Date of Incident
    November 3, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Ravager (FA-535-L5)

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Minimike1220

Accused Character Name
    Marcellus

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:30, ish

What rule(s) were broken:
    Combat Synthing

Description of the incident:
    Was faffing about with Ravager on LV, 13:00 and fog still up with central gap. So a whole lot of nothing happening. Earlier that round, Survivor Synthetic Marcellus was cordially invited to meet the Queen. He refused, so he was destroyed. Marines eventually found the body, and he returned with a vengeance.

An actual vengeance.
    Marcellus hisses, "You shouldn't have killed me."
    And he did a bunch of very borderline combat synth stuff. Rushing ahead of cadelines, without any marines, to attack a pylon with a fire axe though 4 T3s managed to stop him in the one attempt I witnessed myself and he ran back south, though he got a few swings in. Then he set up a Tesla turret on the bridge to trick and trap the chargers that were doing their thing there. Someone said he put it down exactly after the crusher charged to keep him from being able to flee, but I was busy Raving elsewhere and didn't notice that incident myself. Then he also was constantly at the frontline with his fireaxe once we got pushed back, destroying weeds, demolishing doors and grabbing bodies. The ENTIRE HIVE (alright, just 11 xenos at this point, but still) was grumbling about him at that point, because there is just nothing you can do as xeno to stop that from happening.

I PM'd him shortly after the pylon incident and he was convinced he didn't do anything wrong, so I guess I'm putting up this report to clear whether that was acceptable behaviour or not. I thought I had a pretty good handle on what synths can and can't do, but I might not?

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    A warning to take it down a notch.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, let's go through this in a list so it's easier on everyone.

1.) I was a synth survivor who got killed because I refused like you said. This is entirely accurate, and my statement of which you posted above is correct. I remain neutral to xenos until they prove hostile. Several xenos were questioning why I was there, so I made that statement. And frankly, yes I was upset, most players are when they get killed.

2.) The marines attempted to unsuccessfully push several times, so I assisted them, I set up a mid-bridge to zap pushing xenos, and was defending it. As far as I'm aware using deployables to aid the marines is not forbidden by any rules or regulations

3.) Its common practice for synths to destroy weeds/pylons/traps etc. I can understand your argument about the pylon at the end of the bridge, but as I said above, I was attempting to aid the marines push.

4.) Finally, if you read the current guidelines and synth rules on the forums (as well as refer to prior rulings) synth survivors combat rules are MUCH more lax compared to Almayer synthetic. An argument that I broke the "self-preservation" rule might be made, so let me dispute that. I was not pushing my health, I was generally topped up (I believe I had some minor damage), until I was trying to get the tesla back (I was repairing it) when it was destroyed, and I fell back.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was part of the hive this round.

He was aggressive.. and annoying.. but without a boiler we couldnt kill him. And he didnt overextend to the point we could catch him.

But mostly...The same hive that killed him, called him a bitch, and then spun on his body.... is now pikachu face when he gets vengence. You reap what you sow.

Also I dont like that OP was in the situation, bwoinked him, and reported him.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post

Also I dont like that OP was in the situation, bwoinked him, and reported him.
    Already handled internally
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOGS:

Marcellus makes contact with FortyPercent
    Spoiler Spoiler:

FortyPercent atttakcs Marcellus:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fortypercents response to Marcellus's death:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Marcellus later in the fight:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Attack logs from Marcellus/vice versa:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

FortyPercent PM's Minimike:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

So, combat Synth logs are hard to dig for/determine. This is all the relevant logs I managed to dig up. As always, if I missed anything, let me know.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all sorry it took me a bit to get to this.

Synth council has discussed it and there's some things we're not happy with:

Marcellus roleplay. Synths don't get emotionally affected by stuff, so acting in vengeful way is just not acceptable.

Marcellus brought up that "survivor synth combat rules are more lax." That was never the case. Both Almayer synths and survivors share the same ruleset regarding combat: don't chase, don't needlessly combat and always self-preserve.

Synth council will be clarifying synthvivors rules more in the future.

For now, resolved - warning issued to Marcellus regarding unsynth like roleplay.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.