User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: special2kira - Commanding Officer Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood. Should have brought that up so i know faster beforehand. I'm not going be able to be as active now due to my recent illness and may withdraw this app should it get worse

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said I'd help you get your WL from the start so gotta dip back in for the +1

Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    I don't think there's any need to beat around the bush here. You just do not posess the maturity to hold this WL no matter how many questions you answer. You've made JoJo and Among Us references in announcements as XO, your name literally means meme, and your story says you're a UPP agent? We shouldn't give the WL just because you can brute force the application.

Yeah nah dont listen to this dude, funny that your talking about maturity when it was you the other day going on a wack OOC rant about me and saying I have ADHD all because I was being a genuine good sport about you BEing me over some shoes (funny how your own WL app mentions BE's as an absolute last resort, when you had MP's available lmao). You got absolutely no right to gatekeep at all.

Best of luck with it Mei hope you finally get it
    Last edited by Dreven; 10-31-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need to play SL more. But your planning strategies for XO are good. I think you need to add more about what you do at the start of the round, eg. Checking manifests, seeing if req is doing things or needs to be manned by yourself personally. Checking engineering to load OB and things like that.

+1

Because I've seen you be better than some CO's unironically.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir! I will make you proud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially planned on staying out of this application but after seeing Based's answer and discussing with other COs about it, I will give my two cents. I am doing so as a CO who wishes to upkeep the ever demanding standards that are growing day by day as we are going through a hard time in the Whitelist.

Whilst the application answers aren’t inherently wrong, the answers seem a bit odd if not shallow but that is no the problem with it, it is mainly your behaviour and maturity that are the issue for many of us. A CO isn't solely about being mechanically good or knowing the meta, that, many can do swiftly and are better off as XOs.

By applying for the role of Captain, you aren’t signing to be a glorified Commander, you are in fact signing up to take the burden that is the USCM and the marine side, you are agreeing to deal with people of all kinds, people that for the most part will try to take you down and sabotage you by any means, be it undermining your command or finding the most petty thing to report you and shit talk on your back, the thing is, by the way you behave and act, I feel insecure on how you would handle over when the tides come after you.

What will you do when someone tries to desert you? What will you do when someone tries to start a riot? What will you do when whole departments don’t go your way? What will you do when everything is going wrong and everyone goes against you? What will you do when the distrust on your ship is so high that your own soldiers are about to take up on arms on their example of a leader? To all these scenarios and others, I feel like the outcome wouldn’t be good.

The demands to become a Captain grows by the day and the last thing we need are more Captains that won’t be able to hold the ropes, both in game and out of it. Being a Captain isn’t outputting insane plans and being a 2D Erwin Rommel or George Patton, as much as it may sound bad- You are the supreme entity for the marines and the marines don’t take shit lightly, you will need to execute people, you will need to make hard decisions, you will need to ruin rounds for certain players for the well being of other ones. Playing it isn’t always fun, you will be stressed, and you will need to keep your posture under it.

I am not even mentioning the LRP shenanigans as Basedoperator already did but having the maturity and experience to take over the role of CO.

You are on the right tracks, you can achieve it but not right now, trail your path forward and prove that you can do the job and my vote may change. I wish you the best of luck as I know how it feels to be rejected even if it is for the best

For now, a sincere -1
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 10-31-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take what I can. If I can't get it now, Someday. I don't intend to keep on trying but I do what people say I must do

