Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AlbertBlackwell - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    AlbertBlackwell

Player Name You Use Most?
    Albert Blackwell

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    //showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban)

MP job ban appeal, successfully appealed.

//showthrea...ja-Application

Yautja Application, accepted.

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC+0

What is your discord username and handle?
    AlbertBlackwell#7506

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A Commanding Officer is someone who's job is to spice up the round and add more variety into an operation, whether it's through unconventional strategies or challenging those around them to think outside of the box when it comes to planning and execution. Example, one round where I was XO and was with Crimson as my CO we came up with this strategy on LV which was to create a huge wall of cades across the river, funnily enough it actually worked and we secured a marine major, although we did have some trouble with the squads complying which is a huge issue with commanding marines.

Commanding Officers should strive to share their experience and talent with other CO's and those present within the CIC, additionally CO's should be asking their XO's "Is this a good plan?" "Can we improve this together so everyone has a better experience?". An example here would be that your XO has created a 'new' plan which is to drop LZ2 on prison but default to normal squad orders (Alpha on power, Bravo FOB, Charlie and Delta infirm). My belief is that a good Commanding Officer should challenge this and ask the XO this "Well Charlie has three engineers but bravo has one, wouldn't it be better to put them onto the FOB?" A CO who has a strategy that works on a certain map should always try to implement it even if your concerned that marines might pull a 'funny one' and lock onto meta-orders.

Finally, a CO should be actively working to strengthen communication between the CIC and the marines by deploying and relaying information to the CIC, ordering OB's and leading pushes. When deployed I see CO's as a rally point for marines and CO's should strive to take advantage of that whenever they deploy.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I would like to become a Commanding Officer because I feel I'm competent, experienced and have a somewhat decent character lined up to fulfil the requirements needed to become one, I've always seen becoming a Commanding Officer as a goal of mine and I feel ready to grab out and achieve this goal. I am very open to the idea of me roleplaying regularly as a CO, and I wish to expand and learn more about RPing if I become a CO.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    What I can contribute to the CO whitelist if I am whitelisted is I'm very open to the idea of roleplaying regularly through events or regular rounds and interactions with other players. If I am whitelisted I would like the opportunity to work with other CO's to create some extra-unordinary battleplans for maps that have never been seen or used before, plans that are *really* unique.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    My Commanding Officer is a real chain smoking hawk-eyed charismatic man of the Corp, his tactics are aggressive and rely heavily on on the USCMC's motto "PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER" which means he will use every single piece of weaponry at his disposal to uproot and flush the enemy out of their positions, even if it may be excessive at times.

Having a offensive force that is constantly moving and stabbing the enemy in the rear, as seen by him, is the best and easily setup but the squad(s) executing it must be complacent and willing to follow those orders. If for some reason the aggression is matched by the OPFOR and Albert is forced onto the defensive then he will do everything in his god damned power to get the marines moving and momentum restored probably through an intense orbital bombardment, allocation of defcon points to CAS for precise and heavy firemissions. Hell he'll probably deploy to call them all in and lead the marine personally, that is he can trust the XO/whoever is in CIC to reliably lead the marines in his direction.

Shipside is almost equally important to Albert as without requisitions/medical who's going to supply the marines with ammo, the specs with their ammo and engineers with metal and heal marines that have been wounded/infected? Making sure requisitions is staffed and has the sufficient amount cash needed for it to function is ESSENTIAL which is why most defcon points will be allocated to req and the rest to OBs/Firesupport. Additionally, medical is just as important but Albert trusts the doctors to get the job done.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    Albert Blackwell commands a custom Conestoga class troop transport named USS *Cataclysm*, build to provide more firepower via the replacement of the internal space with four additional XIM-28A Long Lance ASAT missiles, in addition the orbital mines have been completely removed from the ship to provide more space for the addition of additional Particle Beams and laser CIWs and their required components, systems and sub-systems granting a full 360 degrees of countermeasures. However as a result the crew onboard is 100 strong and the AI mainframe has undergone significant upgrades to accommodate for the changes.

The crew/passengers itself consists of 2000 passengers (Marines/USCMC contractors etc) and 4 UD4 Dropships, the ship also consists of a platoon of SPECFOR currently undergoing [REDACTED].

Note, the ship's primary role is to be a carrier and it's secondary role is to act as a warship.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    Very experienced with squad lead.

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    Easily the role I'm most experienced with.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    Very familiar with CE duties, mained CE for a while.

Very familiar with req.

CMP is my weakpoint, I don't play it at all but I fully understand marine law.

CMO, I know every surgery and what to do.

