User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acid/Neurotoxin spit and the planned updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was an accepted suggestion on gitlab about a neuro rework, which basically stated that when mobs are hit with neuro it causes a build up of chems in their body, which metabolizes slowly.

The effects would go from being totally fine at low Us, to moving slowly, getting blurred vision, and eventually being stunned for a longer period of time. No insta stun but when you do go down you stay down for longer.

Also played around with in that suggestion was the idea that targeting different body parts would have different effects - eyes, blindness, hands = dropping stuff, feet makes you slow down a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That�s gonna be fun. One sent aims at your hands the other aims at your feet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    neuro shouldnt stun

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean that sounds fine for neuro building up in your body (as long as some chem doesnt completely counter it like kelotane does acid spit) but what did neth mean by armor cancelling stuns?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let�s hope it�s not as retarded as he made it sound lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe armor cancelling stuns is already explained or at least quite obvious:

Wearing armor has a chance to completely block off the effect, similar how sometimes armor straight up absords slashes.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    I believe armor cancelling stuns is already explained or at least quite obvious:

Wearing armor has a chance to completely block off the effect, similar how sometimes armor straight up absords slashes.
    ya so its RNG just like I said then mattatlas came in and said it wasnt RNG. So basically neurotoxin is just becoming harder to use but still has the same dumbass chance to miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyHawkpilot019 View Post
    neuro shouldnt stun
    Constructive critique there matey.

I just want to say that I doubt neuro will get reworked like the thread. Since the original devs who accepted the task already left the server... When they accept something, it doesn't mean the future dev team does. Especially not with how strict the suggestion rules are.

Neuro needs a complete rework. B18 needs a rework, don't just add more rng / potency in the way of a normal pfc's resistance because you don't like the few sods that run around without armor for the speed. Xenos rely almost completely on stuns right now. I'd love to see combat reworked so it doesn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos rely on stuns because getting close puts you at risk of burst fire or buckshot which will insta crit you, making stuns needed to actually taking anything down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were going to rework Neurostuns it'd be turning it into an initiator - which means no more spamming it.

Two spits, you're out of plasma. Take the plasma mutator for a third. Long cooldown between spits which takes longer than it does for the neuro to wear off.
    In exchange the spit itself reliably stuns with no RNG bullshit.

Give about as much time to do something to the marine as a lurker pounce gives. If you can't kill them, tough shit. If you eat buckshot to the face, tough shit.

Xenos understandably need stuns, but those stuns have to stay away from being automatic kills. The spammability of neurostun right now is the biggest frustration with it. Xenos don't actually risk anything; the plasma is back in seconds. You have to try very hard to actually run out of it. Marines rarely have a chance to respond to the stun. Change that - make it something you have to THINK about using. That's what I'd like to see.