Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Lurkers shouldn't be able to pick offweed regen

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Lurkers shouldn't be able to pick offweed regen

I'm sure everyone's aware of the new Keystone mutator that was added in. Let's not talk about how broken it currently is right now, that's a different discussion. What I think needs to be addressed is how stupidly difficult it makes it to kill Lurkers on Almayer.

We just had a round end where a single Lurker, on low/deadpop, was able to kill every single human on the Almayer before evac by simply attacking a group, killing as many as they could, and then bolting when their health dropped too low. After that they'd go to heal in some obscure corner of Maint, come out, and repeat. This got to the point where every shipside role was dead and staff had to bwoink them telling them to knock it off. We've seen Lurkers can even do this on mid/high pop rarely, which I'm pretty sure was why healing on other z levels was removed in the first place.

Now the z-level healing is partially back and there's a Mutator that allows a single Lurker to heal almost indefinitely on Almayer: standing, resting, apparently even in vents. A cautious Lurker that's able to score at least one kill every engagement will use this Keystone Mutator to force CIC to either let it wipe out all shipside crew while they watch or call at least one squad back from the surface to help hunt it down.

This isn't fun to play against and it's not fun to watch either. I know this was before I started playing, but I know the Scout Spec is mechanically restricted from using shotguns specifically because someone abused the Scout's cloak to sneak up and PB buckshot lone xenos without risking their own lives. Maybe it's just me, but a Lurker on Almayer with offweed regeneration feels similar to that. Anyone wish to add anything?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol so maybe defend the DS and stop giving free rides to xeno hitch hikers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stepping right back on the shitty train tracks.

We put all the limitations on shipside xeno (no evo/upgrade, no healing, no queen heal/phero) for a reason, and while I don't agree with some of it (because a lot of it are just on POs being shitty and let them on), I can understand why you don't want a combat caste on Almayer with unarmed civies, cryo rines, and generally underarmed/unrobust MPs and Command staff.

But here we are, with the "Regen Off-weed" mutation. It's been confirmed to be a bug, this healing on Almayer shit, but it sure isn't fun to deal with an Elder Lurker that on its own can already kill multitudes of heavily armed marines, let alone unarmed or underarmed armorless humans.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 01-29-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire off-weeds mutator should just go. Not readjusted, just removed. Critted xenos can jump up from unweeded areas, since health mutator is meta and always taken at least once (if not twice), making them heal in higher chunks, way higher than the bleedout rate.

Having weeds before was the signal how far xenos could push and where to fall back to, right now they can just take this mutator, yolo their way in for a few slashes, then hide in a vent or at a grassy corner of the map and just get their health back up. Bonus points if they have the queen's recovery on them too. It's nigh impossible to push injured xenos now as they can retreat to anywhere and outrun marines, even slowish castes like defenders.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraviel View Post
    The entire off-weeds mutator should just go. Not readjusted, just removed. Critted xenos can jump up from unweeded areas, since health mutator is meta and always taken at least once (if not twice), making them heal in higher chunks, way higher than the bleedout rate.

Having weeds before was the signal how far xenos could push and where to fall back to, right now they can just take this mutator, yolo their way in for a few slashes, then hide in a vent or at a grassy corner of the map and just get their health back up. Bonus points if they have the queen's recovery on them too. It's nigh impossible to push injured xenos now as they can retreat to anywhere and outrun marines, even slowish castes like defenders.
    As far as I know you dont heal in % you heal in flat rates. When you take health mutators it takes LONGER to heal your total health not less time.

Off weed healing was made for lurkers, so idk what the fuck yall expect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    As far as I know you dont heal in % you heal in flat rates. When you take health mutators it takes LONGER to heal your total health not less time.

Off weed healing was made for lurkers, so idk what the fuck yall expect?
    Possibly? It just feels like the health/tick is % based, otherwise crushers would heal for literally forever and burrowers would heal up in two ticks. Not sure about it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraviel View Post
    Possibly? It just feels like the health/tick is % based, otherwise crushers would heal for literally forever and burrowers would heal up in two ticks. Not sure about it.
    crushers have low health and high armor. its why fire melts crushers

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like the idea of Lurkers, or any Xeno for that matter, being able to heal off weeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oversight, ignorance and inexperience in the development team leads us to dealing with issues that have plagued the community before. None of this is a surprise at this point, but what would be is if it was properly fixed. Again.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Oversight, ignorance and inexperience in the development team leads us to dealing with issues that have plagued the community before. None of this is a surprise at this point, but what would be is if it was properly fixed. Again.
    Lad, not everything or anyone is perfect, we all make mistakes.

We have one of the best development teams in the game, they're a hard working and dedicated group of individuals who love this game as much as you or I.