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    Very confident with it, I'm able to lead an operation by myself and get a victory.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    Familiar with it.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    BE's are seen as a *very* *VERY* last resort in my eyes, as there are many better ways to solve the situations that may warrant one. BE's, in my eyes, should only be used if the player that you are about to BE is:

1) A detriment to the operation as a whole and marines will benefit from them getting BE'd.
    2) No way of redeeming themselves in any way.
    3) Failure to listen and take in orders from command, which are vital in the success of the operation

An example is Delta lead has rushed all the way to labs on trijent, the queen quickly isolates the squad and annihilates them the SL and a couple of PFCs manage to escape. Delta lead failed to listen to orders and got their entire squad crushed and has possibly reinforced the xenomorphs with a few caps. This is a textbook example of a BE, I'd also ahelp them failing to listen to orders from command.

Charlie lead has just abandoned his position at the front and is refusing to push against around 5 xenos, they have a full squad with 20 marines around 10 are present on the frontline including the spec and SG, there is a mix of marines from other squads present the push is vital for the success of the operation, lets say it's chapel on prison, since he has abandoned his position xenos are able to rally up and push to infirm where the unprepared marines are getting slaughtered because the marines have followed charlie lead off to the FOB where charlie squad is rallying up. Charlie lead has endangered the lives of many marines during this operation when asked to return to the ship and surrender to the MPs they throw a "f you command!!" This here I know the SL was a credible threat to my operation and I would personally deploy to deal with the SL offering one last chance of surrender before issuing the BE, while deployed I'd attempt to utilise DEFCON and firesupport to attempt to get the marines to push out and capture chapel/infirm.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    The circumstances that the commanding officer is able to approve a pardon for a prisoner is, they have committed a minor, major or capital crime *WITH EXPLICT PERMISSION FROM HC VIA A FAX*.

A crime I would pardon is that an engineer broke a window into req to fetch the mortar committing minor DTGP, I'd pardon them because engineers are vital to the operation, most rounds get around 3-6 of them which isn't a lot and engineers often carry extra mats, turrets etc.

A major crime I would pardon is assault, this one is quite hard to pardon without the proper investigation by MPs, assuming the MPs have investigated every inch of this and have come to the conclusion that the PFC responsible said it to the Staff Officer leading their squad after they failed to call out xenos flanking them, while having information they would be coming, the PFC threatened to "Smash their face in" the SO then ordered the arrest of the PFC.

An example of a crime I would not pardon is a Maint tech and a OT have just kidnapped a MP because they were attempting to arrest them for trespassing, the MP calls out their location and they are quickly swarmed and arrested for the following crimes: Illegal Confinement, Neglect of duty, Trespassing, major resisting arrest and assault. Honestly, these two individuals are a detriment to the safety and security of the ship and I see no reason to have them released early.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    As a XO the first thing I do is check all heads of staff are present which they hopefully are, I then head to the OW consoles and make sure all SLs are present and if not assign positions accordingly. Next thing I do is see what strategies I can come up with, I then consult my SO's/CO on the plan then make adjustments according to their input, I do briefing then once marines have touched down planetside relay orders and adjust them accordingly if required.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    I have no time for insubordination as it can disrupt the momentum of pushes and getting marines down where they're needed. Here are what I would do for each department:

Medical, generally medical is very well behaved and is easily one of the best departments in terms of compliance. However, when medical will fail to follow orders it's a lot more difficult to replace the insubordinate staff because I cannot get a spare Staff Officer to do surgery. For this I'd replace the CMO with the Synth and demote the CMO to either a doctor OR a passenger depending on the level of insubordination and since medical aren't immune to marine law as civilians I would have an MP arrest the ringleader of the insubordinate staff as arresting everyone involved is too excessive and will generally get whoever to stop.

Requisitions, req is the blood of any operation and any form of insubordination will not be tolerated under any circumstances. What I would do to get rid of this problem is to replace the insubordinate staff with a *competent and experienced* Staff Officer with access to requisitions and possibly the Synth if present, the staff in question should be arrested by MPs unless otherwise.

Military Police, MPs should not be insubordinate as that breaks marine law if that happens I'll just ahelp it and deal with it icly by deputising an SO and carrying out the required punishments along with faxing HC to bring out a Provost Marshall and have some RP.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I am often alone within the CIC as I mainly play on lowpop/medpop hours. I consider myself a master at solo-CIC as I'm able to manage all the squads and uphold a above average level of communication between squads.

