User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOU is still a good gun, not for damage, but for support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOU is still a good gun, not for damage, but for support.

I see a lot of people talking shit on the MOU; I understand, it doesn't load buckshot and you can't PB someone in the back of the head more than 3 times in a row, so that turns a lot of marines off of it I think. But when applied properly, it sends some xenos running, not just T1 and T2 xenos, but ravs too. I don't know if it's just bald as fuck ravs im coming up against, but i've seen them charge at me, I unload the 3 flechette and hit each one, then the rav runs away?

Yeah it's not the best gun for damage, I can definitely see that, you can't do sustained fire with it. But if you're in a group, and you shred the armour of some of the bigger xenos, they are forced to run away. The sheer satisfaction of getting a rav to fuck off even though you're just one man makes it viable to play MOU to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, MOU isn't made for doing PBs and if you use it alone, it is not going to be that good either. Consider grabbing MOU + Shotgun, MOU + M39, MOU + MOU and so on.

Also, the current MOU is a shadow of its former self, when the gun was initially released, it was a xeno satanizer but received multiple nerfs until it turned into what we have right now.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 10-19-2020 at 01:36 AM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i miss when the MOU could triple flechette a crusher from 100 HP and armor to instant crit and 0 armor

it was hilariously OP but had no keybinds so it was shitty to reload, so if you unloaded and failed, a crusher would just slap you around before you could even pull extra flechette shells out

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mou is fucking great, it's just that robustos typically don't use it and that its burst damage. MOU isn't meant to be PB'd with, if you want to PB use an M37 with buckshot. It doesnt really shred armor either; it's just giga damage. Pairing MOU with MOU or MOU and MOU or MOU AND MOU AND MOU works, you're extending your burst. Shit is cash once you get used to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit shoots too fast and you will misclick and/or miss a lot so better put Gyro on it for more comfortable fire rate.
    Just from drop better focus on slugs to stun and burst fast t1s - t2s(best target the warriors who lounged someone) later when we have T3s sieges and queen screeches use flachetter to delet their armor somewhat. Dont expect lot of dmg(almost any gun, even HPR, is better) just do what you have to do.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    ... flachetter to delet their armor somewhat.
    Old news, you are giving combat advices on CM from 6 months ago. Flechette doesn't destroy armor anymore, no gun that is available on any map without ERT/Admeme spawning doesn't have "Armor Shredding" more than 0.5, or simply just 0. I takes a lot of marines constantly shooting at a beno to do anything to armor and even then, just resting to heal from 10% will be enough of a time to "repair" said armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt mean to remove armor as Armor shredding but to ignore it as AP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One strat you can use is to carry two MOU, fire them both and then have a MOU squire who throws you two more MOU they are carrying around to finish the xeno.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying 5 mou is a valid strat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've recently tried out the MOU

You should be able to put down wounded armoured xenos fairly quickly provided you land all 3 flech shots close

I would suggest bringing along an M37 buckshot as I once foolishly brought a M41A with stock ammo and tried to kill a permacrit ravager only for its mates to come and save it in time as I was not doing enough damage to finish it off

Is a good weapon
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler: