October 26, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Dracul 'Red' Misu
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    about 03:20
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    At the beginning of the briefing, one of my lance corporals tried making jokes about how women are now the superior officers and other flat lined jokes of that sort. For this the bravo sergeant started grabbing her and throwing her back into her squad's briefing zone and one of the military police men had flashed her for some reason. With this incident going on, I decided to call the Bravo sergeant 'based' as in cool for a joke.

I was then addressed by the staff member that this behavior is 'low roleplay' due to being 'memes' and thus it goes against Rule 2. For this, I tried to argue that my character simply using internet jargon can not be against Rule 2, due to it only being a light joke and not my character being modeled to be a 'meme' character.

I was told by the staff member to read Rule 0.2.

Out of all of the people there, I see myself as the one that did the least to go against Rule 2 if anything at all, while the rest of the participants seem to have gotten a free pass.

I was also ensured by the staff member that if I file this report now, that it won't be voided due to having been sent during the round.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    I just don't want to be told that I 'fail rp' for simply using internet jargon in a casual instance of roleplay when it has been clearly been done for a joke and not to ruin anyone's fun/be a troll/be a meme character.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you’ve provided the DM logs, we won’t need to pull anything.

Based is a meme/internet jargon, our rules clearly state no memes. We’ve had an uptick of players using this, big Chungus, and other silly things. Staff is cracking down on it, so he literally was preserving RP on the server and doing his job.

Admin did nothing wrong

If you use the word based in the context of saying something like “The Xenos are based here at xyz” that’s not a violation.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids