November 5, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Ravager HEX
    Their BYOND Key
    grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5 minutes prior to the time of this report
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions

5. Determine the punishment.
    Description of the incident
    Round ended, I rested in lower engi and hit my "Sup man!" macro roughly 30 times, and an admin gibbed me (basically solving it IC). In dchat a bunch of people are now spamming it so I throw it in a few more times (maybe 10?). I saw no warnings from staff or OOC messages telling people to stop. About a minute later Grimreaperx15 PMs me, and without questioning or warning he straight tells me "You are being banned for 24 hours for spam", all I have time say is "what" before I am promptly server banned with no actual dialogue with the staff member in question.

I feel the escalation immediately to a 24 hour ban is a little out of place and unfair in this case when another staff member already "punished" me IC with a gibbing. I could understand a warning or a 3 hour ban but a straight escalation to 24 hours seems wrong, especially since Staff Protocol #1 was broken.
    Evidence
    Logs
    How you would punish the accused
    Not for me to say.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone got banned, if you were gibbed for doing it, maybe you should have taken that as the warning.
    Going around the spam filter and filling everyone's screen with text is stupid and annoying as fuck. We have a spam filter for a reason, I think it's common sense like anything else if you have a macro that breaks the spam filter, it's not acceptable.

Yeah no Chainsaw, not happening, you and everyone else can have a time out for acting like kids.

Also the ban has been reduced to three hours as everyone who was spamming was banned for the same time. However spamming and minor offenses can range from a warning to 3 hour to 24 hour ban at staffs discretion. It’s only been changed cause everyone should be getting equal punishment
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 11-05-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids