Date of Incident
    October 25, 2020

Your Character Name?
    NT-F

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Driecg36

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 8:40 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    I was fighting marines around containers on LV. After taking some damage, I returned to a weeded spot to heal up. The accused then walked up to me, waited for me to heal, then roared and stabbed me. I showed that I clearly didn’t want to fight before he proceeded to stab me again and pull me off weeds, doing this several times. A runner came up to him and told him to leave me alone, but the predator killed him on the spot. I decided to ignore the predator and continue to fight marines. The predator followed me to the frontline while I was fighting marines (Both pred and marines were onscreen) and stabbed me once again. I relocated soon after this.

The rule broken (under “Unhuntables”):

“Humans or Xenos that are actively fighting on the frontline. Coming back to heal does not disqualify this.“

The predator later stated (in Dchat) that I was considered “dishonorable” for refusing to fight him, which I did not find in the honor code. He admitted to breaking the rule when claiming he “waited for me to heal before attacking“, though the honor code states that “Coming back to heal does not disqualify this.” He also called me a metagamer for not running away, claiming that standing still takes advantage of the honor code.

I did not damage any predators during, before, or after this incident.

All of this should be found in the logs.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    No SCs, will wait for logs

How you would punish the accused:
    Verbal warning/note

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driecg36 marks Sprdy for the hunt.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Driecg36 notices Sprdy is wounded.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The runner in question, AJ, taunts the preds.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The main confrontation.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

AJ, Sprdy, and Driecg36 ahelp. JarekTheRaptor responds.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sprdy and Driecg36 in dchat.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a long hiatus from CM, I had not played predator in quite a while. Despite having re-read the new predator code, I missed the one small part that I broke - "Coming back to heal does not disqualify [actively fighting on the front line]." Even if I find that particular phrase to be very poorly worded in that disqualify almost all worthy prey, as the vast majority of worthy prey are front line combatants who will only be away from the front line to heal, I admit that attacking you at all was in violation of this.

Even so, I still not only waited until you were at full health, not incapacitated from resting, aware of my presence, and at least a full screen and a half away from marines before attacking you (I attacked you near the caves that led to the sandstone temple while the nearest marines I knew of were on the other side of containers). If that still counts as the front line then that is a mistake I did not make on purpose.

After attacking you and receiving only "What the fuck" and "Absolute nerd" in response I continued trying to get you to fight back while still giving you a chance, instead of outright killing you (thus the dragging off of weeds, etc). You then proceeded to simply continue rest on weeds next to me and ignore me (which if you ask me is the xeno version of "Any human that throws their weapon to avoid fighting a Yautja"). You then proceeded to run towards marines as I was still actively trying to engage you, where I pursue briefly then stopped without causing substantial injury and moved on (despite having asked the clan leader that was present if I could dispatch you for being honorable, and having them tell me I could).

The reason I did not kill you after you completely refused to fight back, run away, or defend yourself in any capacity (which again if you ask me is blatantly metagaming the code of honor) because I did not want to skew the balance of the round after I killed that runner (who was actively interfering with what I thought to be a legitimate hunt and metagaming the honor code even harder).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things

One: I was still fighting marines. This confrontation started with me wounded, resting on-weeds (from marine weapons) trying to recover health, and your various attacks + pulling me offweeds lengthened that process by a good bit. Once I recovered to full health I returned to the frontlines. This does not mean I am fighting marines to meta the honor code, it is just me continuing what I have been doing the entire time.

You acknowledged this before,

2020/10/25: [20:04:58]SAY: Unknown [General]: Hm. It has killed this one, but is now wounded. (CKEY: Driecg36) (JOB: Predator)

And your interpretation of the unhuntables rule was incorrect

2020/10/25: [20:54:45]SAY: Ghost/Driecg36 : resting away from marines =/= fighting lmao

Two: I have no obligation to fight you nor to run away, I was simply ignoring you whilst trying to recover health in order to continue my fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This confrontation started with me wounded, resting on-weeds (from marine weapons) trying to recover health, and your various attacks + pulling me offweeds lengthened that process by a good bit."

I was extremely careful to not engage you until your health bar was completely full. The only injuries you were recovering from when I pulled you off of weeds were from when I attacked you, not from a third party.

"2020/10/25: [20:04:58]SAY: Unknown [General]: Hm. It has killed this one, but is now wounded. (CKEY: Driecg36) (JOB: Predator)"

This was a full 14 minutes before I attacked you for the first time - "2020/10/25: [20:18:52]ATTACK: Driecg36/(Kha'bjte Thar'n) attacked Sprdy/(Lurker (NT-698-F)) with clan sword (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in the Central Barrens (122,114,1)

"Two: I have no obligation to fight you nor to run away, I was simply ignoring you whilst trying to recover health in order to continue my fight. "

You have no obligation to fight or run away from marines either, yet you do because you know they don't have any honor code. There is no way you can justify resting next to and weakly protesting "dude stop" to a predator as attempting to use the honor code to stop them from killing you. There is no other possible reason you would ignore someone who has actively tried to attack you and is clearly a hostile entity to the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “ I was extremely careful to not engage you until your health bar was completely full.“

I am aware, the problem is you shouldn’t have been attacking me there in the first place. The point of me resting there was to continue my fight against marines. You attacking me right after I hit full health completely delayed me from rejoining the fight. HOWEVER, I was not going to fight you and 1: abandon the offensive against marines or 2: die because of this.

“This was a full 14 minutes before I attacked you for the first time”

Yes, it was, I was simply pointing out that you acknowledged my role in combat as you followed me around.

“You have no obligation to fight or run away from marines either”

I do have an obligation to fight marines. That is my role in the game, especially when the hive is at around 12 strong, original queen recently dead, and marines are ACTIVELY TRYING TO PUSH. Since you followed me to the front, you should be aware of this.

”yet you do because you know they don't have any honor code. There is no way you can justify resting next to and weakly protesting "dude stop" to a predator as attempting to use the honor code to stop them from killing you.”

I said this once and I’ll say it again;

I was fighting marines before, during, and after this situation. I am not forced to abandon my fight when you want to challenge me, I will simply ignore you and continue to fight the marines. I do not fight marines because they have no honor code, I fight marines because they are pushing us, killing our queen, and trying to destroy our hive. You, on the other hand, are an optional opponent that I chose not to fight as I saw greater threats.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The was talked about amongst the council. Driecg36 will be spoken to and receive a warning for his actions. Resolved
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.