User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Lurkers shouldn't be able to pick offweed regen

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can we get the Predator's chain whip sprite back soon..maybe a wielded combi-stick sprite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to chime in and say that I heard (second hand) that xenos being able to heal off weeds on the Almayer is a bug that will be fixed.

I'm not 100% sure about that though, honestly, it would be good to get some confirmation. I have many issues with the heal off weeds mutator but as it's not the focus of the thread I won't talk about them. All I will say is that POs should never let lurkers on the Almarer, simple as - I've told POs to lockdown the dropship and been flatly told they aren't going to. They're normally the first to die.

And yeah we do have a great development team, I'm willing to allow for something like heal off weeds being tested to see how it impacts the game but I still really don't like it. Even less than wider gas in someways.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a xeno main, yes this new mutator is hilariously broken and it should be outright removed. Not because of Almayer lurkers, that's just a really fun oversight that and really a marine side issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire "shipside xeno" issue starts with bad POs that don't know how to hit 2 buttons to lock down their vulnerable sides with unmeltable, unbreakable hatches.

While it's mega shit to have to face vs a good Elder Lurker as a shipside role, it's so easy to stop it nowadays that you should be really punished for letting a xeno up.

And now I'll lead right into an arguments for time locks on certain roles that are deemed too important to let every player just walk in and be able to play it, like SO/SL/XO/PO/CMO/CE/RO/Queen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Lol so maybe defend the DS and stop giving free rides to xeno hitch hikers
    It's good when you have PO, on who you can shift the problem of "off-weed" mutator.
    But what should you do about lowpop, where you have barely 2 full squads, no command and 1 doctor? I was piloting that ship that round as SL, not a PO. I pressed lockdown button, but turns out it didn't work because most likely someone decieded to exit through the other door. Noone could check the ship because new to the role XO called it back from Almayer, "because CL told so". Yes, you might say it's marines and specifically mine fault and I would agree with both, but wiping the whole Almayer crew is a bit of big punishment for that.
    This mutator is obviously broken.
    Making a role that considered to be boring and for balds even more important than it is right now isn't what CM need. Bad PO could fuck up the whole round for marines even before this mutator.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was way too easy for me in this game to go up on Almayer and just destroy the whole ship. Kill one person, go heal, kill another person and so on. Took me like a minute max to heal up to full HP because of the off-weed regen mutator. Allowing me as one person to effectively take out 15 people, as nobody is prepared shipside and even less so on low-pop. I'm not even the only person that has done it, any xeno with a little brain could pull this off, as seen by Sal doing the same thing a week earlier.

The new mutator should be severly nerfed or just outright removed. Xenos exist on weeds and gain benefits on weeds. I'm not sure why mutators should change the whole point of weeding
    Last edited by Vampmare; 01-29-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole unga PO phenomenon is another issue all together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO xenos who sneak onboard the Almayer should be a problem, a la original Alien movie, but not to the same extent: It is a military vessel after all, and with the current mutator situation, it really doesn't work out like it should.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one weakness all castes have is that they have to sit near weeds to prevent them from crushing marines mercilessly. This is one of the benefit of cutting weeds apart, to have a safe area to be in and to punish xenos that decide to combat you in non healable turf. Now, when you introduce a mechanic around this weakness you essentially give a caste the green light to be more autonomous from their turf. Lurkers themselves are already more free from needing to be a team, the thing that was leashing them to their team was the fact that they needed Drones to plant weeds for them so they can scout out more areas. It was a high risk high reward game to run out without weeds. Now. Mix both weedless heals and Lurkers autonomy. What you're going to find is one lurker going around and the map and decimating marines more than any other chaste. Now guess what will happen next. Lurkers will group together and walk around decimating squads alone at that lurker speed, why would they need to slow down for a weeder if they can sustain themselves alone. Fuck Ravagers, Lurkers are the true T3 chaste.

Essentially, the ambush tree from the xeno evolutions shouldn't really have this keystone.
    Last edited by Challade; 01-29-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah weeds are a major balanced factor for xenos and letting them heal of weeds should either be removed or more expensive (12 points+). This way at least lurkers get slowed down when taking it.