Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P0tat0 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    P0tat0

Player Name You Use Most?
    Anders Brightwood

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Whitelists:
    P0tat0 - Commander Application (01-29-2020)
    //showthrea...3105#post43105
    P0tat0 - Commander Application
    //showthrea...6231#post56231

Ban Appeals:
    No Ban Appeals so far.

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC+08

What is your discord username and handle?
    FrenchFries#7131

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A Commander's job is to be the manifestation of the will of the United States Colonial Marines and USCM High Command. It is the Commander's job to ensure that all departments are operating smoothly and that everything is going smoothly in the ongoing combat operation, either traditionally, by leading from his or her CIC, or pro-actively, by fighting and suffering alongside his or her men. Aside from the above, it is the Commander's responsibility to ensure that the marines and the crew are acting as what is expected of the United States Colonial Marines, in addition, it is the Commander's responsibility to act as a judge whenever the marines or crew deviate from these expectations.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I want to give the marines a more entertaining experience per round to the likes of Carson, Windhealer and so many more. I also wish to experience more RP situations, something XO or MP don't get often.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    In my opinion, by being whitelisted, I can contribute by providing the marines with alternative and hopefully entertaining ways of accomplishing (or failing, it happens.) a mission. I also believe I can provide the shipside crew with hopefully entertaining RP situations to at least liven up their gameplay.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Anders Brightwood is a calm and collected man, he is typically not fond of violence, but when worse comes to worst, he is more than willing to draw his weapon or clench his fists for a fight. In high adrenaline situations, such as in combat, he becomes very energetic, often leading others on towards the enemy and urging them to keep going all the way.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    The USS Hudson is a Sword-class Rapid Response Attack Vessel, essentially a Corvette with range in mind. It was first assigned to the First Fleet under the then-Captain Bill Carson until 2188, when it was reassigned to the Third Fleet under the freshly minted Captain Anders Brightwood to replace the USS Alistoun which had been forced off the sector after its marine battalion was mostly decimated by an unknown force.

USS HUDSON STATISTICS:
    Vessel Specifications:
    Length: 420 ft (128 m)
    Crew Capacity: 120
    Empty Weight: 30, 000 tonnes
    Gross Weight: 40, 000 tonnes

Engine:
    General Atomics M11 Tachyon Drive - capable of 0.80 lightyears per day on low power to an afterburner speed of 2.00 lightyears per day.
    General Atomics M50 Fusion Reactor - can output 1.5 terawatts of power.

Electronic Counter-measures:
    "HALVE-BLACK" Ceramic Tiles
    UA/GJS M15 Electronic Countermeasure Suite
    VPES-4: an efficient version of the VPES-3, it can release sensor disrupting clouds even while the ship's engine is running.

Projectile Counter-measures:
    8 UA/PDS M1 Dual-Barrel Laser Trophy System
    4 UA/PDS M20 "Defender" MLRS
    2 UA/PDS M4 "Marauder" ASAT Launchers, typically loaded with ASAT-21 'Rapier' Missiles

Sensor Package:
    AN/LIDAR-9
    AN/SPQ-337
    AN/PRQ-77
    AN/PIR-27 "Percy"

Main Armaments:
    4 0.6 cm/140 General Atomics M70 Railgun, often considered the little brother of the 0.75cm/140 Mark 74 General Atomics Railgun.
    6 M40 Missile Launchers, loaded with *ASAT-24 "Spear" Missiles
    *Dedicated Ship-killer Missile

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    A junior officer silently shuffles along the halls of the Chinook 91 GSO Station, towards a door marked "Head of Combat Operation Assignments" and below it, there was the name "VADM. Oliver F. Perseus". The officer knocks, and after waiting for a few moments, the door is suddenly opened. The officer gives the VADM a brisk salute before he is let in.

"The dossiers you requested, sir." the officer sharply says and he lays the stack of folders he was carrying to the VADM's table.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. You are dismissed." the VADM remarks before pointing to the door, at which point the junior officer gives one last brisk salute and leaves.

Alone yet again, the VADM takes the first folder on the stack. This folder has a name written on it: "CPT Anders Brightwood"

The first paper on the folder reads as follows:

--------UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES EMPLOYMENT RECORD--------
    NAME: ANDERS BRIGHTWOOD
    BIRTHDATE: 08/14/2165
    BIRTHPLACE: LITTLE SPRINGS, MINNESOTA

POSTING: USS HUDSON
    FLEET ASSIGNMENT: THIRD FLEET

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
    RECIPIENT OF COMBAT ACTION RIBBON FOR PARTICIPATION OF 2188 LV-555 INSURRECTION
    RECIPIENT OF USCM COMMENDATION MEDAL FOR SAVING FELLOW MARINES DURING OPERATION MORNING GLORY AS SSGT
    RECIPIENT OF USCM ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL FOR ACTIONS ON OPERATION ROARING THUNDER AS LCPL *DETAILS REDACTED - CONTACT LOCAL PROVOST MARSHALL FOR CLEARANCE*

DESCRIPTION - ADDED BY CDRE. RYAN S. GOODMAN
    He's a good man sir. He may be a bit timid at times but when it comes down to it, he can do a damn fine job. He's quite competent when it comes to commanding men, he also cares for those under his command, but will always prioritize the mission first. In my opinion sir, he'll be a more than satisfactory replacement for CPT. Hind of the 44th Falling Falcons Battalion.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stapled with the paper is various reports regarding his conduct and his achievements and minor combat action reports that CPT Brightwood has accumulated over his time patrolling the Herculis Sector.

The VADM smirks to himself and quietly says, "Let's see if this one can fit the bill." then stamps the folder with "APPROVED FOR TRANSFER" before signing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later, aboard the USS Houston...

"Captain Brightwood, sir!" says one of the Lieutenants, panting.

'What is it, Lieutenant?" remarks the Captain.

"Sir, urgent message from High Command." says the Lieutenant, but not before giving the Captain a brisk salute then gives the envelope to him.

The Captain returns the salute before taking the envelope. In it, it read:

USCM PRIORITY MESSAGE
    RECIPIENT: CPT ANDERS BRIGHTWOOD
    CC: TRANSFER ORDERS

Captain Brightwood, you are hereby being transferred to the USS Almayer and will be put in charge of the 44th Falling Falcons Battalion.

A transport shuttle will arrive within the next two days, Sol Time, to take you to your new post.

You are expected to be operating within the USS Almayer by 11/01/2190.

VADM Oliver F. Perseus
    Head of Combat Operation Assignments

ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I've played SL so many times that I consider this role as one of my favorites. The feeling of decimating the enemy with an OB then leading a charge against them is something unlike any other.

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    I've played this role many times, although it doesn't have the same thrill as an SL or the same responsibilities as an XO, I can say that I am having fun even though I just sit behind a console, watching the marines' shenanigans. The feeling of knowing that you're part of the reason why the marines won in combat is a good one.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    CE: I rarely play this role, but when I do, I can get things done relatively quickly and without fuss ICly and OOCly. Don't expect me to start brewing explosives however.

RO: One of my personal favorite roles to play, I know how to play this role like the back of my hand.

CMP: Not one of my fondest experiences, but I can relatively get the job done without much fuss, although I am deliberate when it comes to judging prisoners.

CMO: I rarely ever get this role, even when set to high. The only times that I do are typically in lowpop, when I do get this role, I can get things done rather quickly and without much fuss, for the medical and procedural side that is. For the chemistry side, I tend to be a bit slow as I have to keep reading the wiki to make sure I get it right.

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    Another personal favorite of mine, I have played this role countless times, the feeling of leading the marines to victory, especially in lowpop, where the odds are stacked against the marines, is VERY rewarding. When I'm in this role, I can get the job done with efficiency and skill.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I am very familiar with Marine Law and SOP, so much so that I can go on through entire ops as XO or MP without opening either, although I still tend to consult it from time to time just to check.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    I believe BE's should only be used if the situation becomes dire enough that simply arresting the criminal would take too long and would most likely endanger the crew and the entire operation. An example would be a marine repeatedly shooting fellow marines after being warned multiple times, that right there is a very clear act of sabotaging the operation and is causing direct danger to the crew, and as such is a BE-able offense.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    In circumstances where the crime committed was unintentional or was a clear case of an accident.

Examples of crimes I would pardon are Manslaughter and Prevarication

Examples of crimes I would NOT pardon are Assault (both types) and Sexual Harassment

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    As soon as I spawn in, I typically greet the Command comms channel to see who is up (ICly) or what is often the case, check the crew manifest (OOCly). I then announce the Briefing time and location as XO or SO if I'm alone. After that, I go obtain some Medhuds from Medbay for each and every CIC staff currently present at that time.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    Generally speaking, as I prefer to have a singular response to most situations for flexibility and standardization, I would first infer on their issues and see if it can be solved so as to resume regular operations. Otherwise, I would order the department to resume their duties if their issue cannot be resolved within a reasonable timeframe. If they still resist, I would have the insubordinate department staff arrested for Insubordination and Neglect of Duty.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    This is a situation I face often, in these cases, I often supplement the available CIC staff by viewing both the tactical map and the overwatch consoles, the same goes for when I am the only CIC staff, I view all the Overwatch consoles and then the tactical map before I make decisions on the situations. In both cases, I would definitely ask more information from my SLs and listen in on their radio chatter to ensure I have accurate information to act upon.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would try to convince the marine to join the battalion on their ongoing operation, should he or she refuse, which oftentimes, they will, I would send my MPs or my deputized CIC staff to arrest this marine for Desertion.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, just went through the previous versions of your app, and it seemed like the general consensus was that you needed more time/experience, so taking the time you did before adding this new app was a good call. Can't say I have seen you much personally, but I'm willing to chalk that down to a timezone deal. From what others have said you seem active enough.

Your answers here were mostly acceptable, if on the short side. I'm afraid to say I am less than familiar with the new application, so it is hard for me to say which ones need beefing up. What I can say is that your story is on the extremely short side, but hey this isn't a Pred app. We don't need a novella to tell much about you, but a little more would be nice.

So for now I'm gonna hold with neutral, until you answer these questions (one of which I may or may not have shamelessly nicked from Fortelian).

1. When passing the brig you hear the CMP talking to a prisoner. You manage to catch the phrase "I suppose I'll skip the rest of your sentence because you're the SADAR spec and it was only assault that wasn't too assaulty." There is a CMP, and an MP. The prisoner was the Delta spec (SADAR) arrested for assault ordered by an PO because they punched the PO 7 times. For the sake of the question, you know he is guilty. What do you do in this situation?

2. Marines are trying to break their way into req, to get spec kits before they can be sent to the FOB. You already announced where they would be sent, so how do you rectify this situation?

Also final note on your BE answer. Shooting everyone and calling it a day is not a great answer, but if they try to shoot you, you have a mateba for a reason. In your app you say multiple times shooting marines to be a requirement for you, but if a marine takes even one intentional shot at you, you need to be ready with a quickdraw.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based XO, you know how to do stuff. I observed you and when the CO died you took control of the operation and lead it in a fine way. Just make sure you know marine law, because it is a giant scary monster that will kill you unless you tame it and use it against your opponents.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Alright, just went through the previous versions of your app, and it seemed like the general consensus was that you needed more time/experience, so taking the time you did before adding this new app was a good call. Can't say I have seen you much personally, but I'm willing to chalk that down to a timezone deal. From what others have said you seem active enough.

Your answers here were mostly acceptable, if on the short side. I'm afraid to say I am less than familiar with the new application, so it is hard for me to say which ones need beefing up. What I can say is that your story is on the extremely short side, but hey this isn't a Pred app. We don't need a novella to tell much about you, but a little more would be nice.

So for now I'm gonna hold with neutral, until you answer these questions (one of which I may or may not have shamelessly nicked from Fortelian).

1. When passing the brig you hear the CMP talking to a prisoner. You manage to catch the phrase "I suppose I'll skip the rest of your sentence because you're the SADAR spec and it was only assault that wasn't too assaulty." There is a CMP, and an MP. The prisoner was the Delta spec (SADAR) arrested for assault ordered by an PO because they punched the PO 7 times. For the sake of the question, you know he is guilty. What do you do in this situation?

2. Marines are trying to break their way into req, to get spec kits before they can be sent to the FOB. You already announced where they would be sent, so how do you rectify this situation?

Also final note on your BE answer. Shooting everyone and calling it a day is not a great answer, but if they try to shoot you, you have a mateba for a reason. In your app you say multiple times shooting marines to be a requirement for you, but if a marine takes even one intentional shot at you, you need to be ready with a quickdraw.
    1. I will come in and overrule the CMP, considering that the SADAR is definitely guilty of Assault since he punched the PO multiple times, in addition to that, they must also finish their sentence as dictated
    by their charges, unless they of course appeal right then and there, to which case I'll hear the SADAR out. As for the CMP, I will remind him that the only way to lessen a sentence is via appeals, of
    which I was not informed of, and that otherwise, the accused must finish their sentence.

2. Two Cases first: Case 1 is that there are no MPs whatsoever. Case 2 is that there are MPs available.
    Case 1: I will convince the marines that the marines on the ground need the Spec Kits more than the shipside marines, if they still insist, I'll have Requisitions boarded up and the Spec Kits sent to the
    ground as fast as possible.
    Case 2: I will also convince the marines that the marines on the ground need the Spec Kits more than the shipside marines, otherwise, I'll order the marines to deploy immediately and send MPs to
    enforce that order. As insurance for any wise-cracking marines with tools, I'll urge Req to get the Spec Kits down to the AO in the next crate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I know you make a mighty fine OW and you sure as hell listen to others as well as SLs.

Problem is I vaguely recall you playing SL, which I believe has been quite awhile too.

Sadly I'll be -1'ing this app until someone can vouch for your SL'ing or I see ya in action leading mighty fine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P0tat0 View Post

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I want to give the marines a more entertaining experience per round to the likes of Carson, Windhealer and so many more. I also wish to experience more RP situations, something XO or MP don't get often.
    I have great concerns regarding your "RP".

This is not CO standards. Not at all.

Your story (potential topics listed below)-snip-
    This story is completely lackluster, which wouldn't even pose much of a problem if you could manage to uphold RP standards ingame.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    In circumstances where the crime committed was unintentional or was a clear case of an accident.

Examples of crimes I would pardon are Manslaughter and Prevarication

Examples of crimes I would NOT pardon are Assault (both types) and Sexual Harassment
    I'm not a fan of this answer at all. Blanket pardons for specific crimes and not mentioning using pardons for those guilty but for petty crimes or essential to the operation or morale.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would try to convince the marine to join the battalion on their ongoing operation, should he or she refuse, which oftentimes, they will, I would send my MPs or my deputized CIC staff to arrest this marine for Desertion.
    This answer is wrong. You're not going to be able to reasonably arrest a deserter while you are both deployed if they are in the AO.

Now, as someone who plays this game FREQUENTLY as a moderator and CO I have to say I have only seen you once or twice (and I play a lot of lowpop) and I was not impressed, especially looking at that screenshot above. Your application is lackluster, I'm not impressed by your conduct, and you don't meet RP standards, however I am still undecided.

Have some questions and then I'll vote.
    1. The CL is recruiting an entire squad of marines into his PMC force. Who do you punish and for what crimes?

2. The sole MP decides to flashbang the dropship. In what situations is this acceptable if at all? How would you handle this MP?

3. A man is detained on charges of Assault with a deadly weapon. They requested an appeal when they came in to the brig. They now have 3 minutes left in their sentence. How do you proceed?

4. The CMP decides to execute a prisoner and you were not notified. How do you handle this ICly and OOCly?

5. How do you plan to meet our roleplay standards as CO? What are some examples of "gimmicks" you plan to pull off like Dreven?

6. An SO accidently fires an OB on FOB coords, what do you do?

7. All of the intelligence team is dead and you are stuck at DEFCON 5. Req is empty, you have two SOs. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must apologize to those who took the time to review and comment on this whitelist, but I must withdraw this one. College is starting to pick up and I fear I may not be able to answer more questions in the future in time or even play SS13 often. My apologies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care, life comes first. We'll be waiting for you if you ever have time for the server again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck, Play at your own pace. If you want to slowly get some work in towards the whitelist you can always keep playing and COs will look for your name so we can build up some info to vote. Also, in future you don't need to answer all questions asked and you have no timeline to do anything. Best of luck and I'm rooting for you, please do apply again in the future. If you need any help or want to ask a question you can @ me on discord, I don't mind helping a dude out.
    Tyrus 'Shoeless' Jackson (Moderately Competent)
    TOT, Formerly TO-T0 (HRP Xeno)

GhostGhost360#7429 on Discord

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based xo. I look forward to seeing you write another app