Date of Incident
    October 21, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Severus Drake

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Mike Brownie

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2 AM CST~

What rule(s) were broken:
    2, 3, 4, 5, 15

Description of the incident:
    I was asked to come down to the Brig while I was writing some paperwork. Once I finished that I went down to the southern brig door and waited for the MP's asking several times if they still needed me.

While I was waiting an explosion went off somewhere on the ship, I did not know where the explosion was and was instead still waiting outside the brig door.

Several minutes passed and I decided they didn't need me anymore so gave one last call for the MP's then went to medbay and climbed the ladder up.

I then stepped over towards my office and found where the explosion was, upper medical near my office door.

SSGT Mike Brownie was looking over the scene at the time, which was now nearing 5 minutes cold. He then immediatly drew his weapon and screamed at me "Get. On. The" then ran over to me, baton out and proceeded to beat me until I passed out.

He then handcuffed me and began to remove my satchel and searched it before then putting it back on. I called for help questioning if the MP was rogue and stating he had attacked me on command comms.

He then proceeded to say that I was attempting to run away and resist arrest, and that he told me stop even saying Why are you running, when I was in fact not moving at all.

He then admitted he only did this to me because I was the first person he saw near the bombing site, which was near my office door.

I then could not figure out if this was roleplay or griefing or if he was an antag. When admins informed me MP's could not be antags I made an Ahelp then was asked to file a player report instead.

Not only did he not properly escalate, he attempted to cause more problems, did not follow standard procedure and obviously completely shattered Marine Law.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Job ban from Military Police, someone that power tripping is NOT healthy and should not be allowed to play any MP roles on the server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dangit can we get rid of the 5 one, I herp derped, there was no mechanical exploit just shittery

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MP in question's ckey is Alpella18

Zuup Pools gets into a confrontation relevant to Severus's need to go to the brig. The CL asks for him to be detained for stealing paperwork. He is set to arrest.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alpella18 moves to arrest Zuup.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The XO requests Severus to report to the brig.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CL reports that he is at the brig without response twice.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

An explosives is planted upper medbay by a 3rd party while Setch is at the brig doors.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alpella18 confronts the CL a minute after the explosion, tell them to "get down" then stuns them.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Setch ahelps.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be resolved within the next 24h should the reported not make a reply.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I should note, if you see the time stamps here

2020/10/21: [01:47:02]SAY: Mike Brownie: Bro (CKEY: Alpella18) (JOB: Military Police)
    2020/10/21: [01:47:05]SAY: Mike Brownie: Did you just did it (CKEY: Alpella18) (JOB: Military Police)
    2020/10/21: [01:47:11]SAY: Mike Brownie: I need to search (CKEY: Alpella18) (JOB: Military Police)
    2020/10/21: [01:47:19]SAY: Mike Brownie: Please get down (CKEY: Alpella18) (JOB: Military Police)
    2020/10/21: [01:47:49]SAY: Severus Drake: Whoa (CKEY: Setch Dreskar) (JOB: Corporate Liaison)

Me saying whoa was the first time I came into visual range of any of the damage, as I said I came up the ladder and Mike Brownie was standing there, so I don't even know who Mike is talking to since there is a 30 second delay between his last "Please get down" and my first wordsa of "Whoa" when seeing the bomb damage and seeing Mike Brownie for the first time.

So who the hell was Mike talking to 30 seconds before that cause it wasn't me? I wasn't even up there 30 seconds before saying whoa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god I think I just figured out why Mike Brownie is an idiot...

So you know how people CONSTANTLY get the CL confused for a Doctor/Researcher because our clothing looks so damn similar to each other?

I think this idiot saw the researcher bomb the medbay, didn't pay attention to the name or the fact our overall models look nothing alike and only registed the clothing.

So the guy he was talking to was the researcher that I had sent the fax to replace cause he wasn't doing his job the entire round, and as by the admin log was the researcher that bombed the upper medbay.

Then Mike Brownie the brainlet sees someone in similar looking clothes and attacks them on the spot... cause he didn't check the name, the actual model or report it before attacking me.

Oh my god, I think I got the mystery of shittery solved... he still deserves a hell of a whooping for being an idiot, but he was an unobservant idiot ontop of it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrest procedure was violated from what i can see and not much else.

He believed you were an agent and acted on it. Alpella18 will get a Warning/Note for violation of Marine Law as MP.

Resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer