User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93

Thread: roleplaying in modern cm

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird argument about new players being the problem.

    New players are just molded to the environment they're introduced to and the ones who can't be molded are weeded out and leave.

  2. #52
    Moderator BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really depends on your definition of RP. For me, shooting the shit with my fellow Alphas is RP, as we are playing dumbass marines who are trying to fill the time waiting for the DS, Brief, or something of the like. I feel like a big genre of lrp is just the utterly silent guys who unga straight into the hive without ever responding to any input besides seeing bugs or medics.
    - Squad Leader Charles 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

    (Probably already dead)






  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    216
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    Yeah well they're still the reason why the small dedicated community faded away and why people like you popped up
    People "like me" what ever that means as you don't know my IC character I might your favorite guy to play with so this is ignorant...

    So if ""people like me"" would not come to the server...there would be no server. That "dedicated people" you see? They are there because there are people on the server and there is reason to stay. I'm not even sure if you are trolling at this point or just dumb. All those other non ss13 servers at one point had much higher pops. Now years later they are zero.

    If there are no people coming, nobody will join a server with 2 players. Damn you are delusional.

    I'm done "arguing" as I actually know players who play way longer than you as in double. They told me exactly how things were are some of these players went on to be mods or helping with small developments. The rosy picture you are painting is not true at all. You are the kind of guy who will always talk about 'the good old days'...and keep complaining every single day, as he did during those 'good old days' /facepalm

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    216
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Okay then let me rephrase

    Large amounts of new people were brought into CM at the same time, which destabilized server culture, as expected. While normally these people would've eventually adjusted by observing interactions carried out by old players, the groups that made the server what it is were in strong decline for a few reasons and eventually died out. The combination of those factors lead to old server culture being lost. And I came here after watching mandalore too.

    Happy?
    Happier as saying this is true unlike the other general new people bad statement.

    Do people even realize that people have alts? That random named PFC you see? Yeah he might be a long time CO playing on an alt. He will still get the muh new player treatment.

    And yes, people see what others do and mimic them that's one. If the "old timers" act like idiots and players starting to mimic them we need be be surprised?

    Also game play will FORCE people to do things differently like we were able to in years before. Since xenos are unkillable, there is less banter, mini-tactics and cohersion between players. Don't know what I'm talking about? Head over to TGMC and you will see it. Since there you can solo a T3 in 3 seconds, you bet your *ss players will talk and work together to make the kill happen as it's possible.

    But when in CM we have an S8 scope in a kit that a new player will take, we won't even realize that he is FFing marines and do virtually no damage ever to xenos. Imagine his gameplay experience if he doesn't even know what is IFF. That is a CM problem as we have noobtraps and no easily understandable descriptions.

    Now you can say to read the wiki, ask SEA or do this do that. Why? TGMC has a help button virtually next to everything and explains exactly what ti does. And if you played, you should know their gun and armor play puts CM to shame it's so deep. 3 types of armor on CM? In TGMC you got like 200 combinations with armor.

    Eh need a beer.

  5. #55
    Member lanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    People "like me" what ever that means as you don't know my IC character I might your favorite guy to play with so this is ignorant...

    So if ""people like me"" would not come to the server...there would be no server. That "dedicated people" you see? They are there because there are people on the server and there is reason to stay. I'm not even sure if you are trolling at this point or just dumb. All those other non ss13 servers at one point had much higher pops. Now years later they are zero.

    If there are no people coming, nobody will join a server with 2 players. Damn you are delusional.

    I'm done "arguing" as I actually know players who play way longer than you as in double. They told me exactly how things were are some of these players went on to be mods or helping with small developments. The rosy picture you are painting is not true at all. You are the kind of guy who will always talk about 'the good old days'...and keep complaining every single day, as he did during those 'good old days' /facepalm
    oh hey, finally something factually correct coming from your side - I don't know your character. Though I gotta disappoint you, that's of no relevance to me nor this topic.
    Also, sorry, can't help myself but really I gotta quote you from the tank thread here because I think you nailed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    I'm a nobody.
    Again, you are just assuming that X would happen, so I won't even go into detail over that. Go ask feweh, rahl, neth, mattatlas, spooky or whoever you deem relevant from different eras of server and they will all tell you that CM was steadily growing no matter the year. CM was also never in a position of dropping down to the bottom of the byond hub because it was always the only server of its kind.

    There's a pretty big misunderstanding from your side though,
    I have never stated that bringing a wave of new players was a terrible thing for the server in terms of population, everything was related to the 'server culture' which don had summed up few posts above.

    Large amounts of new people were brought into CM at the same time, which destabilized server culture, as expected. While normally these people would've eventually adjusted by observing interactions carried out by old players, the groups that made the server what it is were in strong decline for a few reasons and eventually died out. The combination of those factors lead to old server culture being lost
    And now the best part,
    You know people that have played longer than me AND became staff? Jesus man, you want a medal for interhuman relations?
    'you are the kind of guy who will' is an unwarranted assumption, no point in defending myself against this lol


    edit; ill stop the derailing, dont expect a response from me.
    Last edited by lanche; 04-10-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    nothing more than an alt account

    ''Another tax payer funded Delta safari''

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    People "like me" what ever that means as you don't know my IC character I might your favorite guy to play with so this is ignorant...

    I'm done "arguing" as I actually know players who play way longer than you as in double. They told me exactly how things were are some of these players went on to be mods or helping with small developments. The rosy picture you are painting is not true at all. You are the kind of guy who will always talk about 'the good old days'...and keep complaining every single day, as he did during those 'good old days' /facepalm
    I think you're a bit confused Tony.

    They're simply saying that you argue using your personal experience and opinions while others are using statistics and prior stats.
    A lot of what you say in defense or in arguments comes from "your opinion" or "your experience" and has little weight to the discussion at hand.

  7. #57
    Junior Member johnravioli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I roleplayed a few times but that was it.

  8. #58
    Junior Member Trevintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I uh.. well it's pretty interesting when you are MP + CMP ...

  9. #59
    Senior Member special2kira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevintor View Post
    I uh.. well it's pretty interesting when you are MP + CMP ...
    ew mp main??????
    i jest I adore all mp main

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined maybe a week ago. My first match was mind-blowing. Waking up from hypersleep, grabbing a bite to eat, fumbling my way around the locker room, having someone grab me and show me how to get kitted out, lining up for a briefing by the CO, boarding the drop ship.. amazing shit for a new player. I felt completely immersed, it was outstanding. In that regard I suppose RP is sort of forced upon you by having to do those very basic actions. Over the next few games I got a small dose of RP with fellow squad marines in between getting murdered by xenos. Not enough RP to be cringe, but just enough to add some fun flavor to the game.

    However I've noticed a few things in the short time that I've been here. Someone pointed out that it's pretty hard to roleplay once you're planetside and engaged, and I sort of agree. You can add a little bit of flavor, but for the most part you're pretty busy just trying to stay alive and contribute to the team. Even taking a few extra moments to write something witty can end up being very costly to yourself or the team. Also.. at times this game seems to have some of the worst, most toxic, preteen call of duty lobby type players I've ever seen. Your team needs murder machine players to even stand a chance but god DAMN it absolutely ruins the game. The truly terrible part is there appears to be zero repercussions for being an absolute toxic shitbag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •