User Tag List

Thread: Foolosopher - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foolosopher - Developer Application (Coder)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Foolosopher

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Coder

If Coder, what languages?
    C, C++ , DM (recently)

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Never developed for any server

Proof of any previous or current work:
    https://pastebin.com/AbA7Qnty - C program, Tic Tac Toe using Minimax Algorythm. This one took a while because my teacher only gave me the definition of the algorythm, not the implementation, but in the end it worked out as intended. It never loses a match.

I don't have anything to show in C++ because I've been learning it alone and haven't produced any considerable projects, just small stuff like some sorting algorythms and a text adventure that is yet to leave paper

I have some .dmm and .dm files, specially one which changes a bit of Powerloader code and adds an armored one, but since it's 'leaked code' I'm not sure if I can post it here. Probably what would matter most for the app though.

How well do you know Git?
    I have a bitbucket account which I used to add to the Tic Tac Toe project, nothing more than pushing and cloning though. I'm sure I can pick it up

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I have been playing CM for about a year and for a while have been wanting to help contribute in development. Now that we have the junior position I decided to apply.

This year will be probably a bit busy for me, but still I wouldn't mind helping to fix some bugs or making small tweaks in the code. I take this as both an opportunity to help make the server better and to gain from the experience.

Head Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team as a whole has concluded that, primarily due to your note history in combination with your < 18 status, this application will be denied without testing.