If it was myself and the XO I see no trouble in managing the CIC with the XO and myself acting as a staff officer for all squads, it really isn't different to how I normally operate.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    Every marine is important to Albert, the right marine in the right place can make a huge difference. That marine could've killed a warrior that's been harassing the HELL out of the backlines.

Albert will use some of his *natural* charisma and persuasion on the marine and try to convince him otherwise, if the marine is persuaded then it's a good job done. However if the marine does not change his mind and Albert knows that he can't change his mind then he cannot persuade a man who's made his mind up, Albert would notify MPs who will await for his arrival back at the ship.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I can easily support you getting CO.

You're competent at SL and play the role quite often as well.

I see you in CIC but never had you as my OW so can't really say much towards that. But you're in CIC quite a bit so I'm sure yer mighty fine as OW.

Other than this, there isn't anything else to say towards yer in-game experiences.

+1 from me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is alright but I've got two things to say:
    1. BE is not a last resort and does not have to be. It just has to meet the BE guidelines.
    2. You're not going to be able to arrest a deserting marine. They're most likely not going to be returning to the Almayer peacefully. They're also partaking in a capital crime. BE them.

I don't think I've seen you play recently but that's probably for my own reasons. I also hear you were deWLed fron pred? And you have an interesting note history. I'll give you some questions.

Questions
    1. The CL is recruiting an entire squad of marines into his PMC force. Who do you punish and for what crimes?

2. The tank has been exceptional this round, but the driver is now permadead. How do you resolve this situation?

3. A man is detained on charges of Assault with a deadly weapon. They requested an appeal when they came in to the brig. They now have 3 minutes left in their sentence. How do you proceed?

4. The CMP decides to execute a prisoner and you were not notified. How do you handle this ICly and OOCly?

5. An SO accidently fires an OB on FOB coords, what do you do?

6. All of the intelligence team is dead and you are stuck at DEFCON 5. Req is empty, you have two SOs. What do you do?

Also, please explain your situation with the pred deWLing.
    Last edited by Basedoperator; 10-30-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw you many times as SL and i am always happy when i see you as one of my SOs. Can't judge you as XO since i always take that spot, but i will say that as SO you never failed me. Perhaps even more important for me is that i've never seen any LRP behaviour from you as SL or SO and i like that you mention RP as one of the things you want to focus on.

One think i am missing in your app regarding the insubordinate deparmets is perhaps the most important one of them all, command. How would you handle insubordinate SOs/XO if they either refuse to man their stations or outright go against your orders. In case of XO, how would you handle him intentionally announcing different orders from yours? (say that you are deployed at the time)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally a name i reconize in game. You are good at your role and know how to do it. You know how to button press and how to tell order. You spent a large amount of time playing the game. Go give em hell +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    Your application is alright but I've got two things to say:
    1. BE is not a last resort and does not have to be. It just has to meet the BE guidelines.
    2. You're not going to be able to arrest a deserting marine. They're most likely not going to be returning to the Almayer peacefully. They're also partaking in a capital crime. BE them.

I don't think I've seen you play recently but that's probably for my own reasons. I also hear you were deWLed fron pred? And you have an interesting note history. I'll give you some questions.

Questions
    1. The CL is recruiting an entire squad of marines into his PMC force. Who do you punish and for what crimes?

2. The tank has been exceptional this round, but the driver is now permadead. How do you resolve this situation?

3. A man is detained on charges of Assault with a deadly weapon. They requested an appeal when they came in to the brig. They now have 3 minutes left in their sentence. How do you proceed?

4. The CMP decides to execute a prisoner and you were not notified. How do you handle this ICly and OOCly?

5. An SO accidently fires an OB on FOB coords, what do you do?

6. All of the intelligence team is dead and you are stuck at DEFCON 5. Req is empty, you have two SOs. What do you do?

Also, please explain your situation with the pred deWLing.

1) The CL would be committing sedition which in itself is a capital crime and I'd be fully within my right to BE them for attempting to undermine myself and the command structure, however from a character perspective I'd rather let the MPs lock the CL up in perma. The marines that have joined the CL would have committed desertion and Aiding and Abetting to overthrow the command structure but I'd be willing to let them back into the corp if they leave the PMC as every marine is valuable and as mentioned in my application the right marine in the right place can make all the difference.

2) This situation is pretty easy to resolve if I have a synthetic unit present, I'd assign the synth to be the tank driver as they have the skills to do it and they are fully capable of driving the tank, however if there is not a synthetic present then I'd order the tank back to the FOB to act as a firesupport system for the defence of the FOB.

3) Every prisoner has the right to appeal, I'd listen to the prisoner and if they're able to make their case within 3 minutes and I'm persuaded to let them go, I'm more then happy releasing them early even if they have a little under 1 minute remaining.

4) Occly the CMP has broken marine law by committing an unauthorised execution/murder and that must be ahelped, icly I'd fax HC asking for guidance on how to deal with a CMP who has basically committed murder requesting a Provost Marshall to come and investigate the situation which would be an interesting RP event, until the Provost Marshall arrives I'd demote the CMP to passenger.

5) Sometimes SO's may fire an OB is through confusion and a lack of clarity, this is something very much present most rounds and I'd be somewhat sympathetic, if the Staff Officer truly mistook the FOB coords for an OB the charge I'd arrest them under would be Manslaughter as they did not maliciously mean to kill marines. On the other hand if the Staff Officer knows that those were the FOB coords and had full knowledge of that then it'll be a BE or perma/execution for murder.

6) First thing is first, planetside I'd request a squad to go and find IO bodies with the help of the med console within the CIC, once those bodies are retrieved hopefully they would have some intel on them which will act as a base. I'd grant additional access to a Staff Officer that's experienced with req to send down intel kits and get req moving again until req is staffed, as someone who is experienced with solo-CIC I'd be able to send the other SO down to the IO lab to process that intel.

With regards to the pred De-WL, it was through a combination of mistakes and me being downright stupid at times, on a more personal note I feel I've matured more and that should not be as much as a problem, when writing this applications it has stuck to the back of my mind which is why I consulted a member of the CO council on it, they said that it shouldn't come down too hard on my application but I should fully acknowledge it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    I saw you many times as SL and i am always happy when i see you as one of my SOs. Can't judge you as XO since i always take that spot, but i will say that as SO you never failed me. Perhaps even more important for me is that i've never seen any LRP behaviour from you as SL or SO and i like that you mention RP as one of the things you want to focus on.

One think i am missing in your app regarding the insubordinate deparmets is perhaps the most important one of them all, command. How would you handle insubordinate SOs/XO if they either refuse to man their stations or outright go against your orders. In case of XO, how would you handle him intentionally announcing different orders from yours? (say that you are deployed at the time)

Cheers for the support, how would I handle an insubordinate command? Good question.

Command can often loose clarity from conflicting orders especially on highpop with a full CIC, as mentioned above from BasedOperators question, I am sympathetic if orders conflict and there is genuine confusion however if a officer willingly ignores my orders and instead makes orders that completely contradict mine I'd warn them on the consequences on the marines down planetside, for example a XO orders Delta and Charlie to Eastern caves, on LV, (a position heavily defended by xenos) instead of conducting a flank through Central which I have organised planetside, what I suspect will happen is a lot of complaints by marines then forces getting split up and isolated by the xenos leading to a huge amount of causalities and the element of surprise broken and possibly a mutiny. The XO has just committed Sedition by trying to overthrow my command, and while I will be able to BE them when I arrive back to the ship I'd rather order the MPs to let them rot in a cell for a while then execute them.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    Command can often loose clarity from conflicting orders especially on highpop with a full CIC, as mentioned above from BasedOperators question, I am sympathetic if orders conflict and there is genuine confusion however if a officer willingly ignores my orders and instead makes orders that completely contradict mine I'd warn them on the consequences on the marines down planetside, for example a XO orders Delta and Charlie to Eastern caves, on LV, (a position heavily defended by xenos) instead of conducting a flank through Central which I have organised planetside, what I suspect will happen is a lot of complaints by marines then forces getting split up and isolated by the xenos leading to a huge amount of causalities and the element of surprise broken and possibly a mutiny. The XO has just committed Sedition by trying to overthrow my command, and while I will be able to BE them when I arrive back to the ship I'd rather order the MPs to let them rot in a cell for a while then execute them.
    I like the anwer. It's good that you know such actions are BE-able and that you still prefer to use the MPs first before pulling the gun. And you've also shown that you understand the impact confusing orders can have on the operation. Combine this your great performance as SO and good performance as SL, i see no reason why should not be given the whitelist. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, I always thought you were already a CO

it's a +1 from me
    captain bill sutton, corporate sellout and roleplayer extraordinaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy is a very solid commander and fun to play with. Even if they do play an annoying fem US medic on escalation.
    Would recommend playing XO/SO more often, but other then that you've been good in my experience.
    Doesn't mean much coming from me but +1
    Last edited by bardinatavern; 11-02-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackwell is a great example of someone who has grown as a person and a community member as time has gone on.

He's a solid commander and he isn't afraid to think out of the box, as his tactics and application shown

I think he will be an interesting addition to the whitelist.

+1
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: