0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want to be a synth?
    Synthetic Senator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish to be a Synthetic because I enjoy the role-play potential they carry, and I believe I can make a difference to people's rounds. I also want to be able to remove or mitigate the many restrictions that arise in lowpop rounds where support staff are severely limited or entirely absent.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is a synthetic's objective?
    Synthetic Senator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far as I am aware a Synthetic has no hardset objective, so I'll provide my own opinion on the point of a Synthetic.

I believe the objective of a Synthetic player is not to be a hybrid CE & CMO like many believe, but to be a flexible and engaging round element. I believe they should play with the intent to make rounds more interesting and bring more to the role-play rather than just doing the menial tasks, fixing shit and treating the wounded, of course they should do these things, but it should not be their goal to do just that.

Tl;dr The objective of a Synthetic is to bring a RP spark to the round and to make things less mundane.
    Last edited by forest2001; 01-30-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR NAZI
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you react of a group of marines ran up to you and started disarming you?
    Synthetic Senator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would initially ask for them to cease, that failing I would request MP assistance and attempt to escape the marines, that failing I would flash them provided I have a flash and request an MP again.
    I would not push nor disarm marines in return, as this is too imprecise and inefficient. Percival would also be rather reluctant to lay hands on marines as they're somewhat likely to shoot him just because of a push in self defence.

Subject to circumstance I may also aHelp the situation.

I have witnessed a Synthetic being harassed by a marine constantly dragging them around against their will, I as CE stepped in to stun the marine as they refused to desist.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "make it easier for the crew and to demonstrate his sympathy. "

Your synth has sympathy for the crew?
    Synthetic Senator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reword that; to demonstrate he understands they're under stress, e.g. he won't be using fancy words when there's xenos knocking on the doors of CIC.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see a marine getting murdered and dragged off-screen by two lurkers and a runner, how would you proceed?
    Synthetic Senator

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subject to other circumstances and situation, and what I am doing at the current time. I would not for example stop treating a critically wounded marine to help when I would be put at great risk of death myself, potentially causing three deaths instead of one.

If we assume I am doing nothing important and nothing else needs my attention, I would attempt to retrieve the marine and I would most likely ask for some other marines to accompany me if at all possible.
    Chasing the xenos down to get the body is not a safe thing to do if I'm entirely alone as I cannot outrun either a lurker or a runner, especially not when I'm dragging a body, if I deem it impossible for me to retrieve the marine without high risk of my death I would wait until the xenos leave the region of the body before attempting recovery, during this wait I would be attempting to get marines to protect me.

In the event all circumstances are against me and I am unable to save the marine before death or braindeath, I would at least recover their corpse when possible and have it returned to the ship.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: