Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Guide to FOB Siege - Death to Cade Huggers

A Guide to FOB Siege - Death to Cade Huggers

Introduction
    ================================================== ====
    A sequel to the Hive Defence guide, this is a guide to help Xenos better siege the Marine built FOB.

It is important to note that how well you can siege an FOB really depends on your pre-FOB Siege battle. Where:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

It is highly recommended you read my first guide on Xeno Hive Defence and understand it before you read this guide. At this point, some of the specifics may be outdated, like maturity which has been removed, but most of the guide is still applicable to this day.

This guide, like the old one, will be written in a way that helps readers understand and not make their minds narrowminded. I like people with creative strats/tactics, so hopefully this guide does encourage people into that form of thinking.

This guide will also assume that things didnt go too well with Hive Defence and you are on a 50-50% chance to win.(Marines will continue the offensive if it is 60-40%)

Preface

Now, unlike Hive Defence, actual principles are much simpler and easily categorised. But, it is tricky and requires someone with quick thinking/pre-planned attacks/disciplined/quick reactions(Or rather, a quick and general understanding of the situation).

In Principle, we can deduce them into:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Your Objectives
    Spoiler Spoiler:

We will be using Big Red LZ1 FOB as the main map example as they provide most of the history and good context of Mega FOB sieges.

Methods and Styles

Weakest Link
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dispersion of Numbers

Spoiler Spoiler:

Organisation and Communication

Spoiler Spoiler:

Siege Weapons

Spoiler Spoiler:

Actual Strength of Numbers
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Skirmishing
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Time & Supplies
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Examples, Case Studies and Illustration
    In Development

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guide is incomplete.

Also, reserving this section.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give an example. Marine side, didn't grab pictures but this one was pretty memorable.

Ice colony, marines have landed at LZ1. It's August 2020, and I have latejoined as a charlie engineer. Me and my pals start fortifying bar, and we get notice that the marine force got routed from belowground and is withdrawing to bar. In a few minutes, they arrive. Bar falls under heavy attack soon after, but I notice something - they only have one boiler.

Long story short bar was doomed to fall and so we returned to the fob. Engi gang went early to reinforce the fob while the marines at bar bought us time.

Once arriving at fob we found that it was awfully secured, but req had been kind enough to drop about 300 metal for us. With associated other supplies.

Engi gang of 3 engis, using brilliant coordination and constant welding, managed to not only hold the fob, but expand it even larger than before. We were almost only assaulted from the west, the northeast flank being basically untouched, and only a single rav coming from aerodrome.

So many xenos suicided into the 5-layer western side that we managed to win the round.

Xenos made every mistake that they could make, and were punished severely for it
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang