Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acid/Neurotoxin spit and the planned updates

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acid/Neurotoxin spit and the planned updates

So Neth has said they are going to add a way for marine armor to cancel stuns (neuro spit, pounches, and tackles). As we all know with the exception of praetorian acid spit is complete garbage. Neuro toxin can be great or it can be garbage depending on if RNG decides to kill you that day. However with this new chance to cancel stuns it will most likely turn neurotoxin complete garbage because 2 sets of RNG just compound the effect way worse. So this thread can be a bitch thread about how the dev team is going to ruin sentinel/spitter/possibly praetorian/possibly queen and it can be a thread about ideas on how to fix this mess before they screw it up.

I have lost faith in the dev team and don't think they have any idea what they are doing but I will go ahead and make a suggestion that they just combine the 2 spits into 1 and give them both effects. Since its gonna be shitty rng to stun someone it should atleast do whatever minor damage that acid spit does so you don't feel like a complete waste of space when you pick spitter or sentinel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to need a few more direct quotes from you because you're letting your imagination run wild from a single statement which doesn't even remotely relate to what you're complaining about.

When did we say neurotox and tackles will be complete RNG?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    I'm going to need a few more direct quotes from you because you're letting your imagination run wild from a single statement which doesn't even remotely relate to what you're complaining about.

When did we say neurotox and tackles will be complete RNG?
    The idea is, having better armor will be better than no armor. What you will trade off in speed (and evasiveness) you will gain in ability to cancel someones pounce/spit or disarm

I just ask you to wait before I rule out my current project - Neth

I didn't say they would be complete RNG, I said they are already RNG and will be compounded with more RNG thus making them even less reliable. RNG is fucking bullshit and gets you killed in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    The idea is, having better armor will be better than no armor. What you will trade off in speed (and evasiveness) you will gain in ability to cancel someones pounce/spit or disarm

I just ask you to wait before I rule out my current project - Neth

I didn't say they would be complete RNG, I said they are already RNG and will be compounded with more RNG thus making them even less reliable. RNG is fucking bullshit and gets you killed in this game.
    Neither of the quotes suggest more RNG to me, and making neuro hitting not RNG in exchange for weaker neuro doesn't seem like it adds more RNG.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    Neither of the quotes suggest more RNG to me, and making neuro hitting not RNG in exchange for weaker neuro doesn't seem like it adds more RNG.
    So they are going to make neuro less effective but never miss? Then ya it will make it less RNG. How else is he going to implement armor cancelling stuns? If its is something you use as an ability it will be even more bullshit than a random chance but that's an entirely different thread.

As you describe it if its a random chance to block the stun but stuns always hit and are less effective then we are in the exact same spot we are now just weaker neurotoxin. Sound shitty to me either way.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing that I can gather that might make sense since you wont respond is that whats really being implemented is armor decreasing the effectiveness of stuns and he just didn't convey that at all and confused me saying that it cancels stuns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neuro spit is absolute bullshit anyways, any nerf that comes to it the better. If it were by me it should be locked to tier 2 and sentinels should get acid.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagfnacy View Post
    Neuro spit is absolute bullshit anyways, any nerf that comes to it the better. If it were by me it should be locked to tier 2 and sentinels should get acid.
    Who guards captured marines then? Theres usually only like 1 spitter cause spitters suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spitters are pretty epic, now that I think about it. I know it's never going through, but aren't Sentinels supposed to be like guards? They should stay beside the Queen and the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read the original suggestion, it was to make neurospit inject chemicals instead of instantly downing victims. Probably through OD thresholds or a sleep tox effect. You have played vanilla SS13, right? You have to be familiar with changeling stings and sleepy pens.