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not wait for my app to be rejected. I would withdraw it if I don't want to let it stay, While it's true that I have never experienced mutiny and would be very unlikely to experience them, I never experienced much insubordination from my timezone either and lacked moments where i had to deal with them. I understand that i am not a saint who would be able to get everyone to listen to me, and my job as the commander is to unite us and lead the operation. My lack of opportunity to show myself is caused by plenty of thing. Unfortunately i know it's inevitable i have to put my app down and look back at this and my previous applications from the past. I accept my defeat that I don't deserve this whitelist. But i wrote it because i believed myself that i could do better than the last time I wrote it. I doubt this app will get anywhere wnd i am happy to read how people feel about me. It doesn't concern me that in the past 2 month before this app. I made a jojo reference and recently. An among us reference. I understand i can't make them now nor can i really do much else to change how you or anyone else feel. Be it from today and maybe in the next few month if i withdrawn my app, Happy to see people that truly deserved co wl get approved. I won't be around to show you myself ingame and refute you or anyone else opinion of me. Not in awhile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you have a good reputation amongst the marines, you shouldn't be facing a lot of issues with them. You generally have a decent reputation which is why you haven't faced an actual mutiny or angry fit from the players from your errors during your playtime in CIC.

This should stay that way as long as you stick to your usual fun(?) behaviour, unless if you really fuck up big time pissing off the players. Because as of right now to the squad marines, CM SS13 is just a TDM server. People don't really RP here... Heck, you've even got xenos talking in net speak and discussing macros. Nothing punishable really happens. You meme about from time to time and have fun with the marines. That, is what it really comes down to. Being enjoyable to be with.

I mean take a look at Dreven. His character can feel out of place but people like and respect Windhealer even if the plan is to die with him. (Shame we'll never see him again)

You can't have an HRP role to function in a LRP community as it will be cringe to the players just trying to do TDM. But of course high profile roles need to know when to draw the line. If you do too many LRP in consecutive rounds then you'll just be irritating.

Mei May, I have no issues with you and I believe you'll be a fine CO. What's important to me is that you understand how to handle CIC in general. Though I think you need to think about your strategies better as I recall that boarding round whereby you tried for SD whilst the tank is 100% combat ready only to be splattered by the Alamo in CIC. Good thing the remaining marines were very robust that round and killed off all the xenos. If you really wanted to use the SD, you should have set the AA gun to deter from CIC. Also you took too long with the last announcement causing marines to be scattered all over the ship.

Regardless despite the poor planning you realize that no one was really upset at you or lashing at you. Because you were overall fine in terms of rep and fun. You weren't initiating any kind of LRP moments but eventually got pulled in by a pumpkin head cult that included the SEA and the entire MP staff during Halloween.

I'll leave a +1 even if you're withdrawing. Just remember to balance fun and RP when you're in command.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That round with the pumpkin cult and tank, I wasn't planning to SD.
    I was planning to ladder camp at engineering, Albeit that round was already quite weird as Xeno pushed us too hard and I wasn't able to correctly estimate their strength vs our strength, ended up retreating with a whopping 80 marines still alive and only 5 marines have actually died. I'm not sure how to feel about that round as our retreat wasn't meta, it was because I simply was unable to determine if we could fight and chose that we would be better off retreating, didn't expect us to have that many marines so I was planning a simple engineering hold and ladder camping, However. What actually happened was the complete opposite of what I wanted because we actually nearly won in our fight against the Xeno. The majority of marines held at the briefing room and the pumpkin cult delayed Xeno from reaching briefing, a weird round but a fun round. Thank you queen thicc for your suggestion and for your feedback!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, since my previous post obviously flew over some people's heads, my actual vote for your application is a -1 and I will explain why.

You have been very active in playing command roles and applying for the whitelist beforehand, this is true. But simply playing the role itself is not enough.

In all this time I've observed you play command, I did not notice any notable improvement in your competency and skill as playing said roles. Whenever you play I STILL get the feeling that a random first time player jumped on as XO and that the CIC is effectively vacant, unmanned the whole operation, or worse.

Following or that, your general attitude seems to have gradually worsened as time went on, you seem to be sliding into overt ic toxicity and I've observed you making outright memey LRP announcements, and generally just straight up spouting memes throughout the round. That is unacceptable.

While ultimately I feel you might have the potential to grow to the challenge, but this is not now. You still have a serious amount of work in front of you.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!