms Kryth.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has led to a difference of opinion in management, but Nanu is away. So for the record I've always been against this word just like the word "Retard" regardless of context, but the gaming community (Not just here) has seemed to accept it like calling someone "Dude" or "Bro" In real life even if you said this in a friendly term you would get looks of shock (Or in my high school you would get your ass beaten)

However Nanu allows it on discord and has ruled it is an acceptable term to use in game as long as the context is not racist

I can see where the confusion lies as it was used in a insulting manner. Staff still retain the right to say "Don't use these words" if someone ahelps and feels it was over the line. Our rules say if a staff member says stop, you stop.

That being said, the note will be removed by the end of the week because it was not used in a racial manner.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids