Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

special2kira - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    special1kira

Player Name You Use Most?
    Mei May!

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC + 7

What is your discord username and handle?
    독점 특별한(이)키라 메 S2K#2359

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commander is to encourage a good relationship between the command and the marines through their leadership and to lead the operation.
    Without a commander. the marines will have to be on their own. Commanding the ship is not restricted to the captain or executive officer, but it is prioritized by whoever is the highest rank present on the ship. and that person who would be more commonly seen is the commander. They are needed in order to come up with plans and tactics for the operation at hand. And should they not be available. whoever is the next person in the chain of command will have to handle it.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    The reason varies, because each time I apply for CO I change my mind on do I really want to apply for CO, or would it not be worth it. I wish to apply for CO because I am active the most during UTC + 7 timezone and because despite my notable LRP remark. I believe that I would have more opportunities to roleplay more often.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I would never be able to contribute to what the existing CO already can. nor would I be able to do it better than them. but I nonetheless, want to do my part in making CM a better more playable place for certain players, in this case. the XO. I am aware that the mentor fulfills the job of teaching new players and they get access to play as a senior enlisted advisor in order to physically partake in the round as a player. but I believe that I am not suited for mentorship. and I am more suited for commanding officer because I am more active as a commanding person. I hope that I can do what I can to help the XO. I wish to be as nice as I could even to those that would be rude to me. because I believe I can be just one more friendly CO. I really hope to be as respectful as I can even if my behavior doesn't say that way.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Mei will behave in a manner not that much more noticeable than a generic XO. going through her daily routine of waking up, gearing up. prepping the briefing, dealing with round starts shenanigans, and whatever else that will happen accordingly.
    Mei is mostly friendly but changes their current state to hostile when facing an active threat accordingly. Mei always reminds the marines of the importance of squad cohesion and the importance to be respectful and nice to others. There's nothing better than to keep the morales of the marines/players high. you don't want to discourage them from playing CM and obeying their superiors. I want to make the players have confidence in me and their SL and their SO. because we all must understand each other.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    USS Attu is a light armored cruiser. stationed during 2183 in the outer-rim as a support vehicle. It's mainly used to carry high importance individual thank to its low profile and its fast speed. It's also used as a recon ship and or hit-and-run ship.
    it has a notable history for evading attack and ambush. the crew capacity is quite low at only 50 personal possible (including the pilot for onboard rapid boarding dropship and fighting ship)
    the onboard personal and equipment is highly modular and depends on what type of mission they are going at hand.
    the ship can be modified for a medical evacuation and to function as a mobile hospital.
    or to be a VIP transport. whatever is needed at the time.
    it however always have an onboard point defense CIWS which can fire both missile and rapid firing machinegun to deal with the oncoming threat.
    the armament includes a single dual large cannon to deal with the enemy it fires a solid slug to penetrate armor, and a few turrets on the belly and the top to shoot at the enemy from above and below. although these cannons are not very powerful they can still bring a ship off its direction.
    it has been previously retrofitted as an engineering ship and has an onboard workshop. however, that has been transformed into a storage room ever since 2186
    Currently, it is configured to be a recon vehicle shrinking down its main cannon to be a rapid-firing autocannon.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Biography
    Mei May was born in 2156 in a UPP owned Colony. She spent her early childhood in a banana plantation as a child worker up until 2560, which is when Mei May Entered School and graduated top of her Class in Economic theory and History.
    She finished college in 2176 with a degree in Engineering and later joined the USCM engineering brigade, soon finding herself surrounded by peoples of various backgrounds, some of which were fortunate to be able to join the USCM at all. In her first fieldwork, she found herself being pushed around a lot to perform many banal engineering works, but she didn’t complain about it too much. Despite the hardship she faced at times, she made it through and survived many dangerous encounters with enemies of the UA.
    Mei May returned to her home town in 20XX to bring back good news to her family and found it burnt down, leaving her devastated.
    May 1st, 2190. 45 hours in hell. While Mei and her squad were on a covert operation to steal secret CLF documents, Mei May's shuttle was shot down, and she lay unconscious for approximately 5 minutes. She wakes up to see herself in a puddle of blood, pouring from her face and arms. She painfully crawled through the dense jungle looking for the crew’s location, before hearing a shout in a language she did not understand quickly ducked down as a grenade was tossed into the shuttle, destroying it. Realizing the situation she is in, she rushed through the forest and ducked down into some bushes. She drew her bayonet, ready to take down whoever was going to end her life so soon but found herself succumbing to pain and blood loss, falling unconscious once more. She later found herself in a marine field hospital, apparently found by a rescue team, and briefed the base’s command staff on what happened after she was back on her feet.
    Mei wasn't quite sure yet on if she was ready again.
    Nonetheless, she took on the new mission. Deploying successfully this time on the designated landing zone.
    She quietly entered the enemy lines without any problems.
    Until she was asked for a Password.
    Mei did not know the password and Whacked the Patrolling Officer in the head with a Baton before looting his body and throwing him down the river.
    One by one. She takes down the enemies inside the base and successfully obtains the enemies' documents on their war crimes. Escaping without any further incident.
    However. on May 20th, 2190.
    Mei May has committed her first act of atrocities.
    It was that day that forever changed Mei, And forever the people around her.
    It was clear that the civilians were in fact. Providing aids to the CLF. and it was clear That Drastic measure
    During this day. it will always be remembered as the day of Great Sorrow by the CLF as they too witnessed it.
    Operation Scorched Earth. Led by Lieutenant Mei and her squadrons of approx 100 units.
    She led a massacre on the Civilian Populations and destroying livestock, Plantation, Infrastructure. Railroads. Communication lines.
    Successfully winning the war. but at what cost?
    And that day forth. Mei was never heard from again.
    Conclusion, Mei May started off being a banana farmer, After a chance to experience western democracy she embraced it. She joined the USCM, Recommended to become a commissioned officer so she had to go back into the military academy and learn how to become an enlisted officer, After which she finally ranked her way up to being a commander. And today, she command her own ship known as USS Attu

Additional Note
    People who were her enemies disappeared or were jailed during her silent years. Almost as if she's behind it.
    It allegedly was said that Mei May was in fact, secretly a UPP Agent. Although this cannot be confirmed. (Who know )
    You may ask me otherwise. Connor Anderson may say she is. but he is crazy. There was an attempt to kill Mei, Allegedly She confessed being brainwashed while she was on a UPP's Colony, No further information was given on the topic.
    Mei certainly wasn't willing to sacrifice everything for victory. Unless it was a victory She needed. Mei May is by no mean a great tactician. However, She nonetheless will not give up until the OP is considered FUBAR.
    If fighting is required to ensure victory. Then she will fight. While some may disagree with her "No cost too great" policy. She persisted in fighting on even if it would appear to be so hard to snatch victory from the situation they found themself in.
    Mei has in fact. Winning multiple last stands in the most desperate situation seems like a miracle worker. Mei does not give up easily unless it is certain that she cannot win a battle. In which case the OP is FUBAR. And should be abandoned.
    Mei always blames herself for the operation failure rather than anyone else. She believes that she is responsible the most for any failure and should be held accountable more so than anyone. Despite everything that has been said about Mei and despite everything that Mei has done. Mei has indeed lost some operations before. She is Afterall, A human. And humans are bound to make mistakes. Mei is willing to learn from her failures and those around her. She. wish for the best of everyone despite her willingness to let them die. As nobody should die for nothing, Famously. On one of her Op. an SO said “XO, I do not think we can win like this. We are low on manpower and our troops’ morale are plummeting”
    “You Doubt my ability to command?” As the operation was declared victory after the last hostile had been killed. Some peoples have also asked on how did mei become a commissioned officer despite starting as an enlisted engineer, To answer that, Mei was recommended to become an officer by one of her peer, And in order to do that, She had to re-attend education to become a commissioned officer, Which took a rather long time.

ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I have played SL a lot and I do it because it's fun, you get to command marines who usually follow you around, and if you were quick-witted enough to respond to the situation and know when to call CAS or OB. you can usually turn the tide fairly quickly. It's about being aware of the environment.

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    Not a lot but there's also not a lot to do as SO either, your job is to report the situation to the marines and also to tell them what to do. It's not always needed as marines *usually* know what to do. the SO job is to correct them on their mistake.
    SO have knowledge in medical which allow them to be a medic and treat marines in an event no medic is available or if there's a large number of bodies, this is very useful in the incident where the dropship was too. for whatever reason, crash onto the ship.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    spent a large number of my time playing as RO and CMP. there's really not much I can say about them, quite boring but I get to do something once in a while. I had a lot of fun as RO though as I get to teach CT what to do if they're new.

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    I have been mostly playing as XO and SL in order to know what is it like to be a CO.
    quite experienced.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I'm familiar with it but I have to have the wiki page open as I don't always remember it.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    BE should be used in place of execution when it is not able to be performed normally (ie there's another active danger going on and the prisoner must be executed)
    normally battlefield execution should not be performed for marines in custody but this does not apply during delta alert(which is during when the shuttle crash)
    I do not believe a battlefield execution should be used sparingly as it permanently the person and they may not be revived. (which may already be the intention of normal execution but this is because if the BE is used to remove someone in combat and it happens to be a mission crucial personal. they're a goner)
    battlefield execution should be used to remove a person who cannot be deal with via marine law procedure or by military police and this is assuming that the person in question is allowed to be battlefield executed by the current in-game rules as that is constantly subjected to change.
    For any further questions please ask below.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    I believe it is perfectly reasonable to pardon a person who has committed a very minute crime and is critical to the operation. in this case, someone broke a window to obtain an attachment or ammunition where their requisition happens to be empty and cannot obtain any further. This should be done for people who actually matter to the current operation at hand and not every single marine who broke a window because they want a barrel charger.
    it is legal to pardon most crime with exception of capital.
    however, capital crime can be pardoned if it was faxed to high command first.
    For any further questions please ask below.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    I would look at the crew manifest and squad composition in other to determine what is the best plan. I would also use the who verb to determine how many players are in the round. while this may not matter to most players. it can very much dictate how many potential enemies and observers who may join marines or alien later on in the current operation. I would check the map and then check what marine role is in what squad and determine what they should then do.
    after that, I would gear up accordingly to what I expect to happen within the round and give my briefing, afterward, I continue my operation accordingly and behave according to what is best for the time being so long as that does not conflict with the SOP, the rules, or marines law.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    I'll skip over the military police as they are not allowed to be insubordinate and anyone that is would need to be reported immediately.
    the supply department is necessary in order to run the logistic of the ship and battlefield. without a supply chain, we are weak, but without a fighting force, we are weaker. I would have them dealt with accordingly to the marine law at the time by MP and by any employed deputy that I have. I would keep in mind that so long as their crime is minor I would pardon them or have them be punished minimally. we don't need to unnecessarily create tension for anyone.
    The medical and engineering department, should for whatever reason be causing a problem or multiples. they are to be arrested and dealt with accordingly. however, if the situation absolutely demands that the doctor is not arrested and be treating the patients they will have to be pardoned as doctors are non-replaceable personal.
    Engineering has a very little exception as while they can contribute to the round, they're not a requirement so they will not be pardoned and should be treated based on what the marines law has for their action.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I would stay with XO to handle CIC, There's really not much else I should do.
    I would handle whatever other shenanigans that occur shipside during this time and have XO take the CIC if I am needed elsewhere.
    I have been quite used to being alone in CIC for the past few months so this is nothing new to me.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would just battlefield execute them as their activities constitute that they want to abandon the operations. or if my MP is available to arrest them. have it be dealt with them so long as it is not outside of a safe area.
    Arrest should be only performed in the area clear of enemy presence as it can endanger the arrested person and the person arresting them.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 no standards whitelist
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, why not. you're a good commander +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you mum 50rem. I will do my best to not disappoint any of you! been talking with frozen about making a hrp event run by me at some point.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are over a hundred Mei Mays residing in New York State as of January this year. So the name is *fine*.

And you’ve put a lot of work into your repeated applications. Steady improvements each time. See you on the CIC.

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's any need to beat around the bush here. You just do not posess the maturity to hold this WL no matter how many questions you answer. You've made JoJo and Among Us references in announcements as XO, your name literally means meme, and your story says you're a UPP agent? We shouldn't give the WL just because you can brute force the application.

Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-27-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i suppose just because everyone pronouce meme as may may suddenly mean that i cant be co?
    Can understand no popculture ref part. Nonetheless i dont get the name. It was never meant to mean meme and it offend me people say meme

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, apologies for this super late reply.
    I just came home and I'll now write a better response.
    So regarding my Among us reference, I did say there's an agent among us. and that was quite relevant to the round compared to my Jojo reference which I understand would be over 200 years old in CM wise, Although I find it to be a weak thing to bring up as I haven't made a Jojo reference ever since it was brought up as something I shouldn't do.
    For my name: Mei May. I haven't managed to figure out what's wrong with it in any possible way. the name itself is a mixture of a name of two of a very real person. my friend is named mei and my teacher is named May.
    Also Additionally there are actually people named mei may in the United State Surprisingly. I know you'll be very unlikely to change your mind and would continue to voice your concern over a few minute problems. I am happy to do what I can to be better, Appreciate your feedback.
    https://i.imgur.com/JakvQgA.png

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing. My character isn't a UPP from the story. You have misunderstood, My character having being born in UPP is a citizen of one of its existing colonies and moved in to live in united America to get a better education and subsequently to get a better job opportunity. I wrote in such a way that they may potentially be a UPP agent because in one of the round I was playing while writing my 2nd CO app, I was mistaken for a UPP agent and that gave me an idea to include it as part of my story, Mei Doesn't have to be a UPP just because I wrote it like that. but they can be because they have ties to them in their childhood. This won't likely affect the round unless an event is going on and I am allowed to execute my idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'll be supporting this with a wary +1 for the following reasons.

Positives:

-When asked, you played as SL for a series of rounds with me and you showed a decent understanding of leading. Albeit your communication skills as SL could improve about general things (which I bet is difficult with combat+language barrier), you did mighty fine speaking with other SLs and coordinating to achieve big brain flanks.

-You've come to me with serious questions and showed you actually care about the WL and have taken such advice seriously.

-You've taken the time to play XO, SO, and a variety of other roles which the CO can perform but is by no need required. Such as some degree of medical, and engineering.

Negatives:

-Some of your announcements I have seen use "so-and-so is sus". Which I believe to be considered an Among Us joke/reference as I've never heard of suspicious being shortened to sus before. If I'm wrong someone can correct me on that.

-Change of character throughout the round, mainly when you have your character acting and talking one way and suddenly switch to a completely different style of speech and character actions.

First negative is not at all a big deal but the second one is why I'm wary of it. You've done more than enough to earn the role of CO but a problem I cannot overlook is your RP having holes and as a CO you can't exactly just switch character mid-round for no reason.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I don't give a fuck about the apps so others can nitpick it if it's bad at all. In-game you're decent enough at the role.

Honestly those who are freaking out over the name, Soldier has said if it's a real name, it's fine to have. Saying they're not worthy of the most basic of WLs because of a name is beyond my understanding of stupid things to nitpick at. It's just their name which people have in real life, and saying it means 'meme' is just bleh.

And as for your maturity that Basedoperator brought up, you're mature in-game which is all you need. I've seen people with Synth and Pred WL act more immature than yer in-game self and they get by just fine. OOC maturity shouldn't have any illness towards your application unless it's in the app itself or you aren't mature in-game.

- Doctor Compy/SL main