forest2001 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    forest2001

Marine Name
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Percival.

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I am.

Synthetic Character Story

Note: Percival's story begins on a Weyland Yutani colony in 2181 where he was constructed, this colony is also where my character Charles Edwinson was stationed at that time as is in their dossier.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    Percival's quirk is his fascination with new things, he loves to study anything new and learn as much as possible. A goal of his is to advance the knowledge of humanity by finding breakthroughs in whatever is relevant to his current assignment. (I intend to always attempt to learn about the Xenos as best I can and having a strong presence in the research department where possible.)

He's also very fond of more refined and advanced vocabulary and often uses it (not overboard) when communicating with officers and civilians however, in an attempt to emulate humans in times of difficulty and when talking with the average marine he'll revert to a more informal and direct method of speech to make it easier for the crew and to demonstrate his sympathy.

He'll mostly focus on surgery though is a master of engineering and can effectively operate any system on the ship.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Extremely familiar as I'm almost exclusively support, my primary character, Charles Edwinson, is almost always Chief Engineer, I am well versed in engineering procedures and optimal SMES setup. Furthermore in his duties as CE Charles has had to run the operation and use Overwatch plenty of times.
    My secondary character, Theodore Revallo, is my medical character and I am familiar with all surgeries. I am also a competent chemist but am not the fastest in the world, I also require the wiki for some of the more complicated chemicals.
    My weakest area of shipside support is Requisitions, I can handle it fairly easily and know how it all works, but due to the time constraints of pre deployment I'm not as efficient as some others.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I am very dedicated to the server and find that often during the times I play support roles are lacking or require supplement, my general play-style (when possible (rarely)) is to play medical support with engineering abilities parallel, this is most evident when I play Executive Officer, if the ship is boarded or I deploy I generally take medical supplies and a tool pouch. I really enjoy role-play and I feel that playing as Synthetic will give me a lot of opportunities to increase the entertainment and RP of the round.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forest is a great player, and have personally experienced his expertise in both Medical and Engineering, plus witnessed when he's lead a lowpop round with no command staff as CE. He's put in a lot of effort into the story and included many details. And I think having an very curious synth assisting research in dealing with Xenos, would create a lot of great roleplay opportunities. +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your support and it�s of course not at all bias
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay! I thought you were about to write your story related to a medbay synth, thank god you didn't.

It's an okay quirk, I've got a situation here.

Let's suppose that you've got a beno locked up in containment, you spent hours roleplaying with it, learned his language and everything, suddenly the Captain gives an order to the MPs to kill it, how would Percival react to that?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forest is a pretty cool guy, he is a good doctor, and a even better engineer to have around. He knows how to handle the RP.

That quirk is definetely going to create some interesting RP situations. It's sad when Synths just ignore the whole opportunity involving a contained xeno. The story was fun to read, and it shows the quirk of your Synth

I think you're more then capable of handling that role. +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Percival would never disobey an order for a potential danger to be terminated, but he would still do his best to argue the benefits of keeping a captive specimen by highlighting points of his research and that he has learnt their language and may yet discover more about the species that could lead to the unveiling of a major weakness. Should the captain be persuaded, excellent, if not then so be it, he would not seek to prevent nor delay the orders, only to offer an alternative or provide a valid and safe reason for them to be rescinded.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you didn't name it Galahad
    +1

Guess I have to explain why: I don�t have issues with the quirk, the name is fine since it was named after one of the knights of the round table, and I saw a small taste of what of the app in PMs with forest.

Plus he�s not a shitlord
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-30-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Percy. Good Job! +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is well written and it seems to me you put a nice amount of effort into it, maybe it could use a bit more dialogue from the synth particularly in the second part but there's a good enough chunk for me to get a feel of how you're synth will be in-game. Quirk is alright, may not be the most unique quirk but it'll work very well in-game. I also am happy to hear you intend on trying to roleplay with xenos if you get the chance, since that's something that really leads to nice roleplay and is only something a synth can initiate.

I'm not the greatest at remembering names, but I do see you as CE quite a lot and it seems others are more than familiar with you aswell.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will give a rundown once more community feedback is in.